Perkins traded, Celtics punked, opponents emboldened

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Perkins traded, Celtics punked, opponents emboldened

No matter what anybody says, i noticed this phenomenon.

Remember the bloody regular season Knicks game ( No Perkins to make the rough housers think twice)

Do you honestly think DWade starts slamming our players to the ground (Rondo, Ray Allen) with Perk around? He did'nt do it last year!

So what's the difference now?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Perkins traded, Celtics punked, opponents emboldened

He didn't have Lebron or Bosh either.  Remember Shaq he got injured,  if he had played normally Wade would not have been emboldened.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Perkins traded, Celtics punked, opponents emboldened:
    [QUOTE]No matter what anybody says, i noticed this phenomenon. Remember the bloody regular season Knicks game ( No Perkins to make the rough housers think twice) Do you honestly think DWade starts slamming our players to the ground (Rondo, Ray Allen) with Perk around? He did'nt do it last year! So what's the difference now?
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

I think youre prob right.. I noticed that myself.. alot of getting in the C's face even during the regular season... showing nobody was afraid of them anymore or giving them respect.

Still very doubtful Perk being here would have made any difference ni the final outcome imo..

My take is injuries, by a landslide,  were the #1 reason this team failed... a distant second was the wonderful NBA refs,,, who always find a way to leave a rotten taste in peoples mouths

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

2 major issues with this team that we have to face and realize we werent gonna go that far with or without Perk.

One is Turnovers -  I dont think Perk would have helped there, he may have made the numbers go up, as he had problems there too.

Two is fourth quarter execution.  Most of our games were lost in the last 5 minutes and that is typically when Perk is on the bench.

If you wanna make the case for off the court leadership and things like that, I will give you a little credit, as Perk was big on watchin film, motivationg, etc.
    But I will not sit here and say that Perk being almost 10 years younger than the big 3 was the only guy who watched film on a veteran team, and if K.G. cant motivate you, than there is a problem.  

The only reason we may have missed Perk is in regards to being a babysitter for Rondo and Baby....because both their games fell off a bit...but I just dont think we had a shot at the title this year without a healthy Shaq....Perk was not gonna get us by Miami or Chicago for that matter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

No Gm should pay 8mil per for a 51st overall rated center Period. If you want toughn ess hire a vet min enforcer.  6 point 8 boards 1.2 blocks is not worth a big contract.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

"No Gm should pay 8mil per for a 51st overall rated center Period. If you want toughn ess hire a vet min enforcer.  6 point 8 boards 1.2 blocks is not worth a big contract."

exactly. i love how people love to blame our failures on the loss of semi-talented role players like james posey and tony allen. i loved perk, but he was a limited player with limited abilities and limited basketball IQ.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Kahtug,
    You are completely right.  The issue created by the trade was a disruption of team chemistry with Perk and four others being shipped out in late Feb.  Further complicated by a huge miscalculation that Shaq was going to recover and play the rest of the year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In Response to Re: Perkins traded, Celtics punked, opponents emboldened:
    [QUOTE]Kahtug, You are completely right.  The issue created by the trade was a disruption of team chemistry with Perk and four others being shipped out in late Feb.  Further complicated by a huge miscalculation that Shaq was going to recover and play the rest of the year.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

when perk refused to sign, danny and doc were faced with a tough decision. they rolled the dice and lost. it happens. at least we have green and cap space in 2012, although some of that cap space will go away when we resign green.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bramrok. Show bramrok's posts

we would have won this year with TA and Perkins, period!!! this was the last year for a championhsip so they should have gone all in on this year. Ainge was looking to the future about not being able to sign Perkins next year, but next year was irrelevant. This team's window of opportunity is now shut. Miami will 5-peat.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

[QUOTE]we would have won this year with TA and Perkins, period!!! this was the last year for a championhsip so they should have gone all in on this year. Ainge was looking to the future about not being able to sign Perkins next year, but next year was irrelevant. This team's window of opportunity is now shut. Miami will 5-peat.
    Posted by bramrok[/QUOTE

Does clueless begin to describe people like you?  Don't you get we rolled the dice on Perkins. He wanted to test the waters and we gave him the ship. Where would our offense have come from with Perkins, Allen, Rondo and BBD on a team. Insert Delonte West and Jermaine O'Neal? The Big 3 didn't score down the stretch. That is it. Danny gave us flexibility after next year with expiring contracts and not being sadled by no offensive bums like Perkins, Allen and BBD. Don't you get Daniels was hurt, we had zero back-ups. We had the best record in the league without the guy. If we had signed him to a bigcontract (which is what he wanted) we would have been saddled with a zero offensive team. Can't you hear guys like Mark Jackson and Reggie Miller talk about good O over good D? I want you to check that line-up again above. We weren't hurt by interior defensive it was the exterior defense. We would not have won it with Perkins. Who would have backed up Paul and look what BBD did the whole series. Where would the scoring have come from? We would have payed a career 6 and 6 guy. For what? Oh yea that toughness he brings. Jesus get your heads out of the sand. Funny, how people now want Danny to make a big move. He did already. He cleared cap space for anyone infinitely better offensively than Tony Allen,Perkins or BBD. Rondo is under contract already and wasn't going to be moved.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

In Response to Perkins traded, Celtics punked, opponents emboldened:
    [QUOTE]No matter what anybody says, i noticed this phenomenon. Remember the bloody regular season Knicks game ( No Perkins to make the rough housers think twice) Do you honestly think DWade starts slamming our players to the ground (Rondo, Ray Allen) with Perk around? He did'nt do it last year! So what's the difference now?
    You are wrong . The NBA let the Celtics get punked by Wade. The Celtics hard fouled the Heat and they got flagrant 1's,but the NBA let Wade and the Heat get away with the same fouls.
    Wade took advantage of being a superstar,and did whatever he wanted in the series.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Perkins traded, Celtics punked, opponents emboldened : You are wrong . The NBA let the Celtics get punked by Wade. The Celtics hard fouled the Heat and they got flagrant 1's,but the NBA let Wade and the Heat get away with the same fouls. Wade took advantage of being a superstar,and did whatever he wanted in the series.
    Posted by notrade[/QUOTE]

Yes they did.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins traded, Celtics punked, opponents emboldened : Yes they did.

you do know perkins was the 51st rated center this year?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins traded, Celtics punked, opponents emboldened : Yes they did.

So Jermaine had some hard fouls,but the refs called them flagrants. The NBA was more to blame for the Celtics getting punked,because they only called flagrant fouls on 1 side of the court. 

I proposed trading Perk and Nate for Baron Davis and Deandre Jordan,but since Cleveland took Baron off their hands(Danny probably couldn't have gotten them to make that trade)They didn't have to give up a talented young player to get rid of Baron.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

How does a center who can't shot, has no post up game, limited jumping ability, hands of stone and can't manage his fouls very well become a legend?

Get traded.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

I thought Krstic and Murphy were 12 fouls unused.

They should have been enthusiastic choppers, hacking the glamour boys on their drives to the bucket. Let's face it. Wade and James can go to the hoop w/o fear of a travelling call. Maybe fear for their health would have slowed them a bit.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]I thought Krstic and Murphy were 12 fouls unused. They should have been enthusiastic choppers, hacking the glamour boys on their drives to the bucket. Let's face it. Wade and James can go to the hoop w/o fear of a travelling call. Maybe fear for their health would have slowed them a bit.
    Posted by MrJohnnyMost[/QUOTE]

Great in theory but some dogs bite and some don't, you can't make them or coach them to change their instincts and inclination.

Sections
Shortcuts