Perkins looking forward to Free Agency

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency

In Response to Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency:
    [QUOTE]Petey, I feel that you are the voice of reason on BDC... What do you feel the team will look like post big 3?  Based on what we have now.
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

Wow jdm894g, voice of reason?  Thanks much.  Post Big 3, the key will be to acquire players, albeit non-Hall of Famers, capable of getting it done offensively but, more importantly, defensively.

I think the future core of the Celtics is bright.  It will be Rondo, Delonte, Baby, Semih, Luke and Perk.  I'd also like to see Quis and Nate stay with this group.  But what's going to make or break the Celtics post Big 3, IMO, will be acquiring TWO stars (Monta Ellis-type of guard), (power forward with defensive mindset like KG who can also score the basketball) and a decent small forward.

I believe the Celtics won't have to replace each of the Big 3 since I hope Rondo raises him game and becomes that all around player that many believe he'll become (I'm not sold on that yet).  Although many believe he will, I'm just not convinced that Rondo will all of a sudden become a 17 points and 12 assists per game PG.  I am hoping for that though and if he does, there is one piece of the new Big 3.  Then the Celtics would then have to get two more STARS and they should have the money in which to do that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Here's my core Post Big 3 if we could somehow swing it.

PG-Rondo
    SG-Anthony Morrow
    SF-Jeff Green
    PF-Love
    C-Perk

Off the bench - Jason Thompson

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

[QUOTE]Here's my core Post Big 3 if we could somehow swing it. PG-Rondo SG-Anthony Morrow SF-Jeff Green PF-Love C-Perk Off the bench - Jason Thompson
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

That team would win 25-30 games. That is a bleak future...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

i have liked perkins' improvement over the years.  he will never be a big scorer, but does many things on defense that neither of the o'neals can do.

he is always going to be a player who draws debate on whether he is good enough or not, but he plays great team defense, good individual defense on all the opposing centers, rebounds fairly well (keep his guy from tons of boards) and never complains about not getting enough shots.  his teammates certainly seem to like him as a player on their team.

hopefully, he will recover from his injury to make a major contribution to this year's team.

i would guess that if he had played last night, love would not have had 24 rebounds

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCelticsKing. Show TheCelticsKing's posts

Please tell me ur jokin ,1st there is nothing wrong with perkins defense,hes one of the best defensive centers in the league,Him and Rasheed Wallace exposed dwight Howard last season by getting in his head and superb defense,and lets not forgot in round 1,he held Jermaine Oneil to 7 just 7 FG the whole 5 game series which is the worst FG% in history,also he was 4th in the league blocks last season,led the Celtics in rebounding,his freethrow shooting isnt that good but its about right for a center,his ballhandle could use work but his scoring is just fine for the team you unc,when your the 5th option on your team and the best defender and rebounder and score over 10 points thats fine,and lastly he was #2 in the league in FG% last season, And he has way more to contribute than shaq or JO ,he moves better,tougher,far better defense,waaaay better rebounding which is what Celtics need,and can even score better,So Never again say that He wont get more minutes than those 2

[QUOTE]Perk is very limited in what he can do.  He will not improve in his ballhandling, scoring, foul shooting, or defense.  He more likely will be worse.  I wish we had him in game seven last year but almost pulled my hair watching him turnover the ball that year.  Shaq is a much more viable weapon at this point. Unfortunately Perk has very little value right now so we are stuck with him.  But I certainly don't mean to say there won't be minutes for him to play and be helpful.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

