PG problems vs Indiana & Detroit

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

PG problems vs Indiana & Detroit

We may struggle the next two games because we're really playing without a PG. Indiana will use Collison and Ford to control the game and Detroit will use Bynum and Stuckey the same way. So I expect to see Bradley more and more for his defense. Nate's defense is really lacking. If you noticed DOC changed the rotation yesterday to work JON in. RA was probably tired because we never saw Wafer and Erden was out to allow JON to play. We were playing with Nate and RA in the backcourt and they were 5-28. Nate can't set up RA like Rondo can because Nate is looking for his shot too. Daniels may have been more effective down the stretch instead of Nate but that's hindsight. Haven't seen the stats but I would bet our assists were way down just based on our offense struggling.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: PG problems vs Indiana & Detroit

It's probably time for Doc to give Bradley more minutes. His defense is very good.

Would starting Bradley with the starters be a mistake?? He's going to play good defense and get the ball to the playmakers but it allows Nate to go back to his position off the bench.

If you watch PP at times he gets frustrated with Nate. Nate's defense isn't that good and I just don't think he's a floor general. I would rather have him play off the ball and spot up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Very good points as usual and you may be right.  Could be very difficult games without Rondo.  Too bad that Delonte is also injured.  He could have helped us in Rondo's absence. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

With Nate as the starting PG the Celtics only lost once. Why make a change when the loss to Orlando was Boston's first loss with Nate as the starting PG. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i'm w/ biasLewis. give bradley some more minutes these next several games, hopefully resulting in his becoming more confident and comfortable. rondo's gonna be out a while longer; the team usually stumbles this time of year anyway. anything that can be done to increase the value of our existing pieces needs to be done. play him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gtown07. Show gtown07's posts

In Response to Re: PG problems vs Indiana & Detroit:
    With Nate as the starting PG the Celtics only lost once. Why make a change when the loss to Orlando was Boston's first loss with Nate as the starting PG. 
    Posted by P34

You are kidding right?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

The chances of Bradley starting at pg or any other position this season and especially tomorrow are slim to none.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

RA has been overworked since he first showed up in Boston.  He's Doc's #1 fill the holes in the lineup option.  We definitely need  Rondo & D West back so Nate can go back to the shooting guard role he plays best in.
    Hope we don't have many cases of tired leg syndrome come May and June.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Doc probably doesn't trust Bradley to run the offensive sets right now but Doc is also letting everyone know he doesn't trust Nate to run the offense either by having PP play Point Forward.

I'm not overreacting to one bad game by Nate. I'm just concerned that without Rondo and West we're relying on 2 shooting guards to run the team. When Nate is on we're ok but when he's not we may have to turn to more Bradley or Daniels. Someone that's not looking for their shot but looking to set up others.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I think we'll be ok against Indiana and Detroit if we play as a team.  I think Nate will play better because Nate HAS played better while Rondo has been out.  Nate has done a great job considering he is a shooting guard.  It's not an easy task to be thrown in as the starting PG when you have been a 2 guard your entire career.

If Nate continues to work and everyone else plays alot better than in the Magic game, I think we'll be ok until Rondo returns.

The Celtics shot 34% from the field agaisnt the Magic and that isn't Nate's fault.  We, THE CELTICS, will play better and will be ok for Indiana and Detroit.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I'm with P34 - you don't change from Nate because we lost one game out of all the games he's started.  He and Ray were 5 for 28.  That's not going to happen often.  You don't change your starter because you lost one game when your guards were cold.  There were other factors (Shaq fouls out, Erdin has the Flu, Pierce off, etc).  You don't change due to one loss in the middle of the season. 

If there's a trend, then Doc should react.  For one game, consider it a concern but NOT a trend.  Stay with Nate and let's see what happens.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Bradley should get more mins to use his defense on Bynum, Collison and ford for sure. But those guys are all 5'10"-6' and Nate is in no way a liability vs. them.

Starting Bradley is foolish and I can't see how the idea even enters the equasion. Just give him 12-16 mins instead of 4-6 mins. These are also the type of games, even tho we need to win them, that showcasing bradley for a possible Feb trade wouldn't hurt.

'Quis should get a lot of time on the 6'5" Stuckey

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I'm only concerned about Nate against scoring PGs...such as Nelson. Bynum, Stuckey and Collison. Ford has a lot of quickness.

When Nate is off what does Doc do?? Nate isn't a guy who can turn to some other phase of his game to get him going.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Pistons will likely throw these mins at us

PG - Stuckey 32, Bynum 16
    SG - Rip 26, Gordon 22
    SF - Prince 28, McGrady 12, Daye 8

Play Nate on Bynum, the other matchup w/ Stuckey does favor him, but him and Bynum are equal players IMO... that prob means Nate only plays 16 mins on Bynum and then maybe 8 mins on Ben Gordon... do not have him play Stuckey.. so a reduced role for Nate than the HUGE mins he'd been getting in Rondo's place

Quis needs a huge game... like 24 mins on Stuckey... then Ray can get him for the extra 8 mins

Ray can play his remaining 26 mins all on Rip, the always fun matchup between top 5 UConn all-americans, Ray the slightly better talent but Rip got the championship/final 4 MVP.

Wafer will be needed for like 12 mins on McGrady. He knows TMac from their days on Houston together, I'd rather see Wafer and 'Quis for extra mins vs. Stuckey/McGrady than see Nate playing 36-40 mins w/ more than half of them on Stuckey or Ben Gordon, bad idea.

That gives Avery about 16 mins to hound and bother the 6'2" Gordon. While Pierce, 'Quis or both are on the floor to help with ballhandling. Perfect role for him.

Pierce will play the 36 mins against Daye and Prince. Although it might be fun to see KG go at the 6'11" Daye, who has a KG circa 1996 body.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Vs. Indy I have little issue w/ Nate getting himself 36-40 mins vs. Ford and Collison b/c Nate is almost as quick as them and they are not more than 3" taller than him.

We just beat Indy 8-9 days ago with Nate playing 43 mins, getting 18 points and being a +19 on the court.

with JON hopefully ready to chip in maybe we can see some KG @ SF in games when teams give players like Dunleavy and Posey big mins @ SF. I'm sure KG can handle them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Oh you know I would ENJOY seeing KG @ SF. Been screaming for it for almost a year now. He can defend outside the lane. He can post up, handles the ball well, is an excellent passer and he can score facing the basket.

Maybe one day I'll get my wish.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Well the KG who dragged his knee around from Feb of '09 to June of '10 couldn't play SF... but against Prince/Daye, Posey/Dunleavy and Danilo Gallinari types the healthier KG certainly can play SF

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

We should be able to beat these two teams without Rondo.  Not a guaranteed win but certainly a logical outcome.  Nate will come out looking to make up for the Magic game and torch them.  He is don't forget a very gifted scorer.  Saturday's game was an exception to the rule. The guy  has scored fifty before.

In addition Nate is a very good  teammate something not everyone  one thought was the case after the trade last year.  He is a good guy to have and DA made a good move getting him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: PG problems vs Indiana & Detroit:
    We should be able to beat these two teams without Rondo.  Not a guaranteed win but certainly a logical outcome.  Nate will come out looking to make up for the Magic game and torch them.  He is don't forget a very gifted scorer.  Saturday's game was an exception to the rule. The guy  has scored fifty before. In addition Nate is a very good  teammate something not everyone  one thought was the case after the trade last year.  He is a good guy to have and DA made a good move getting him.
    Posted by concord27

I believe nate also took credit for our loss at Orlando via twitter,

Sections
Shortcuts