Phil Jackson Talking Conspiracy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Phil Jackson Talking Conspiracy?

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5913221

Phil never complained when they were 8-0. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

Re: Phil Jackson Talking Conspiracy?

In Response to Re: Phil Jackson Talking Conspiracy?:
    [QUOTE]What is most amusing is that the Celtics as a team has to suffer this kind of abuse without calls in nearly every game.  This has been the case for three years and now in the fourth.  Over-the-back calls against Boston opponents are nearly impossible to get.  Davis and Pierce alone could get to the line 3 or 4 more times a game each if the refs were straight. Poor Phil - his soft-in-the-front team is being pushed around..... again.  Another case of pots and kettles.  
    Posted by painter[/QUOTE]

You took the words right out of my mouth.

I love all the comments in the bottom of the espn article. one guy put that top 3 whiners in the league are doc rivers, kg, and paul pierce. we all know pierce can be a primadonna sometimes but i haven't heard kg and doc complain at all this year. those laker fans can finally know what its like to not get any calls. waaaah we are the champions waaaaah. i hope jackson gets fined 100,000 for this blatent disrespect...... Sealed

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Jabbar is a jealous POS racist. He should have dominated the NBA championships in his heyday but couldnt get it done. One year in Mil, with Oscar, was it until the Lakers & Magic came along.  Cowens always outplayed him even though he was 4 feet shorter.

Worse day of my basketball life was when the Lakers finally beat the Celts and Jabbar was on the team. Watching that DB celebrate made me sick. Yea, hes one of the all timers but that doesnt mean I gotta root for him. As good as he was, he was never THE MAN on his championship teams except once. How many years did he play??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

The NBA is fake. I wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to keep the Lakers from winning it again this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I'm betting the NBA wants a c's/lakers final so they can play up the shaq vs kobe angle and give it to shaq.  Plus it's our "turn."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Why wouldn't Stern want a Celtics/lakers final every year?

While I understand wanting the lakers in the Finals every year for the $$,  Stern has continually screwed the Celtics over any chance he gets.  Note how easily other teams get trade exceptions and "injury" exemptions (the one for Haslem really burns me since he's not out for the year!!)  Any one remember Vin Baker?  NO injury exemption for us.  Reggie Lewis DIED, for God's sake, and we got no salary cap relief.  No, I don't think Darth Vader Stern cares about the Celtics.  If anything, he wants the Heat and lakers in the Finals - just like last year he wanted Cavs and lakers.
    So, the conspiracy may be real, but it is a real nightmare for us.  I think Red and Stern butted heads a lot and he still holds a grudge....nice guy that he is.  And if Carmelo goes to the Knicks, after Denver saying NO for months - THAT will be a real conspiracy.  I think he is behind that, I think he knew MeBron was going to Miami......and I think he talked MJ into taking a year off amid gambling allegations. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]Why wouldn't Stern want a Celtics/lakers final every year? While I understand wanting the lakers in the Finals every year for the $$,  Stern has continually screwed the Celtics over any chance he gets.  Note how easily other teams get trade exceptions and "injury" exemptions (the one for Haslem really burns me since he's not out for the year!!)  Any one remember Vin Baker?  NO injury exemption for us.  Reggie Lewis DIED, for God's sake, and we got no salary cap relief.  No, I don't think Darth Vader Stern cares about the Celtics.  If anything, he wants the Heat and lakers in the Finals - just like last year he wanted Cavs and lakers. So, the conspiracy may be real, but it is a real nightmare for us.  I think Red and Stern butted heads a lot and he still holds a grudge....nice guy that he is.  And if Carmelo goes to the Knicks, after Denver saying NO for months - THAT will be a real conspiracy.  I think he is behind that, I think he knew MeBron was going to Miami......and I think he talked MJ into taking a year off amid gambling allegations. 
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    Wow. So after months of taking the high road and dismissing Celtic fans that claimed conspiracy you've finally succumbed and joined their ranks, hedley? Say it ain't so.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phil Jackson Talking Conspiracy? : Wow. So after months of taking the high road and dismissing Celtic fans that claimed conspiracy you've finally succumbed and joined their ranks, hedley? Say it ain't so.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  If there was a conspiracy why would it be against the Lakers and or the Celtics?  It makes no sense.  Now if I were a Timberwolves fan...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I think there is a difference between saying a championship where it takes four games to win is "tainted", than saying what Stern has already publically stated.  When asked his ideal finals, Stern replied "lakers vs lakers."

The NBA is a business, and, like any business, the people in charge want to maximize their profits. 

