Perkins Lovers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Perkins Lovers

In Response to Re: Perkins Lovers:
    [QUOTE]Kristic cant set pics for ishh, so this makes the loss of Perkins harder to adjust too, I think it allowed Rondo to get into the paint easier as guys usually stuck to Perk.  I will give you that, as well as his after the whistle elbows that usually got under players skin.  All that being said, Rondo and the rest of the team sprinted out to the best record in 10' without the services of Perk.  So all that he brought was seemingly masqueraded by Shaq, and so if he returns, I think we will not hear of this Perkins guy anymore.  I love Perk to death, but truth is, what he brought should and will be replaced...but last year was a desperate one in terms of offseason help due to inflated contracts of the big 3.  When the dust settles in 2 years, the C's will find their future Center who will ideally be able to score down low and defend.  Whats done is done.  Danny has went on record to say he is confident Shaw will play, so lets relax and hold him to it...if Shaq dont show...lets kill danny then...until then, Relax!
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

How Danny dismantles the BIG 3 and starts the rebuilding process without Doc will be very interesting to see unfold.  My guess is he rides off into the sunset once the BIG 3 is dismantled.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaPrince77. Show DaPrince77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Perkins Lovers : Who'da thunk it?  Perk will end up with more rings than KG, Ray, Paul, and Rondo.....
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Isn't this the same post you've already written earler toda? Yep. The last time I checked basketball is a "T-E-A-M" game, and a lot of people loved and appreciated what Perk brought to the game when he was hear wearing the Green.

In the Celtics last 11 games our centers are averaging under 5 RPG, in 48 minutes. (Perk averaged 8.3 in 26 minutes per/game himself) if you want to throw out meaningful #'s. Btw the Thunder won the game last night, so who cares about Perk's numbers.

Also, who had better numbers, Wilt Chamberlain or Bill Russell when they played against each other?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins Lovers : Isn't this the same post you've already written earler toda? Yep. The last time I checked basketball is a "T-E-A-M" game, and a lot of people loved and appreciated what Perk brought to the game when he was hear wearing the Green.  In the Celtics last 11 games our centers are averaging under 5 RPG, in 48 minutes. (Perk averaged 8.3 in 26 minutes per/game himself) if you want to throw out meaningful #'s. Btw the Thunder won the game last night, so who cares about Perk's numbers. Also, who had better numbers, Wilt Chamberlain or Bill Russell when they played against each other?
    Posted by DaPrince77[/QUOTE]

Perk played 12 games this year...... and the Cs had the best record in the east prior to his return - and a higher winning percentage in the first 43 games without him than the 12 with him....

I know it is a team game and I did not mention anything about Perk earlier today.

I didn't throw out any numbers about Perk at all.

I was just making a simple observation that it is likely that given that the Cs won't win a title this year, there likely will be no league next year, the BIG 3 will be dismantled thereafter, and Perk will be playing with the best scorer in the league and the best point guard in the western conference as well as a bunch of other young athletic guys that Perk will likely get more rings than the BIG 3 and Rondo - maybe combined.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigJoedaddyBoston. Show BigJoedaddyBoston's posts

[QUOTE]As usual though, his T-E-A-M won the game, right? Perk was nothing special as a player, but he filled his "role" here very well, no need to put him down, certainly better than Jeff Green and Krstic. It's never been about #'s with Perk anyway. Btw, what's Oklahoma's record since they've gotten Perk, and what is the C's record with the two "CHARMIN-SOFT" players they received.

Well said!  Ibaka has averaged 4 blocks with Perk back and OKC is doing great.  Knocked off the Lakers as well

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Perkins Lovers:
    [QUOTE]Since it seems everyone has fallen in love with Perkins on here since the trade, just wondering if you folks saw rookie Demarcus Cousins absolutely destroy Perkins last nite to the tune of 30 points? Perkins finished with 6 points, 3 rebounds, and 5 fouls. Couldn't stop Cousins. Just amazing to see all the love for Perkins since he was traded when I remember people calling for his head numerous times over the past few seasons. Just looking for a scapegoat.
    Posted by wvuceltic[/QUOTE]

Well you do know that its was a back to back for the Thunder. Remeber, Perkins is not going to get you 30 points a game, what he does is the intangibles. He plays physical defense, the kind that makes players think twice before trying to go inside to score.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins Lovers : Well said!  Ibaka has averaged 4 blocks with Perk back and OKC is doing great.  Knocked off the Lakers as well
    Posted by BigJoedaddyBoston[/QUOTE]