Supposedly Perkins might be starting to play again near the end of the month.  If KG really just has a strained/pulled calf muscle, then in a month the whole starting lineup might be playing together for the 1st time together all year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency : Man that is some ignorant vomit Perk should hopefully get a 1 year deal at around the same $ he is making this season 4-5 million from us. Maybe just enough of a raise to keep him from other teams MLE $. I see nobody in this climate able to give him more than the MLE and a chance to win. He is a competitor, not a lazy Tim Thomas mercenary. He will prob be offered the MLE from several teams b/c even if he is never quite the 8 point, 9 rebound, 2 blocks in 26 mins guy he was starting w/ KG's arrival, he'd at least be a 5-6.5-1.5 guy in 18-22 mins off the bench and an intimidator/rim defender. If that is what he shows himself to be healthy next year we can keep him for the MLE and maybe get Kaman as a starter summer '12. If Perk elevates his game to the 13.5-11-2.5 guy we always thought he could be, then we can give him like 5/50 and be secure with a 27-28 yr old fully recovered Perk as C of future.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

If you remember a year in half ago Ainge dangling Perk in a trade but no one bit.
    So, vomit now!!

Ainge knows what I'm talking about. Perks has hands of stones, can't dunk, can't shoot, can't dribble, slow in rotation, prone to get technical, his rebounding is mediocre..then he gives you that tough look but tofu skills.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, some have just thrown Perk to the junk pile after a devastating injury. If we had him game 7 we win. The starters have never lost a series with him, why would anyone want to break that up? How quickly we forget. No one plays Howard like Perk. I wouldn't want to leave next year up to Shaq and JON...heck no!!
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

bias, please explain perk's baffling descent from a really compelling player at the mid point of last year with 12.2 and close to 9 boards, to the bumbling, foot dragging sloth that we saw in the playoffs?

i mean perkins was terrible the second half of last year, it was like he was 3% worse every game and by deep in the playoffs he was doing not much at all.  horrendous shooting, turnovers, moving picks, free throw bricks.  you name it, perkins was stinking at it.

so why the adulation for him?  that was likely his zenith as a professional player (first half of last year).  do you expect him to come back with the SAME (i.e. no decline due to injury) foot speed, shooting touch, rebounding, etc.?? 

so did you really watch these games or are you just a homer for perkins? 

ALSO with perkins you can be guaranteed to get ZERO CALLS in a game because of his idiotic proclivities to develop negative relationships with the refs and plenty of technical fouls.  WHY has he (read: a middling scrub) been allowed to develop this routine where he leads the leagues in technicals and fake toughness?  does danny or doc have any control over this? 

it ain't fun to watch for fans and it does COST US credibility and good will with the refs.  i wouldn't mind never seeing perkins in a green uniform again and you guys want to sign him up for his declining post injury years.  imagine that, a scowling, lumbering perkins who can't move as well as before and still leads the league in T's.  what a beautiful thought.  just like birds chirping in the spring time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency : If you remember a year in half ago Ainge dangling Perk in a trade but no one bit. So, vomit now!! Ainge knows what I'm talking about. Perks has hands of stones, can't dunk, can't shoot, can't dribble, slow in rotation, prone to get technical, his rebounding is mediocre..then he gives you that tough look but tofu skills.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

You mean ONLY if he got a top 5 pick in the draft so he could take Stephen Curry, James Harden, or Tyreke Evans and THEN trade Ray's exp contract to get size back??

You mean nobody would give up a top 5 pick future all-star aged 21 for him?

Don't bring that "Perk shoulda been traded' vomit if you don't know the situation... you bring a knife to a gun fight

Ainge always felt that his Celts shoulda traded McHale for Detelf Schrempf and a 1st rd pick and Parish for Michael Cage and a 1st rd pick... instead they traded him and the Big 3 became a 2nd rd playoff team in '91/'92.

Ainge was ready to do what Red never did, when he couldn't get the kinda young talent back to pair with Rondo that Red could have gotten to put with Reggie Lewis, then he signed Sheed and decided to go for another run.