Also, WANTING the lakers to win is a far cry from fixing the games, don't you think, Flobus?  I don't claim conspiracy theory at all.  I said Stern wants the lakers and Heat in the Finals because that will make him the most money.  He can't MAKE that happen, as we saw last year.   Lastly, I said that IF Melo is allowed to go to the Knicks (a team Stern says "needs" to do well financially, and a team from which Denver wants no players), then I will begin to smell a rat!

And, he didn't get along with Red, and has screwed us over at least twice (some will say the Tim Duncan lottery balls were fixed against us - not buying that either). I also noted how cleverly you avoided the very title of this thread.

Phil's Rudy T comments were low class and uncalled for, and something he cannot possibly substantiate, but we're talking Phil here!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Not avoiding anything. Just didn't have anything to say about it. Phil thinks Pau is getting unfairly treated and spoke up. Seems reasonable to me. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Phil should again be fined for trying to manipulate the officials.  Wonder how Bynum will do tonight of who Phil will pin the blame on the next time they lose!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Guys why can't u be fair and balance? Just a few weeks ago you were telling fans here about "tainted championship"  It's all about the phantom calls the celtics got in the 4th quaters...    the reason they lost. Now that the other guy was complaining about the fabricated calls, you completely turn 360 degrees.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

It is called irony and not nearly as big an issue with Gasol now as it was with us in June

DUH

When the Celts take a 13 point lead in a Finals game 7 and watch it get taken away by refs who let LA go over the back, call non contact fouls on us vs. Kobe and refuse to call obvious fouls hacking KG's arm, Ray's wrist, etc. It is a black eye on the game.

When they let New Jerset Nets players beat up Gasol for 3-4 plays in a December regular season game that LA won anyhow... it is pathetic crying by the defending champs who benefited from more bad officated than any franchise EVER.

Che doesn't get this?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phil Jackson Talking Conspiracy? : It is called irony and not nearly as big an issue with Gasol now as it was with us in June DUH When the Celts take a 13 point lead in a Finals game 7 and watch it get taken away by refs who let LA go over the back, call non contact fouls on us vs. Kobe and refuse to call obvious fouls hacking KG's arm, Ray's wrist, etc. It is a black eye on the game. When they let New Jerset Nets players beat up Gasol for 3-4 plays in a December regular season game that LA one anyone... it is pathetic crying by the defending champs who benefited from more bad officated than any franchise EVER. Che doesn't get this?
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Exactly right!!

Lakers get the benefit of the NBA's need to have a big market team do well. The most "helped along" franchise in the NBA. Gifted NBA titles in 2002 & 2010 by crooked refs, on orders from the NBA brass.

Phil has a good track record of complaining about refs, not getting fined and getting the results he hoped for.... a change in the reffing to his teams advantage. So, why wouldnt he complain??

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

If I had to guess which teams the nba wanted to do well, I would have to say:

NY - biggest market and been bad for so long

Dallas - reward the team for investing in the kind of stadium they would like to see everywhere

I don't think the nba really likes the superstars taking pay cuts to combine and win a championship.  My guess is lebron/wade won't be getting the superstar calls that they are used to when on individual teams.

Phil manipulates officials, but no more than doc.  Doc ususally confines it to the court though.  All coaches do this I think.  I think the consensus is that doc is one of the worst, esp to newer officials he thinks he can intimidate.

I don't think the C's have been getting hosed as regularly as they did last year.  I suspect that after all the talk about game 7, they probably are trying to cool it.  The only game I could really blame on the refs is that dallas game.  I've seen some other teams getting hosed though for sure.  Anthony got EVERY call last night vs orlando.  That was a horribly officiated game all the way around.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I guess, it boils down to:
    It's ok for you to complain and do your own conspiracy theory but
    if the other side complains & does their own theory, it's not valid ?

It's one way street. there is no difference complaining during championship games vs season games...complain is complain.

It's not Che doesn't get, but Che is not stupid not to understand there are zhyte going on in NBA. This is not a conspiracy theory.
    It's all about how NBA distributes the profit. He needs to manage it, we dont have anything to say. There is no judge or court use to settle a bad calls for NBA.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]I guess, it boils down to: It's ok for you to complain and do your own conspiracy theory but if the other side complains & does their own theory, it's not valid ? It's one way street. there is no difference complaining during championship games vs season games...complain is complain. It's not Che doesn't get, but Che is not stupid not to understand there are zhyte going on in NBA. This is not a conspiracy theory. It's all about how NBA distributes the profit. He needs to manage it, we dont have anything to say. There is no judge or court use to settle a bad calls for NBA.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Bad calls have been part of the NBA since it started. The NBA is not "clean", it's either you accept it or don't watch the NBA. And don't tell us that the Celtics is not part of the NBA.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Not avoiding anything. Just didn't have anything to say about it. Phil thinks Pau is getting unfairly treated and spoke up. Seems reasonable to me. 

