Perkins signs with OKC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

Perkins signs with OKC

They did not disclose the details of the contract but I would think it had to be in the 8-10 million range. It is strange that they would do it so soon when he hasn't even played a game for them. I would have thought he would at least explored the free agent market but I guess he got a little scared when he was traded by Boston. I for one an glad that we didn't sign him for a long and expensive contract. I liked him but I still believe that he is overated playing for the Celtics and being around so much talent.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: Perkins signs with OKC

the details are out there....like 37mil over 4 years.  something like that

as a thunder fan, I'm not sure I like it.  I kind of doubt perk has 4 ten million dollar years left in him.  He's not old, but he's old in basketball miles.  I hate to lose him this year, but no way he's worth 10mil per over 4 years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

confucious say that OKC will live to regret this a lot.  they just overpaid for a guy who is tough physically but fake tough with the refs emotionally and has very limited skill set.  the hands and feet on perk were cast in cement with lead weights as the core.  this does not make a 8 million dollar center in the NEW cba. 

remember that 8 million tomorrow is going to be equal to 10 million today as they ARE going to be cutting the salary cap. 

i thought the perkins from the first half of last year is the best he would ever be (and it was great),  and i thought the guy had turned a page.  and then i watched with mouth agape as he rapidly deteriorated into an insult to basketball through the last 1/2 of the season. 

perkins went from being great first half of last year to being horrible w/o any stated injuries.  everything was bad- rebounding was almost zilch and the hands went from being best ever to nearly worst ever.  field goal percentages, free throws, mobility, everything tanked big time.  it made no sense.

i'm glad okc has this ref hassling enigma instead of us.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I really think by mid season this trade is going to look like a steal. I was ambivelant at first about this trade but I am real happy after thinking it through. We came out way way far ahead on this one the only way this doesn't work out if we can't resign Green,and even then being a RFA we'd get something back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I'm happy for Perk and the long term contract.

At best a back up 5, mean as a snake, loved his grit/determination (but not the scowl/tecs).... His game had peaked and  on the decline.

DA was going to have difficulty resigning him... and showed some sack.

Good luck!

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

for cheap, we got the best of Perk.
    he will not be the same for thunder.
    like the hornet paid so much for posey.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

am i the only one that is going to say good for perk. he got what he wanted. more then 5.5 a million a year like we could offer AND he is closer to home. and be happy he isnt with miami or chicago right now. it was 4 years 34.8 million i believe. Perk already has his own jersey over there!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

So the numbers come out to be somewhere in the $7-8M per year range for Perk.

Good luck with that Thunder. That's not something I could see the C's paying him. Good move Ainge!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I think it is a good move for the Thunder. They now have a player that tends to play bynum well in the limited minutes Bynum plays and owns Gasol (when bynum is not on the court) because he pushes him so far from the basket.  Perk let's the Thunder play a lot more single coverage and gives them an enforcer in the lane. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Good for Perk.  Seems the story that he was looking for Haywood/Kaman money were a bit off.  I think he is worth that deal 7 days a week.  The C's would probably have to pay as much to re-sign Green if they're leaning that way.   

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Perkins signs with OKC:
    the details are out there....like 37mil over 4 years.  something like that as a thunder fan, I'm not sure I like it.  I kind of doubt perk has 4 ten million dollar years left in him.  He's not old, but he's old in basketball miles.  I hate to lose him this year, but no way he's worth 10mil per over 4 years.
    Posted by cole-ely

The Cs traded their second best center for the OKC second best center.....  he was not worth $10 million and will not be there.  One can only hope that Ibaka will be here soon.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

I'm happy for Perkins but glad we are not stuck with that contract. He will never be as good as he was with Boston. He needs KG as much or more then KG claims he needed him. With Murphy in the mix now I think we will be just fine up front.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In Response to Perkins signs with OKC:
    They did not disclose the details of the contract but I would think it had to be in the 8-10 million range. It is strange that they would do it so soon when he hasn't even played a game for them. I would have thought he would at least explored the free agent market but I guess he got a little scared when he was traded by Boston. I for one an glad that we didn't sign him for a long and expensive contract. I liked him but I still believe that he is overated playing for the Celtics and being around so much talent.
    Posted by kccorwin

Totally agree that Perk must have had a sobering wake up call but seems like a VERY curious move by the Thunder, unless they just signed him to pound on Bynum.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Perkins signs with OKC:
    In Response to Perkins signs with OKC : Totally agree that Perk must have had a sobering wake up call but seems like a VERY curious move by the Thunder, unless they just signed him to pound on Bynum.
    Posted by pschuller

This response is not directed directly at you but you have made the last post so I am responding generally....

For years I have stated that the chasm between Perk's perception of his game and the reality of of his game can be seen from space like the Great Chinese Wall and the Grand Canyon.  Well now Perk is accepting this fact.

What is hilarious is how I have been attacked over and over again about how I have no sense of how to assess talent, etc.

The two most overrated players in Cs recent history are Perk and Rondo.  It was just proven about Perk and there are also those idiots that think Rondo's contract was some sort of steal.  Rondo makes nowhere near what the best point guards make - why? because he is not one of the best point guards.  You get what you pay for.  I firmly believe that there are about 30 GMs think that Danny vastly overpaid for Rondo and only here on this board and in the local press would be left to believe Rondo is a bargain.

See ya Perk we hardly knew ye - oh know we did, you have hands of stone, bad footwork, can't make free throws, have no face the basket game, have not back to the basket game, and have a gigantically overinflated sense of self worth and will now be paid as a journeyman center.  Won't miss the level to which you are overrated and certainly won't miss your scowl and the fact that you have never committed a foul.  Congratulations.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

OKC see Perk as the answer to their size problem.  They believe with Perk they would have beaten the Lakers last year.  I am not so sure but I wish them all the best and go Perk - always a favourite of mine!

Sections
Shortcuts