You wrongly hate on Perk and are ignorant about situations involving this team... good work

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency : That team would win 25-30 games. That is a bleak future...
    Posted by jam757[/QUOTE]

Sorry you have no judge of talent, that is a VERY good team would win 45-50 every year and lose in the 2nd rd to one of Miami, Chicago or NY w/ Melo

But I don't really see us being able to sign 40 million in players with 10-15 million in space after '12...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency : Sorry you have no judge of talent, that is a VERY good team would win 45-50 every year and lose in the 2nd rd to one of Miami, Chicago or NY w/ Melo But I don't really see us being able to sign 40 million in players with 10-15 million in space after '12...

Leave it up to BiasLewis, he'll make things happen. LOL

HAHAHA!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency : You mean ONLY if he got a top 5 pick in the draft so he could take Stephen Curry, James Harden, or Tyreke Evans and THEN trade Ray's exp contract to get size back?? You mean nobody would give up a top 5 pick future all-star aged 21 for him? Don't bring that "Perk shoulda been traded' vomit if you don't know the situation... you bring a knife to a gun fight Ainge always felt that his Celts shoulda traded McHale for Detelf Schrempf and a 1st rd pick and Parish for Michael Cage and a 1st rd pick... instead they traded him and the Big 3 became a 2nd rd playoff team in '91/'92. Ainge was ready to do what Red never did, when he couldn't get the kinda young talent back to pair with Rondo that Red could have gotten to put with Reggie Lewis, then he signed Sheed and decided to go for another run. You wrongly hate on Perk and are ignorant about situations involving this team... good work

Then...tell me if this is not true.
     Perks has hands of stones, can't dunk, can't shoot, can't dribble, slow in rotation, prone to get technical, his rebounding is mediocre..then he gives you that tough look but tofu skills. He travels 1 or 2 every games.

Ask everyone...not just one stupid
    Take the big 3 out and he will be exposed..... more.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

There is a shortage of quality centers in the league and a lot of teams (Miami included) are in the market for one. While Perkins may have his shortcomings, he is acknowledged as an elite defender. In free agency, Perkins will have a clearer idea of his value in the open market. That will aid both himself and the Celts in contract re-negotiations. I think that Perkins wants to stay a Celtic as much as possible, and the team intends to re-sign him as long as the terms are fair and reasonable. In my opinion, if Perkins recovers well from injury, he should receive at least what Jermaine O'neal is receiving.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency : If you remember a year in half ago Ainge dangling Perk in a trade but no one bit. So, vomit now!! Ainge knows what I'm talking about. Perks has hands of stones, can't dunk, can't shoot, can't dribble, slow in rotation, prone to get technical, his rebounding is mediocre..then he gives you that tough look but tofu skills.

You left out the part about him not knowing how to set a pick!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency : That team would win 25-30 games. That is a bleak future...
    Posted by jam757[/QUOTE]

You're trippin! That's 2 All-Stars in the starting 5 in Love and Rondo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

Keep Perk!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrocktonMike. Show BrocktonMike's posts

There is a lot of talk about a future that includes Shaq, but I don't see him in the future, anywhere.  He's pretty worn out, has to watch his minutes during the regular season, so he can contribute more in the post season.  

Perkins should be using this time to practice shooting, his defense is great, but lord all mighty, the man doesn't have good ball handling skills or accuracy.  

I think Doc said it pretty well last year, and I'm paraphrasing somewhat.  Perkins has been digressing in the later part of the season offensively, returning to bad habits he'd worked on and wasn't giving into until recently.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Perk isnt anything special.. sorry to break the news. Hes decent playing in the Celtics system with stars around him.  Hes gone backwards in alot of areas the past 2 years and now... after surgery and a long layoff, dont expect he'll be even that good

Perk has no business starting over Shaq unless Shaq is hurt.  Shaq has been great for us... just not lately.. If his recent slump is temporary, then Shaq is easily much better than Perk.

If he tests free agency, I think he'll get a similar response as Baby did last year.

How Perks rep has grown during his layoff lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency : Then...tell me if this is not true.  Perks has hands of stones, can't dunk, can't shoot, can't dribble, slow in rotation, prone to get technical, his rebounding is mediocre..then he gives you that tough look but tofu skills. He travels 1 or 2 every games. Ask everyone...not just one stupid Take the big 3 out and he will be exposed..... more.

