Phil Jackson..... pssst

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Phil Jackson..... pssst

This arrogant bastard really chaps my a$$. He's all over L.A. when they are in the market for a new coach. Yet, has any word, picture, or anything for that matter come out about him eager to tackle Brooklyn? I haven't heard anything..... in fact, rumor has it he's saying he may never coach again.

It would seem like unless a championship caliber/star studded team is dropped in his lap, he wants nothing to do with it. How cowardly!!! This guy is a weak coach in my mind, for the mere fact that he wants all the tough times over with before he even steps up to the plate. He's all show!

Brooklyn is said to be interested in him. I'm thinking..... actually wondering.... if DH does go to Brooklyn, along with Gasol (possibly). Would D. Howard, D. Williams, J. Johnson, and possibly another name, be enough to court his royalty? ..... what a pompus #%$&@*(&$%!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: Phil Jackson..... pssst

He never was that good..mercenary

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Cant recall Phil ever building a team and winning one of those titles... but heck, I cant blame him. His legacy is about as good as it gets..  IF he takes on a team like Brooklyn and struggles... people be coming out of the woodwork screaming ITOLDYASO!!!!

However, if he took Brooklyn and made champs of them, then not much to question hes the greatest coach in nba history alongside Red.  Since hes never done such a thing in the past, Im sure he sees the risk/reward too heavily weighted on the risk side

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

he WAS a good coach.......WAS!!

time is not kind to any of us.....Jackson's time has come and gone.

The ONLY job I could see him really thinking about is the Knicks and only then if the money was CRAZY!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Cant recall Phil ever building a team and winning one of those titles... but heck, I cant blame him. His legacy is about as good as it gets..  IF he takes on a team like Brooklyn and struggles... people be coming out of the woodwork screaming ITOLDYASO!!!!

However, if he took Brooklyn and made champs of them, then not much to question hes the greatest coach in nba history alongside Red.  Since hes never done such a thing in the past, Im sure he sees the risk/reward too heavily weighted on the risk side

Good post Karllost. Though I do blame him. It's cowardness. Plain and simple. To me it shows he's a one dimensional coach with major limitations. Jordan made him. Kobe and Shaq made him. Let's see what he can do without having 1 or 2 of the top 10/15 players of all time (arguably). He won't coach a team without 1 of those type players, cause he's a coward.

Red built his legacy. Jackson was handed his with a bow on top. To hear those 2 names mentioned in the same sentence makes me wanna gag.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

Good post Karllost. Though I do blame him. It's cowardness. Plain and simple. To me it shows he's a one dimensional coach with major limitations. Jordan made him. Kobe and Shaq made him. Let's see what he can do without having 1 or 2 of the top 10/15 players of all time (arguably). He won't coach a team without 1 of those type players, cause he's a coward.

Red built his legacy. Jackson was handed his with a bow on top. To hear those 2 names mentioned in the same sentence makes me wanna gag.

You could also make the case that Russell and the 20 Hall of Famers that played for him made Red

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to dirty52's comment:

You could also make the case that Russell and the 20 Hall of Famers that played for him made Red

I'ld have to disagree with that for the mere fact that Red was with his guys from start to finish. Or at least from the start...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

One could also say very few of those 20 would be in the HOF without Russell.

One could also say that before Russell, the Celtics were still a playoff-calibur team, he just made them elite.

One might also say Red drafted and coached Russell while Phil inherited MJ and kobe, and was never consulted by either the Bulls or lakers on personnel moves.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

So should Phil have turned down the job with the Bulls when he was offered the promotion to head coach?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

One could also say that before Russell, the Celtics were still a playoff-calibur team, he just made them elite.

One might also say Red drafted and coached Russell while Phil inherited MJ and kobe, and was never consulted by either the Bulls or lakers on personnel moves.

It was two different era's and you cannot really compare the two

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Can't stand Jackson.  Read his book years ago, what an arrogant jerk.  We'll never know if he was a good coach, he would only coach teams that we're loaded with the top talents.  The best one can say about him is that he didn't lose with the best teams.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

So should Phil have turned down the job with the Bulls when he was offered the promotion to head coach?

......... you're being ridiculous now. Just nevermind.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

It was two different era's and you cannot really compare the two

Why not? People are already doing/done it. "Era" has nothing to do with who's the better coach. Red has proven that he could do so much more then Jackson. Like bringing up and developing talent. That's the thing that speaks of a true coach in my eyes. Not a finished product (minus a player or 2) being handed over to you. I'm not saying Phil sucked as a coach. I said he's weak and shouldn't be considered in Red's league. I'm just stating my overall dislike for his arrogance and the fact that he's affraid to step up to the plate and do a real coaching job. He's good at managing egos, and he's developed/created an effective offense. That's all he's done.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Phil has a great legacy however you wanna slice it.  A coach isnt going to win this many titles and not receive alot of credit as being outstanding. Has Phil displayed all the characteristics of being a great coach?? No

He didnt build or assemble his great teams...  lets be honest, he didnt do it the old fashioned way like Red did.. For that reason alone, Red still stands on top of the mountain.

Should Phil take on Brooklyn or some other middle of the road team and flip them over to real contenders for a period of years ..then he'd get some serious props

Look at Parcells.. leading the Giants to their first SB championship... then leading the Jets to the AFC title game, then the Pats , then the Cowboys... the man proved beyond any shadow of a doubt he was a great coach... Phil may be just as great only he hasnt proved it.. thats why Phil will always being lighting Red's cigar and sweeping up its ashes as they drop

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Definitely agree that Phil Jackson had talented teams that could have won championships no matter who coached the team.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

Phil has a great legacy however you wanna slice it.  A coach isnt going to win this many titles and not receive alot of credit as being outstanding. Has Phil displayed all the characteristics of being a great coach?? No

He didnt build or assemble his great teams...  lets be honest, he didnt do it the old fashioned way like Red did.. For that reason alone, Red still stands on top of the mountain.

Should Phil take on Brooklyn or some other middle of the road team and flip them over to real contenders for a period of years ..then he'd get some serious props

Look at Parcells.. leading the Giants to their first SB championship... then leading the Jets to the AFC title game, then the Pats , then the Cowboys... the man proved beyond any shadow of a doubt he was a great coach... Phil may be just as great only he hasnt proved it.. thats why Phil will always being lighting Red's cigar and sweeping up its ashes as they drop

Lets be honest here . teams now are built more thru free agency signings and trades

And back in the 50's and 60's there was 21 draft rounds compared  to 1989 when they changed it to two rounds.

When Phil took over the Bull's no one knew they were going to win 6 championships. same with the Lakers they had been underachieving in the 5 years under Del Harris

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

And here is a interview with Red on Phil Jackson

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2088260

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Good article - just says what we have all been saying  - two great coaches - some think Red is better (ME), some think Phil.

Difference - I don't think Phil could have coached Russell, but  I do think Red could coach MJ.

Just my opinion!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I think it was a time when coaches had more control.  Red did tell everyone way back there was one set of rules for Russ and another set for everyone else. He was ahead of his time with star treatment.

Sections
Shortcuts