Phil Jackson Talking Conspiracy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Re: Phil Jackson Talking Conspiracy?

In Response to Re: Phil Jackson Talking Conspiracy?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phil Jackson Talking Conspiracy? : He whined to the media that the Celtics would have won game 7 if Perkins wasn't hurt, for starters. They all do it.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget[/QUOTE]

Umm...that's not whining.  Did you manage to catch the rest of his comments after the finals?  You know, like, "...I tip my hat to the LA Lakers.  They wanted it more than us down the stretch."  That's verbatim. 

How'd Phil handle it?  Without class, as usual. Even your own LA boards were full of people's posts who noted that Perkins WAS the difference in that game.  You know the game, Flobus; missing Perk cost the Cs the series in LA last year.

That's not a conspiracy, and it's not whining.  A conspiracy would be someone stating that Jackson had his players take shots at Perk' knee when he realized Perkins' D was much better than LA's post offense.  That is a conspiracy theory.  Stating that a team lost a game because of the absence of one player, while risky, is not a conspiracy theory.

Sorry.  Just had to get that out there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phil Jackson Talking Conspiracy? : He whined to the media that the Celtics would have won game 7 if Perkins wasn't hurt, for starters. They all do it.

Your reaching now.  I believe he said the Big Three still haven't lost.  If your trying to compare Phil to Doc in the whining department you have lost all credibility with me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Besides I thought we were talking about whining about offiiciating.  Change the subject to fit your needs?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phil Jackson Talking Conspiracy? : Umm...that's not whining.  Did you manage to catch the rest of his comments after the finals?  You know, like, "...I tip my hat to the LA Lakers.  They wanted it more than us down the stretch."  That's verbatim.  How'd Phil handle it?  Without class, as usual. Even your own LA boards were full of people's posts who noted that Perkins WAS the difference in that game.  You know the game, Flobus; missing Perk cost the Cs the series in LA last year. That's not a conspiracy, and it's not whining.  A conspiracy would be someone stating that Jackson had his players take shots at Perk' knee when he realized Perkins' D was much better than LA's post offense.  That is a conspiracy theory.  Stating that a team lost a game because of the absence of one player, while risky, is not a conspiracy theory. Sorry.  Just had to get that out there.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]
    Reaching by stating that your "starting five" has not been beaten in the finals sounds like something if not whining. True, Perkins absence made a difference - so did Bynum's injured knee decreasing his effectiveness as the series wore on. What did Phil do after the game 7 victory that you consider "without class"?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phil Jackson Talking Conspiracy? : Besides I thought we were talking about whining about offiiciating.  Change the subject to fit your needs?
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]
    Not changing a thing. Just thought of the first thing that came to mind. If you want to split hairs, then the following link should provide you with plenty of Doc "whining about the officiating."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phil Jackson Talking Conspiracy? : Not changing a thing. Just thought of the first thing that came to mind. If you want to split hairs, then the following link should provide you with plenty of Doc "whining about the officiating." http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/09/nba-finals-lakers-celtics-doc-rivers-complains-about-officiating-dabbles-in-irony/ Again - they all do it. Some just do it more effectively than others.

I bet you had to look hard for that.  I didn't have to look too hard for Phil.  Here is just one from last year.  Tons more but this one is good.

It’s a right of passage each spring, come NBA playoff time: Phil Jackson picks out the best player on an opposing team and singles him out for something he does against the rules.

In round one, it was Kevin Durant.  Round two, Jackson actually decided not to complain about anything — he figured the Jazz couldn’t possibly compete with the Lakers anyway.

Now, Jackson’s decided to www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-suns-20100515,0,401129.story">tackle Steve Nash.  (L.A. Times)

Jackson praised Nash this week for pushing the Suns past San Antonio despite playing with a comically swollen right eye, but he wasn’t as flattering when asked whether it was tough for the Lakers to simulate the perennial All-Star during their practices this week.

