Perkins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from natepioneer1. Show natepioneer1's posts

Perkins

For all of the moaning we have done over the past couple of years ragrding his trade to OKC, he hasn't exactly lit it up over there.

Some interesting stats   In 24.5 minutes, he averages 5.7 rebounds (1.4 offensive) and 4.3 points.

Sullinger is playing 19.7 with 5.9 (2.1) and 6.1 points.  Even Brandon Bass, who people were hoping would be a the power forward is at 26.6, 5.2 (1.7) and 7.8.  Hmmm

While they have never replaced Perkins' snarling presence, I'm not sure they made such a huge mistake in trading him.  Especially considering the money he was looking for,

Could we let this go?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Re: Perkins

OKC doesn't need him to "light it up" over there, and neither did Boston.

We needed a guy who could play defense, rebound, and who wasn't afraid to commit the hard foul when necessary.  Sullinger seems like he'll live up to this and then some.

I agree that Sully is the future for us, but comparing Perk's role in Boston to his role in OKC is crazy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to natepioneer1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

For all of the moaning we have done over the past couple of years ragrding his trade to OKC, he hasn't exactly lit it up over there.

Some interesting stats   In 24.5 minutes, he averages 5.7 rebounds (1.4 offensive) and 4.3 points.

Sullinger is playing 19.7 with 5.9 (2.1) and 6.1 points.  Even Brandon Bass, who people were hoping would be a the power forward is at 26.6, 5.2 (1.7) and 7.8.  Hmmm

While they have never replaced Perkins' snarling presence, I'm not sure they made such a huge mistake in trading him.  Especially considering the money he was looking for,

Could we let this go?

[/QUOTE]

+

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Perkins was a presence and the timing of the trade was terrible but OKC has to be not too impressed with what they have got from Perk.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Perkins is way overpaid.  I am glad he is gone.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Perkins is way overpaid.  I am glad he is gone.

[/QUOTE]
    I am not glad that he is gone, but if OKC  didn't overpay him, he probably would still be playing for the Celtics.  I don't think that another NBA team would have given him the contract that OKC did. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

It was a huge mistake to let Perk go, even Ainge would admit that (off camera). He brough interior toughness to the team - stats don't matter. He has brought leadership and toughness to OKC and they are happy to have him - though having said that, if the Lakers continue to tank they may not need Perk as much in their playoff matchups. 

I would agree that Perk is paid on the high end of what he brings to the table but when you see that we have not been able to replace what he can bring, you can understand maybe a little better why. Salaries are based largely on scarcity of skill set, his skill set is obviously scarce since we can't find it. 

When Ainge traded Perk he thought he could have the best of both worlds with Shaq as a better offensive player giving 20 minutes a game, and Jermaine as his backup. Well, we know how that worked out. We can't say for sure that it cost us a title but many of us think it cost us at least a shot at one.

The funny thing about your post is: you don't want us to talk about Perk, so...you start a thread about Perk. If you hadn't started the thread we wouldn't be talking about Perk today. But yeah, it was a bad trade, however: if Green continues to play well as he has lately, and do it consistently the next few years, it may end up looking like a bad-to-ok trade and not a horrible one. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to natepioneer1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Could we let this go?

[/QUOTE]

Technically Perkins was traded for Green and Melo.  So the jury is out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

Green is the real deal for the next decade. He's just starting to get going.  Do we need a big in the middle? Yes. Perk fit that role perfectly. I just really like, long term, what Green brings to the team. Would I like to see Jeff back? Yes2! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

TrollSpanker, you SLAMMED it! Great points.