I believe the Thunder are 19-4 since the Perk trade.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]Kristic cant set pics for ishh, so this makes the loss of Perkins harder to adjust too, I think it allowed Rondo to get into the paint easier as guys usually stuck to Perk.  I will give you that, as well as his after the whistle elbows that usually got under players skin.  All that being said, Rondo and the rest of the team sprinted out to the best record in 10' without the services of Perk.  So all that he brought was seemingly masqueraded by Shaq, and so if he returns, I think we will not hear of this Perkins guy anymore.  I love Perk to death, but truth is, what he brought should and will be replaced...but last year was a desperate one in terms of offseason help due to inflated contracts of the big 3.  When the dust settles in 2 years, the C's will find their future Center who will ideally be able to score down low and defend.  Whats done is done.  Danny has went on record to say he is confident Shaq will play, so lets relax and hold him to it...if Shaq dont show...lets kill danny then...until then, Relax!
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

And Perk can set picks? lol  Half the time they end up as offensive fouls.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins Lovers : Well said!  Ibaka has averaged 4 blocks with Perk back and OKC is doing great.  Knocked off the Lakers as well
    Posted by BigJoedaddyBoston[/QUOTE]

Yeah they knocked off the lakers but nothing to do with Perk... plus they alway knock of the Lakers.... remember they took them to 7 games last yr in playoffs

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

If only Shaq can be ready in time for Game 1 of the first round vs. New York, which was the date circled by Rivers Monday (let's hope he's using red pencils instead of red pens, at this point). Or: If only Shaq can get healthy enough for the second or third rounds, or hey, even the Finals. If only the other O'Neal, Jerrmaine, can become the player he was a year or two ago, so we don't much need Shaq. They're bargaining with themselves, the basketball gods and their fans.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins Lovers : And Perk can set picks? lol  Half the time they end up as offensive fouls.
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

This may be true....but does anyone of us know what a legal pick looks like now??   The same pics K.G. set never gets called, cuz the refs didnt like Perk, which didnt help us.  I think you have me confused.  I am not a Perk apologist, but I can call it like I see it.  If you cant say Perk set better screens than Kristic, then you probably wouldnt give Perk any of his dues then.  The fact is Kristic is already going towards the hoop before he even engages his man, its more like going thru the motions...Perk always got a peice of his man, and thats the point right?  His pics are no more  illegal then K.G.'s, just a lack of respect, or a fear of K.G., dont know which is it.....but c'mon CA sox...lighten up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins Lovers : Against the Wizards, BRAVO!  What did he do against the Miami Heat, - in a game that actually meant something?

he hardly got any PT thanks to doc running our staters into exhaustion!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Perkins Lovers : Who'da thunk it?  Perk will end up with more rings than KG, Ray, Paul, and Rondo.....

that certainly remains to be seen. but let's assume you're right...the same could be said of rondo and BBD as well. only b/c the big 3 suffered for years on terrible teams before being brought together at the end of their careers. so perk, rondo and BBD, who were all very young when we won it in '08, could definitely end up with more rings if they end up on the right teams.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" just wondering if you folks saw"...just wondering if you saw Perkins help dominate the Lakers in a game the Lakers wanted badly? 

Just wondering if you're aware that Kobe called Perk the best low post defender in the league? 

Just wondering if you're aware that the Celts have been dominated on the boards and in the paint since he was traded? 

Just wondering if you're aware that OKC has an excellent overall record since he came on board, including 8-2 in the last ten games? (Celts are 5-5 including some embarassing losses) 

Or, if you want, you could do what you did and cherry pick one game. 

I hope the Celts win the championship, but I won't be surprised if OKC lasts longer than us in the playoffs. I'm sure if that were to happen you'd find a way to spin it somehow.

Oh, and for the record, I'm not a Perk lover. When I heard of the trade I was shocked but hoped it would work out. 

Well, the story isn't over yet so I'm not passing full judgement, but...oh who cares I'm sure you'll find a way to ignore these stats in favor of the axe you are grinding

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Before the Perkins trade, the Celtics were dominated on the boards....so being dominated afterwards is nothing new!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]Before the Perkins trade, the Celtics were dominated on the boards....so being dominated afterwards is nothing new!!!
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

It's gotten worse though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins Lovers : Good point and the truth.
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

There is a lot of truth to what DaPrince writes, that with Perk gone it somehow changed the team chemistry, etc, etc- but this team was 33-10 without him in the middle. I agree and have posted before that it most likely has changed the team chemistry, but as someone else said the veterans need to look into the mirror. I don't think they'll like the reflection. They had a great record without Perk in the middle, okay now Perk is gone, the veterans needed to step up and they haven't. Team chemistry may be lacking but it's the fault of the players letting his loss get to them. They are for the most part seasoned veterans and the team chemistry is an excuse for the players lack of heart.