Thats a load of crap.  Phil whines about officiating all the time when he gets more calls than anyone to begin with.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phil Jackson Talking Conspiracy? : Thats a load of crap.  Phil whines about officiating all the time when he gets more calls than anyone to begin with.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

I feel like Phil complains sometimes just to perpetuate the myth that calls ever go against the Lakers. They get a lot of calls, not all of them. They get a lot more than most teams.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phil Jackson Talking Conspiracy? : Thats a load of crap.  Phil whines about officiating all the time when he gets more calls than anyone to begin with.
    Its all about perspective. Many Celtics fans think the Lakers get the calls that many Lakers fans think the Celtics get. 

Fault Phil all you want, but Doc is no saint.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phil Jackson Talking Conspiracy? : Its all about perspective. Many Celtics fans think the Lakers get the calls that many Lakers fans think the Celtics get.  Fault Phil all you want, but Doc is no saint.

When is the last time you heard Doc whining to the media?  Phil does it all the time.  I have heard it 3 times already this year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I'm not agreeing with any of this, but I am going to say that NBA officiating is especially poor, with little in the way of accountability.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if anything Tim Donaghy said was correct - the thing to remember is that his sentence isn't helped in the slightest by his claims.  The NBA just did a better job at ruining his image and controlling the feedback around him than the MLB did with Jose Canseco, another eccentric whistleblower who wasn't believed at first.

I'm not saying any of this explicitly favored the Celtics or the Lakers - I don't know if the betting leaned in one particular direction - but I can say that NBA refereeing is poor and they missed a hack on Garnett's arm by Lamar Odom with 3-4 minutes left to play in a 4-point loss.  The AND-1 would have made it a one-score game at the end, which changes everything.  And I did think the contact fouls on the Celtics were iffy at best, culminating in a dubious blocking foul called by a stationary Paul Pierce who got trucked by Pau Gasol, who put his shoulder down and drove into Pierce - Pierce's feet were planted and he absolutely beat Gasol to the spot.  At that point, the Celtics were in the penalty and the Lakers got two foul shots instead of losing possession.  Again, in a 4-point loss, this is a BIG deal.  A 1- or 2-point game is much different than a 4-point game.

Look - I know that the Celtics have no late-game offense with the shooting-disinclined Rondo running the show, but the refs totally changed the way they called the game ONLY ON THE CELTICS in the 4th quarter, after letting a free-for-all ensue under the basket on every possession and allowing hand-to-hand combat on the perimeter.

I wouldn't doubt that Phil Jackson was right about Pau getting unusually roughed up, although I think this is partially an excuse for the fact that he's overplaying Gasol and Bynum can't keep his knees in one piece long enough to help share some of the load.  Similarly, the Lakers couldn't get another center to help take some of the punishment.

It's not the idea that they're not calling the game correctly - I'm pretty sure this is true in most NBA arenas on most nights.  I just find it annoying that Phil Jackson complains about this so frequently and then gets the changes he requests because the Lakers have more political clout in the league.

And yes, Pierce complains quite a bit and no longer receives sympathy calls for his flails in the lane now that he has a supporting cast, but Garnett only gets techinicals in return for any of his efforts at communicating with referees and Doc's lobbying ON THE COURT isn't any worse than every other coach in the NBA - you have to lobby and schmooze or else you're at a disadvantage to everyone else who is lobbying ON THE COURT for calls.  But taking it to the press conference every time is kinda a b*tch move, like the kid who tattles when everyone else is playing street rules.

So yes, NBA refereeing s*cks, but I don't think Phil Jackson has a right to complain to the media about it every time things don't go his way.  Doc and Pierce might complain ON THE COURT, but they leave it there.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from potging. Show potging's posts

phil is sick...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

Phil is and will always be the biggest baby in sports

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

did phil get fined for this at all?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phil Jackson Talking Conspiracy? : When is the last time you heard Doc whining to the media?  Phil does it all the time.  I have heard it 3 times already this year.
    He whined to the media that the Celtics would have won game 7 if Perkins wasn't hurt, for starters.

They all do it.

Sections
Shortcuts