PG, Shooter, and Big Man

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: PG, Shooter, and Big Man

I think they can get by with Bradley, Terry and Barbosa sharing the point. they are desperate for a big man. They also are desperate for a scorer.  I don't think it has to be a "shooter" someone that can score on the block is fine too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Big man and shooter. We need better rebounding and scoring. We don't need a traditional PG.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

BIG & SHOOTER (REDDICK) 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Lee's ball-handling skills are PG level. I won't mind if it's Lee and Redick instead of Lee and Bradley starting.

Agree

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Big man and shooter. We need better rebounding and scoring. We don't need a traditional PG.

I agree. Heck if we need trade Terry and Lee, Bass of course, who can bring the ball up the court, even old & slow PP can play guard if needed.

Look at the hated Lakers in the last 2 years since we lost game 7. They made the playoffs w/o a good PG. The only real scorer who could play PG, SG and PF was Kobe !!! But because Bynum & Gasol could put in rebounds, dunk or otherwise, they'd usually be +10 in rebs & this gave their mediocre shooters, including Kobe who shot too much but he is better than anyone else, 2nd chances. Personally, if Howard does not get hurt and now with Steve Nash a shooter too, I believe the Lakers will make the playoffs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I don't believe there is anyway Doc give up Bradley's defense for Redick. It would be Lee before AB.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I don't believe there is anyway Doc give up Bradley's defense for Redick. It would be Lee before AB.

No way Lee is as valuable as Bradley.  Redick is a good three point shooter but does not have much else.  The Celtics go to war with Bradley and Lee may be another guy to do it with. Redick is not going to make the Celtics a winner right now. Verdict: if Redick is on sale go for him.  If not pass.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

No way Lee is as valuable as Bradley.  Redick is a good three point shooter but does not have much else.  The Celtics go to war with Bradley and Lee may be another guy to do it with. Redick is not going to make the Celtics a winner right now. Verdict: if Redick is on sale go for him.  If not pass.

Yes...Bradley and Lee are a tough combo to beat..Against the Miami's we must control Wade and Lebrons to a point...At this point, lets find a less expensive shooter...Lee can guard to bigger 2's and some sf's...and might give some linmited  fits to lebrains and Kobes..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

yup....the consensus is big and shooter...I agree

PG by committee

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

* and of those the big is most important.  When I say big I mean a bona-fide five.  An NBA center who can rebound and move his feet.  Doesn't have to be Moses Malone, just someone competent inside a seven foot frame.  There are always shooters available.  We could aquire a shooter from the D league if we really needed to fill that spot.  Get the big and get him for a couple of years.  That way when Rondo comes back we have a front court.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

Good Big Men are very hard to get.  Very few of them are on the market right now.  The Celts would have to let Pierce go to get a very good big man.

The ones on the market come with bagage.  The Sacramento kid, Greg Oden the gamble of the century, Pau unhappy Gasol,Josh tweener 3-4 Smith,...Gortat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Your future core is rondo a PG, AB at SG, Sullinger at PF, and that is it.  You need a 5 and a 3.  Trade bass, lee, terry, PP, KG, and anyone not in the 3 above.  I trade PP, KG, and the others for a 5, 3, expiring contracts and/or number 1 picks.

Sections
Shortcuts