Perkins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Perkins

Was gonna scream on you Perkins but I changed my mind.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: Perkins

blow it out!!

scream & say 30mil not worth!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Amen! For the life of me, I don't see what the yahoos sing his praises about! Can't run, can't shoot, can't pass and he can't catch! Am I forgetting anything? Should I go on? OMG!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

You left out the dreaded moving screens.
    Like Rondo, scoring is not Perk's strong suit.
    But Perk is great on defense and he's 2nd in rebounding to KG.
    He's not everything, but he's something. 
    How much that's worth with all the inflated NBA salaries, I don't know.
    Even with his deficiencies, I'm glad he's back and on the court for 20-30 a night.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Perkins:
    [QUOTE]Amen! For the life of me, I don't see what the yahoos sing his praises about! Can't run, can't shoot, can't pass and he can't catch! Am I forgetting anything? Should I go on? OMG!!!
    Posted by jozee76[/QUOTE]

your right..he cant do anything. shouldnt even be in the nba. lol do u hear yourself..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

there was a moment in last nights game when a laker came down on perk. the laker landed on perks left lower leg, perk was on the ground and his leg looked akward. the announers said "perk is still down on other side". i got worried real quick. a couple seconds later he was up running to the other side of the court.

perk shouldnt have played so many minutes last night, but we didn't have anyone else. it was game 7 all over again. but lost a bigger lead and they won by 2 more. those guys were tired at the end of the game cause there was no subs to put in.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Celtics can get a good draft for Perk.....maybe give it Cleveland so we can get a good pick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Perk may be desired by some teams, but even Cleveland could see that Perk is not going to put them in the win column soon.

Frankly despite the fact I am glad he is back his limitations are great.  Very very very very slow.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I don't know what folks want.  Really!  This team needs a serviceable, defensive-minded center who can rebound.  And most importantly, needs to be on the court.  Before Perk returned, we had no consistency from that spot.  NONE!

Perk has been back only 9 games and is being forced to play WAY TOO MANY minutes than he should because all the other "so-called" better centers can't stay on the court.

I will take someone like Perk over the long haul than a prima-dona center who is more into marketing himself than contibuting to the success of the team.  If I hear "oh, he could play if it were a playoff game" one more time, I'm going to throw my laptop out the window.

We won't be so happy if Perk decided in the offseason to sign with Miami as a free agent.  Let's see if Semih could solidify that center position then.  He isn't perfect, but he gives us more than any other center this season has because he can stay on the court.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bopaticuns. Show bopaticuns's posts

Petey62 - He could play if it were a playoff game. 

Just kiddin'.  I agree completely!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Micksoxx. Show Micksoxx's posts

Hands like feet...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

all i know, don't waste Perk--find a way to trade him. he's not the future....i said over and over.... people are doped to think  this guy has skills.
    he's skills past 4 years ago. nothing is left to this guy.
    the more we hold him, the more we bury our future.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

So who did all you dummies want to play at center last night?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]So who did all you dummies want to play at center last night?
    Posted by Icon11[/QUOTE]

Icon11, I think they preferred Baby to play center since Perk has no skills.  Prior to him returning, this board was clamoring for his return and how he'd shore up the center position.  Where are all the centers?

You guys are cold on Perk too.  "Hands like feet" is just plain wrong.  Funny but wrong.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In Response to Re: Perkins:ME!
    Posted by Icon11[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Perkins : Icon11, I think they preferred Baby to play center since Perk has no skills.  Prior to him returning, this board was clamoring for his return and how he'd shore up the center position.  Where are all the centers? You guys are cold on Perk too.  " Hands like feet " is just plain wrong.  Funny but wrong.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

It's wild.  Perkins isn't that great no doubt about it, but the guy just comes back from a serious injury and sucks up 31 minutes with 12 points, 9 boards and 2 blocks and people crucify him when there wasn't even anyone else available to play?

Seriously ridiculous.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

You know how it is after a loss here.  The sky is falling, trade one of our starters or BBD, the 2nd half is going to be a disaster.
    Then the C's bounce back and everybody quiets down for awhile

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Perkins shot down 4/22...appears he would accept 4/30...he is a role player that many championship teams need...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Micksoxx,

That is my saying. I think?

Health with transform the Celtics. Remember it was only two weeks ago that they crushed the Laker front line.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

They crushed them but Perk is not the factor you are giving him credit for.  Garnett has an off game last night  and you see what happens Perk is not a factor.  If someone wants him in a trade and we can get a high quality player I would do it.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Posted by Icon11[/QUOTE]
     Stop insulting the intelligence of other posters! Everyone on this board knew that he had to be played last night, many of us just think he isn't much of an addition to the team.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Against the Lakers last night, when he did that "turtle" move under the basket (because he could not catch it clean and go up, he was wrestling with himself for control of the ball) it reminded me of the 8 year-olds in my grandson's youth league.  Someone gets a pass, they don't know what to do with it so they hunch over to protect the ball. Hilarious...Perk is good for at least one comic highlight per night.
    Posted by jallen3531[/QUOTE]

I'm laughing out loud!!  This is so funny....true and funny.  I still like Perk.  He's a true warrior, but uncoordinated as can be!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

The fact is, this generation of NBA players has very few even serviceable centers. The Celtics have a quality one playing alongside some hall-of-famers. He may not be as gifted athletically as some, but he puts his heart and soul out there for you Boston fans. And he's a good defender.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know what folks want.  Really!  This team needs a serviceable, defensive-minded center who can rebound.  And most importantly, needs to be on the court.  Before Perk returned, we had no consistency from that spot.  NONE! Perk has been back only 9 games and is being forced to play WAY TOO MANY minutes than he should because all the other "so-called" better centers can't stay on the court. I will take someone like Perk over the long haul than a prima-dona center who is more into marketing himself than contibuting to the success of the team.  If I hear " oh, he could play if it were a playoff game " one more time, I'm going to throw my laptop out the window. We won't be so happy if Perk decided in the offseason to sign with Miami as a free agent.  Let's see if Semih could solidify that center position then.  He isn't perfect, but he gives us more than any other center this season has because he can stay on the court.

Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

-

I don't always agree with Petey, but on Perkins, Pete is right. All the points he makes are solid, valid points and very accurate in terms of basketball truth and not just opinion. I think Perk's game appeals more to connoisseurs of basketball than to casual fans focused on stats, athleticism, and star power.

The only thing I would add is that I think Perk has improved his game and will continue to improve, especially his offense as he rounds into shape.  I think having Shaq on the team is a huge plus for Perk as far as mentoring and learning. l  You can learn a lot just by watching Shaq.

Remember, Perk is not in great shape yet, and he was never meant to play these kind of minutes coming back but is doing it because of the injuries to Shaq and Jo and Semi.

Certainly Perk does not deserve the amount of criticism he's been getting here on this board.

Are these some of the same posters who were saying last June, if only Perk hadn't got hurt we would have won the title?   Probably.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

As I said, I like Perk.  I agree with Petey's logical and articulate explanation and defense of Perk.  We should be thankful for having Perk around and with him, we would have won a championship last year.....I believe.

However, Petey and Rajon, as much as we like him.....you have to admit the posts are funny and the comments about stumbling, bumbling and about the turtle move are true.   The one about him reminding us of little kids we coached who don't yet have the coordination to catch the ball and go straight up.....that was priceless.

Sorry Perk.....but sometimes we just have to laugh at you.

Sections
Shortcuts