Perkins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Re: Perkins

What everyone said in this post is absolutely correct....in the final analysis Perk needs to get better and can get better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

If Perkins will accept $30M for 4 years, the Celts should sign him. I think he's worth that much, particularly to teams that are dying to sign a center. Once Perkins is signed, the Celtics will have the flexibility of trading him in the off-season if it so decides. That's better than just letting him walk away in free agency without the team receiving anyone in exchange.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Perkins:
    Perkins shot down 4/22...appears he would accept 4/30...he is a role player that many championship teams need...
    Posted by beavis

the only problem is perkins is NOT worth 7.5M a year in the new CBA.  7.5m tomorrow is like 8.5m or 9m today.  crazy how much he's not worth that type of money.  his skills are limited, i like the fact that he's not assailing the refs for 2 T's a week this year, but there is no way perk is worth that much money in a new CBA with lower salary cap.

we're better off letting him walk after trying to win it all then making a horrible vocational error at the 5 spot for that much money. 

compare perk and joel anthony and the two players are not much different.  i daresay we could come into next year with a replacement for a workman-type center with limited skills and pay nowhere near 7.5m for it. 

it might sound stingy but i think perk's role and skills are 5M level in a new CBA with lower salary cap.  that's a nice living for a stone handed clod who can't move well, has horrible hands and the foot speed of a stone statue.  he's a tough bang 'em up guy with a good work ethic and that doesn't make 7.5 a year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

it might sound stingy but i think perk's role and skills are 5M level in a new CBA with lower salary cap.  that's a nice living for a stone handed clod who can't move well, has horrible hands and the foot speed of a stone statue.  he's a tough bang 'em up guy with a good work ethic and that doesn't make 7.5 a year.
    Posted by aciemvp
    ROTFLMAO......hahahahahahahahha!!!!  Im in tears.....

I do like Perk, but that move under the basket all alone made we want to throw my drink at the TV, only to get thrown out of the bar....I do think there are other serviceable big men out there.  Perk offense has disappear, especially the 10 ft shoot.  Let's see how he is a month from now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

In Response to Re: Perkins :  Stop insulting the intelligence of other posters! Everyone on this board knew that he had to be played last night, many of us just think he isn't much of an addition to the team.
    Posted by trouts

So you dont think his 31 minutes, 12 points, 9 rebounds and 2 blocks weren't an addition to the team last night?  You think they would have been better without him? Isn't what he did last night an "addition"?  Or was it a detraction?  Because the dude played when three other bigs nursed their little injuries.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

A centner that rebounds, blocks shots, set tough screens, and does the dirty work??
    a dime  a dozen right..name  the other centers in the leadue that has those traits..How long did it take KG to recover from his injury? Some fans will never be happy...Other than Howard, this guy is the perfect fit for us..we just have too many injuries right now...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

In Response to Re: Perkins : the only problem is perkins is NOT worth 7.5M a year in the new CBA.  7.5m tomorrow is like 8.5m or 9m today.  crazy how much he's not worth that type of money.  his skills are limited, i like the fact that he's not assailing the refs for 2 T's a week this year, but there is no way perk is worth that much money in a new CBA with lower salary cap. we're better off letting him walk after trying to win it all then making a horrible vocational error at the 5 spot for that much money.  compare perk and joel anthony and the two players are not much different.  i daresay we could come into next year with a replacement for a workman-type center with limited skills and pay nowhere near 7.5m for it.  it might sound stingy but i think perk's role and skills are 5M level in a new CBA with lower salary cap.  that's a nice living for a stone handed clod who can't move well, has horrible hands and the foot speed of a stone statue.  he's a tough bang 'em up guy with a good work ethic and that doesn't make 7.5 a year.
    Posted by aciemvp

Even though I have been defending the dude I would never give him 4 years and 30.  Let him walk if he wants that much.  With that said it is ridiculous to give him a hard time for the game he played last night coming off an injury while Shaq and JON sit around making sure they feel okay before they step on the court.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

In Response to Re: Perkins : your right..he cant do anything. shouldnt even be in the nba. lol do u hear yourself..
    Posted by JamezHill24

So you're saying that he CAN shoot, he CAN pass, he Can catch. To go on is embarrassing putz! I have nothingagainst "Perk" it's just that he's not that good. Sorry1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

blow it out!! scream & say 30mil not worth!!!!
    Posted by CHEisCHE

Man that is some serious ignorance

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I would give Perk the $30M/4yr deal

But not a penny more.

Perk is great with this team.

Other than the Celtics, I see OKC as the best place for Perk

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

all i know was that they did well and were well positioned to win the championship until perk got injured in game 6 of the finals. without perk, the celts did not even look like they stood a chance. game 7 was not as close as the score indicated. they were outrebounded badly. if kobe shot his normal, thats core would ahve been really bad.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

He doesn't recognize his limitations so he still consistently demands the ball, does that little wave off with his left hand, then proceeds to either hit the under side of the rim with a jump hook or misses the rim completely.  Both sides are at fault.

Damfuno & Jallen has the best analysis on Perk limited skills.
    I saw this a long time ago. Like rame, he thinks I'm Perk's certified basher...
        i just don't like his skills. Ainge used Perk as a trade bait but he chiken out.
    Three years after, his value is less than what we can get for him today.

I called it "manos the pierda"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Can you imagine a school system that couldn't teach a kid to read.  The public would be irrate.  Fire the Principal, the Teachers, the Superintendent.  Put the kid in Special Needs Class, get him HELP.

Perk is an example of total NBA failure.  Can't blame the colleges.  He didn't go.  Can't blame over-crowding.  Can't blame the Superintendent, Principal, Teacher, or the Special needs Coach.  Perk has had 7 years NBA Coaching, including bringing in a Special Needs Teacher, and he still can't play "O" as good as a high school Junior.  His hand-eye coordination is off the charts  --  the bottom.  He can't catch the ball, dribble the ball, shoot the ball, or break bad-habits that would keep a kid on the bench in high school.

All the video sessions in the world can't help him.  He can't even figue out that crying about ever foul, and scowling at the Refs, and being unpleasant is hurting him and his team.

Perk is a perfect example of the lack of so-called Centers in the NBA.  An NBA creation of "potential" that never happened.  yet might get $30,000,000. 

This for a guy who is your standard 8 Pt.  --  8 Rebound player who can't get his own shot, and looks fair when playing with NBA All-Stars.  Can't you see Perk shining on the Wizzards or the Cavs..

Life in the NBA!Surprised

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

To CaptChris: Funny post! And percetive as well. I wince every time I see Perkins at the top of the key. I know that he'll either get called for an illegal pick, or frequently fumble the pass away if it's tossed to him. On the occasions when he does catch the ball you also have to worry about him throwing it away 'cause he can't pass either. I got the impression that Bynum dominated Perk, especially on the offensive glass. Miami should be an easier time for him, hopefully he'll play decently because sadly he's all we've got at the moment.

Sections
Shortcuts