Perk would have been gone anyways after this year to free agency, and even with Perk this year the depth of this team was very thin. Ainge did what he needed to, he traded for what he thought were quality players. Okay, so far the team hasn't jelled, but again I put that onto the team veterans.

The only move I disagree with was trading Erden. He brought a fresh set of legs into the game, was a pretty decent rebounder/defender and with the of JO and Shaq to be healthy Erdenssize and inside presence hurts this team. He would never be a great starting center, but certainly be a very fine bench role player which is something the Celtics have always had.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins Lovers : How Danny dismantles the BIG 3 and starts the rebuilding process without Doc will be very interesting to see unfold.  My guess is he rides off into the sunset once the BIG 3 is dismantled.

My guess or hope is that Ainge stays on through the rebuilding and beyond. The Big 3 will be dismantled most likely going into next year as Allen and Garnett might both retire, or atleast one. Pierce will probably be around for another few years. The Perk deal had to be done, and was done with an eye on the future. Green will be a good addition in the long run, but Krytic looks weak to be a starting center. He doesn't provide the inside presence needed. This is where Ainge made the mistake of letting Erden go.

We'll see if Ainge goes after Howard, but if the Celtics are in the rebuilding mode will Howard want to come here, I doubt it. More likely he'll want to be with a contender. My guess is the hated Lakers.  

Where Doc comes in with all of this, my guess is that Doc moves on to retirement, atleast for a few years to be with his family, but he'll eventually resurface to coach again. If needed, hopefully in Boston. Who Ainge finds to replace Doc will be interesting. Great coaches are hard to come by. Could Tommy Heinson get the job done ?

Hetchinspete.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]Perk was never a good player, he was an average center, but what puzzles me the most is that Danny Ainge never thought about team chemistry when he was making the trade. In team sports, some players may not be special or prolific but they are there because they give the team a spark or they just gel very well with the rest of the team. Perk was that type of guy.
    Posted by sti328[/QUOTE]

Some people in this board refuses to accept the fact that Perkins was going to walk away after the season and the celtics would get nothing in return.Danny had no choice.We got 2 good players plus a first round draft choice.Not to bad.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

The greates loss was coach Tibbe.Dos should have moved to the front office so the celtics could sign a great coach like Tibb.The bulls were the winner.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]The greates loss was coach Tibbe.Dos should have moved to the front office so the celtics could sign a great coach like Tibb.The bulls were the winner.
    Posted by debrit[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with you there, he should have been the heir to Doc. He has that fire in his eyes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

The CELTICS offense is the problem not the defense.  The defenseive numbers are still the same.  It is the offense that sucks right now and it's nothing to do with Perkins being gone.  Rondo off and on play has nothing to do with Perkins being gone because he has had good games.  

THE OFFENSE IS THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]The CELTICS offense is the problem not the defense.  The defenseive numbers are still the same.  It is the offense that sucks right now and it's nothing to do with Perkins being gone.  Rondo off and on play has nothing to do with Perkins being gone because he has had good games.   THE OFFENSE IS THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are right, the offense is 24th in the league. This is definetly unacceptable. If they can get it to the mid teens, we got to 18th championship in hand. Better shooting from Rondo and the return of Shaq can get us there.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Prince and the other Perk lovers will forever prolong the myth of Kendrick Perkins.  Why do they turn a blind eye to the fact that our record and all statistics, offensive and defensive, were better when Perk had not even suited up for the season.  He barely plays and then all of a sudden the annual end of the season slump is because Perk was traded?  What about last year's swoon? What did Perk do to help us avoid that slide?  
    I liked Perk (but did not blindly love) and think he will compliment the Thunder well.  That said, it is beyond a stretch to say that he is the reason OKC is on a roll and the reason we are in a tailspin.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins Lovers : You might like to take a look at our starters who have done very little during this period and our perimeter D and three point line D have been awful. That is on your starters. I am not taking the word of a softer than tissue Chris Bosh on anything. Kobe Bryant is just poking the Celtics. He'd better take care of his own business. Funny we beat the Magic 3 times and split with the Lakers without Perkins. How do you explain that one?
    Posted by terrrapin[/QUOTE]

Did it cross your mind that the reason the D is sagging lower is that their difficulty  controlling the paint is forcing the smaller players to help inside?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]The CELTICS offense is the problem not the defense.  The defenseive numbers are still the same.  It is the offense that sucks right now and it's nothing to do with Perkins being gone.  Rondo off and on play has nothing to do with Perkins being gone because he has had good games.   THE OFFENSE IS THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COHESIVENESS (lack of) is the problem!!! How can the offense be struggling? Didn't they add better offensive players?