Perkins settles in with Thunder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonFan95. Show BostonFan95's posts

Perkins settles in with Thunder

"I hope I can be here. I want to be here," Perkins said of Oklahoma City. "I couldn't find a better situation for myself. I really want to be here and this is just a great organization, just learning every day, just being around, it's overwhelming. 

Perkins said he was interested in playing for Oklahoma City as early as last offseason, when he discussed with agent Arn Tellem

"I do want to be here and hopefully we can work something out. They are the first option, the first team on my plate with free agency coming up or whatever it may be. I just know Oklahoma City will be my first option." 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Re: Perkins settles in with Thunder

Danny knew he wanted too much money. You can't pay a guy 10 million a year,unless hes a shot blocking rebounding machine,if he can't score. 

He was already looking at the Thunder,so you have to hand it too Danny for making the move.

Perkins would have turned into Jon Koncak,if he got paid 10 million a year. A overpaid guy,who handicaps the salary cap.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Good luck, Perk, except, of course, when you play the Celtics.  Hope you help us rough up some of them folks in the West.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

I think the move to Oklahoma will be good for Perk in the long run. For one, the Thunder can afford to pay him more money than the Celtics can or are willing to. Secondly, he joins a young talented team that is on the rise. He effectively saves himself the agony of undergoing the rebuilding process at Boston. Thirdly, he's now located closer to his home state of Texas.

More importantly, Perk wants to play in Oklahoma and they want him there. If he stays healthy, he's going to have fun playing in his new colors. Good Luck, Big Guy!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: Perkins settles in with Thunder:
    [QUOTE]So all of the "I'm heart broken Perk is gone" can sleep well knowing he planned to bolt anyway....discussed it with his agent last year?   Priceless...... Wait until Westbrook throws an ally and Perk doesn't jump or Durant throws him a pick and roll pass, which will get kicked into the stands....
    Posted by jallen3531[/QUOTE]
    That is the fly in the ointment.  As saddened as I am about Perk's sudden trade and departure, knowing he was going for the megabucks after this season puts a lot of the onus on him and not DA.  He would have remained a Celtic if he had tried to find middle ground with the owners on a new salary.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerseycfan. Show jerseycfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins settles in with Thunder : That is the fly in the ointment.  As saddened as I am about Perk's sudden trade and departure, knowing he was going for the megabucks after this season puts a lot of the onus on him and not DA.  He would have remained a Celtic if he had tried to find middle ground with the owners on a new salary.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

I agree,it is all about the cash.  Play the middle ground route sign for 2 years and see where that takes you.  Hopefully, he would have 2 championships and then go free agency.  He now has to worry about his health and fitting in with that club without KG.  Good luck Perk!!!   You will need it!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

What did you think Perk was going to say anyway, that he doesnt want to be in OKC or he wished he was never traded??

Perks saying what he has to to endear himself to OKC. So, if youre lookin for a reason to feel better about Perks leaving, this isnt it imo.

Although I agree he was gonna test Free Agency so DA couldnt risk him leaving and getting nothing back in return.  Lets hope we have enough bodys at the 5 when it counts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Perk already got a ring, blessing that Ainge was able to trade him to a team who can "AFFORD" to pay him.
    For Perk, it's all about his security and financial stability.

I'm not certain Ainge has a heart with this cut throat business, i can only
    speculate.....he rewarded Perk by putting him to a team who will pay what he was asking. My hat to Ainge. 

..it's a win win situation for both.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerseycfan. Show jerseycfan's posts

[QUOTE]What did you think Perk was going to say anyway, that he doesnt want to be in OKC or he wished he was never traded?? Perks saying what he has to to endear himself to OKC. So, if youre lookin for a reason to feel better about Perks leaving, this isnt it imo. Although I agree he was gonna test Free Agency so DA couldnt risk him leaving and getting nothing back in return.  Lets hope we have enough bodys at the 5 when it counts
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Perk clearly wanted out.  It was his decision at the end of the year to test the waters and he is intitled to do just that.  He was 18 when he joined the NBA   He has had a serious knee injury and shoulder problem.  He is under a lot of pressure to perform and fit in with his new club.  He first has to get healthy.  He has much riding on the next few months.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]Perk already got a ring, blessing that Ainge was able to trade him to a team who can "AFFORD" to pay him. For Perk, it's all about his security and financial stability. I'm not certain Ainge has a heart with this cut throat business, i can only speculate.....he rewarded Perk by putting him to a team who will pay what he was asking. My hat to Ainge.  ..it's a win win situation for both.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Agreed, good take on it

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Ainge probably could have traded Perk to any number of teams, but he knew the Thunder would be a team Perk wouldn't mind playing for. Danny's first job is to look out for the C's, but i think he also thought about Perkins when making the trade.  CHE is right, Ainge can't listen to his heart in this business, but we wouldn't want him to, if we want to win championships!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

So, in his FIRST interview, before playing a game, he talked about his contract?
    He talked about "long-term"?
    I know the guy is from TX, but can we all please get over his "emotional shock" at being traded?
    I liked Perk, I did, and I wish him nothing but the best, but I hope KG and Rondo have read these comments.  Maybe they will understand better it's time to move on.
    Whoever said Perk was Randy Moss was prophetic.  So I guess that makes Ainge Belichek!!

Sections
Shortcuts