Perspective from Doug Collins?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Perspective from Doug Collins?

I thought the article on BDC today about Collins was very telling. He said the Celtics defense played as well as they have in some time and its the importance they place on making it hard to score in the paint is what makes them good.  Now we have all had to watch while this team has struggled on and off the past month, but most games teams were held to less than 90 points.,.,.so our struggles are more on offense and more the reason to stop piping about Perk and his presence..(say that 5 times quick) 

Doug is a veteran coach, and had Jordan as one of his star players. so the guys knows b-ball.  I just think we get spoiled here at times and complain about nothing...it takes another coach to point it out, but its true.  We should be very happy with this teams commitment to defense, everything considered. I watched a Suns game the other day and they make us look like best defensive team EVER.  Just a track meet where the last team with the ball wins.!  Thats west coast B-ball, and why the Lakers dominate....Cuz noone plays defense....its not even funny how its an afterthought and we have the nerve to complain...  check out the article.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2011/04/collins_breaks.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Re: Perspective from Doug Collins?

Playing good defense keeps you close in more ball games than playing good offense. I think it's a matter of opinion , I think it to be true. Why is Chicago so good this year? I tend to think it's thier D more than their O. I say that Boston still plays excellent team D. Their main problem is giving up those darn 2nd chance points after playing the good D.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

We had a discussion a while back here about Doug Collins. He is very well respected amongst basketball fans. I'm one of the many.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

It is a good sign that we have a defense that hold teams to 90 points even after the trade.

The offense will come..... basically 3 VERY important players... Green, Delonte, Kristic have not played together or w/ the big 4 more than 12-15 games this year... meanwhile both O'Neals haven't played with those new 3 at all or the big 4 since 2010.

You'd be much more worried if this new team was scoring a little more (like 97-98 per instead of 93-94 per) but giving up over 100. When we first made the trade we went 5-0 giving up an avg over over 100. Now that people are gettign their defensive assignments it is up to doc and the players to become an offensive juggernaught that the talent dictates we can be

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Perspective from Doug Collins?:
    [QUOTE]I thought the article on BDC today about Collins was very telling. He said the Celtics defense played as well as they have in some time and its the importance they place on making it hard to score in the paint is what makes them good.  Now we have all had to watch while this team has struggled on and off the past month, but most games teams were held to less than 90 points.,.,.so are struggles are more on offesnse and more the reason to stop piping about Perk and his presence..(say that 5 times quick)  Doug is a veteran coach, and had Jordan as one of his star players. so the guys knows b-ball.  I just think we get spoiled here at times and complain about nothing...it takes another coach to point it out, but its true.  We should be very happy with this teams commitment to defense, everything considered. I watched a Suns game the other day and they make us look like best defensive team EVER.  Just a track meet where the last team with the ball wins.!  Thats west coast B-ball, and why the Lakers dominate....Cuz noone plays defense....its not even funny how its an afterthought and we have the nerve to complain...  check out the article. http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2011/04/collins_breaks.html
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

I liked how he talked about forcing teams to take contested 2-point jump shots

So the Celtics take away 3-pointers and they take away the paint through good perimeter rotation and good big man positioning.

It really helped me appreciate what makes the Celtics go

Sections
Shortcuts