“Yeah, because you can’t carry the ball like he does in practice,” Jackson said. “Can’t pick that ball up and run with it.”

Is anybody else sick of Phil Jackson’s mind games?  He’s the only coach in the league who feels the necessity to complain about an opponent before every series, and he never fails to do it in a bush-league way.  He doesn’t just complain, he takes shots at people.  And Phil’s probably picked the wrong target this time around: Nash isn’t going to be phased by Jackson’s comments, and if you think an NBA official is going to call Nash for carrying you are out of your bloodclot mind.

Just shut up, Phil.  Your act is getting old.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phil Jackson Talking Conspiracy? : But if it was Doc Rivers complaining then you say he is a whiner, right?  Faker double standard at it's best.
    Posted by fiorelladad[/QUOTE]
    Call it whatever you like. I was using OneOnOne's definition of whining. Discussion of the officiating within the season or playoffs is gamesmanship in my book. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phil Jackson Talking Conspiracy? : Call it whatever you like. I was using OneOnOne's definition of whining. Discussion of the officiating within the season or playoffs is gamesmanship in my book. 

Trying to get inside a players head BEFORE the series and during the series is gamesmanship.

Saying the reason you lost a game is the officials fault, and not the way your team played is whining.  Doc does it, Van Gundy does it, I do it.................but Phil is the biggest whiner of them all.  Look in the mirror once and a while and blame yourself or your rotations, or your teams shot selection.  Doc does that, too.   So does Van Gundy, and so do I.  Phil's excuse every time they lose has to do with the refs, and it's AFTER the fact.

Therein lies the difference!  HE never loses - he's too arrogant!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Never said that when Shaq played there...Zen Master put the bong down...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]I guess, it boils down to: It's ok for you to complain and do your own conspiracy theory but if the other side complains & does their own theory, it's not valid ? It's one way street. there is no difference complaining during championship games vs season games...complain is complain. It's not Che doesn't get, but Che is not stupid not to understand there are zhyte going on in NBA. This is not a conspiracy theory. It's all about how NBA distributes the profit. He needs to manage it, we dont have anything to say. There is no judge or court use to settle a bad calls for NBA.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

I wasn't saying it was a one way street

I was syaing bad calls in December games you win is a non-issue, cry if you want to, it just makes you look like hypocrite whiny bully

The 4th quarter of a Finals game 7 being called 100% different from quarters 1-3 to give LA a chance to win and blatent contact by LA defenders ignored and non-contact on kobe drawing the whistles is a crime against the game fans should be up in arms about

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phil Jackson Talking Conspiracy? : I wasn't saying it was a one way street I was syaing bad calls in December games you win is a non-issue, cry if you want to, it just makes you look like hypocrite whiny bully The 4th quarter of a Finals game 7 being called 100% different from quarters 1-3 to give LA a chance to win and blatent contact by LA defenders ignored and non-contact on kobe drawing the whistles is a crime against the game fans should be up in arms about
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

I guarantee you if the Lakers and Celtics switched places and what happened to the C's actually happened to the Lakers in the 4th quarter Phil would have WHINED for 1 hour at his press conference and probably would still be whining now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

www.pakalertpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/jess_ventura_conspiracy_theory.jpg" alt="" width="576" height="402" />

Phil: Jess is waiting for you call...wants the Zen Master and the Larma on Season 2...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

The only reason most of you have so much hatred for Phil Jackson is because he has supplanted Red Auerbach as the "greatest all-time" coach in the NBA.

Deal with it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]The only reason most of you have so much hatred for Phil Jackson is because he has supplanted Red Auerbach as the "greatest all-time" coach in the NBA. Deal with it.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

I'm just curious, who's older you or Phil Jackson?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]The only reason most of you have so much hatred for Phil Jackson is because he has supplanted Red Auerbach as the "greatest all-time" coach in the NBA. Deal with it.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Did Phil make shrewd trades to acquire his talent or was he handed already great playoff teams with the best player and another top 12 player in each of his two stops?

Sections
Shortcuts