Pretty shameful analysis of what he brings to the table.

He was turning into a very useful 12p 9r 3b a game C 1st half last year and had a poor 2nd half, minor nagging injuries, etc. The finals knee injury prob cost us a ring. But an 18-16 advantage over LA is no big deal I guess.

He averages the same # of blocks as he does turnovers. Turns it over less than any of the other starters, granted in less mins, but your attack of his stone hands/traveling violations is meaningless.

He was a 9 point, 7.5 rebound 1.5 block guy the past 3 years in 26 mins making 4 million per as a 27th pick. He defends the rim VERY well and is the type of guy all great teams have around to do little important things that negative ignorant babies hiding behind computer screens can't comprehend.

The year before the big 3 got here would have been his senior year in college. You can't call him nothing w/o them when he was a project out of HS. He just turned 26. When Robert Parish turned 26 he had yet to be traded here from Golden State.

Why don't you lay off the hate and tell me who we should have picked 27th in '03 and from that point who should have been the starting C on the championship season 4 years later and exactly where/how we'd have had the money to do it genius. even with hindsight 20-20 you can't make any claim that Perk at next to nothing $ wasn't and isn't a fine core member of very good club doing many good things.

Instead you just want to vomit on a champion with some flaws in his game but who plays a value role in a game devoid of many great big men.

Clearly pathetic, clearly ignorant

stop bringing knives to gun fights you got nothing useful to say Che, you were owned

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Perkins looking forward to Free Agency : Let's assess this recipe: There is no player in the league (and therefore the world) where the difference between his actual game his game in his own mind differs more greatly - the difference between his actual game and his perception of his game is simply spackle for the grand canyon.... He somehow has convinced himself that he is one of the "BIG 5" and does not realize that every year there are more of him drafted than other type of stiff - give me Deandre Jordan or Jason Thompson or anyone named Lopez, etc. Stiff hands, bad passer, turnover waiting to happen, no offense, overrated defense - nobody (like Rondo) in the entire league benefits more from who they are playing with than Perkins. I can see the interviews now - um, I can't read or write and I have no hands or offensive skills and mostly I just complain that I have committed 25 fouls per game but only got called for 4, when I finally get to the line from being a black hole in the paint thinking I am Hakeem, Kareem, Wilt, etc. I miss almost half the time - heck if D Howard averages twice as many points and twice as many rebounds and make the same rate of freebies, why should anyone be disappointed. Byebye Perk, give me McGee, Thompson, either Lopez, either Gasol, Howard, Kaman, Bynum, Chandler, Jordan, and a bunch of others and you go test the waters and find out that your thug irrelevance is simply that. KG who is an immature thug and happens to have tremendous skills has rubbed off on idiots who think they have some sort of game - they don't. A lot was made about how KG has habitually bullied European players but for some reason the race card was not played - Good God Almighty if some Euro landed and n-bomb on KG. The NBA is a fairly decent representation of "you get what you pay for" and Perk will disappoint whatever GM is the idiot that signs him to a contract anywhere north of what he is currently making. IMHO the MVP is 3rd in the league in voting for guards and somehow Rondo has missed a 3rd of the season and is 2nd in voting..... just try, try, try, try - aaannnnkkkkk - Celtics fans...... Rose is the MVP of the league and somehow Rondo with his ugly stats is second in voting where Rose is 3rd...... Rondo tries to make sure his scoring average goes down and pile up assists and is AFRAID to go to the line where point guards earn their pay (D WIlliams was 13 of 13 last night), he routinely passes up layups to make sure he is not missing shots, not missing freebies, not missing routine jumpers, and not missing 3s... Can there be any worse shooter in the league who routinely puts pressure on his team to score than Rondo? Perkins...... 8 points and 8 rebounds and a t every 5 games and a black hole on offense and bad hands and bad feet and a completely unwarranted scowl that the refs laugh at.......... "oh that is Perkins, he is a stiff and benefits from KG, Doc, Pierce, Allen, etc." so no foul.... unless of course he actually does something against the rules - ...um.... which he always does - oh but wait, he cant read or write so how can we expect him to know the rules....... The BIG 3 remain the BIG 3 until and unless they are not healthy - KG has gone down so for the time being they are done.  The chasm of talent between the BIG 3 and the rest of the team is completely immeasrable................. Perk we hate to see you go unless and of course we can land any number of another dozen centers that will take our team to a different level. Good luck with  your ebonics classes.... the Texas drawl and 89 IQ is not really all that impressive.....hopefully u have saved ur $ 4 ut family  
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

RACIST trash

See the above post of mine featuring facts and truth to show how your ignorant drivel rant is a pathetic exageration of a solid useful player and basically 100% wrong

And you call yourself a fan of this team with constant disgusting hate aimed on multiple players

You are a joke and a scar on this face of this forum

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

"Racist trash" all you can say Rame....nothing else.
    When the truth speaks, all you do is call names. 
    Stop calling names...  That's it for me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bfletch56. Show bfletch56's posts

Perk brings a great intensity to the floor in terms of defense, but offensively, he is a liability. Even as Shaq is in the latter part of his career, he still has offense and contributes as well defensively as Perk. I say give Perk the option to win his role back, and let Shaq come off the bench and feed off of the 2nd team guys that are a notch below the starters. Jermaine O'neal isn't motivated at this point in his career, and it is easy to see watching the games.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]"Racist trash" all you can say Rame....nothing else. When the truth speaks, all you do is call names.  Stop calling names...  That's it for me.

No, I wrote in paragraphs that proved you wrong

racist trash was the BsS DUDDER brought

Hope you enjoy being lumped with a hateful loser like him on the Perkins issue

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Tell me all about the "PERKINS INTANGIBLES"!  I need to hear all about them, because the "TANGIBLES" are awfull.

In his best showing in the playoffs in 2008 - 2009  --  He was very good.

14 games  --  37 minutes  --  58% FG's  --  67% FS  --  11.6 Rebs.  --  2.6 Blocks  --  12 Pts.

He was on his way.  He stayed on the court, played good "D", Rebonded and Scored well.

Did he get a Big Head?  Because by Feb. last year he went steadly downhill.

2009 - 2010 playoffs --  He crashed.

23 games  --  25 minutes  --  51% FG's  --  60% FS  --  6.2 Rebs.  --  1.4 Blocks  --  5.7 Pts.

He dropped by 1/2 in all aspects of his game in the playoffs.

His mout got him to 16 Technicals during the season.  Did he think that he was better than he was?

Right now he has a bad shoulder  --  torn-up knee  and bad hands.  Will he come back  --  if so to what level?  His 2008 - 2009 level or his mundane 2009 - 2010 level.  Will he lose a step?  Will he have learned to keep his mouth closed?

I sure hope so.  I hope he tears it up, so that he is worth a good contract.    

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins looking forward to Free Agency : No, I wrote in paragraphs that proved you wrong racist trash was the BsS DUDDER brought Hope you enjoy being lumped with a hateful loser like him on the Perkins issue

Rame---hating is similar to  race card. If the arguiment cannot be supported, its easy to throw hating or race card name.

I don't hate Perk, I just don't like his play...period.

I think if we dangle him as a trade bait for a young skilled (a college prospect) the celtics will continue the dominance when the big three are gone.
    Perk is not the center I envisioned to anchor the next generation.
    He has big value then and we missed the opportunity to move him.
    Now, his value is so so. The only time he can be effective, if he is going to Miami. Again...he needs a complimentary player to be dominant. 

Going to Miami is my only fear. Miami has no money but the value of Perk
    is affordable for Miami.

Sections
Shortcuts