Phil Pressey Day ? Or is it Peyton Siva Day ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Phil Pressey Day ? Or is it Peyton Siva Day ?

RED ALERT ~!

Today is the day the Celtics must decide if Phil Pressey's contract is guaranteed....

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/234300/Pistons-To-Release-Peyton-Siva" rel="nofollow">http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/234300/Pistons-To-Release-Peyton-Siva

Today we also learn that Peyton Siva was released by Detroit......I loved watching Siva in The Final Four and always thought he had a shot to be good in the NBA....the question was always his size

So what do you say, Phil Pressey or Peyton Siva ?

Both are undersized, but we kinda know what the deal is with Pressey......might it make sense for the Celtics to bring in Peyton Siva as an upgrade over Phil Pressey ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Phil Pressey Day ? Or is it Peyton Siva Day ?

I was just going to start a thread on the same topic.

Can't see either one getting a ton of mins this year, they are about even.  Read the Celtics like Pressey, so I think it'll be the Devil-you-know scenario.

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

I think Pressey stays too.

He's already knows Stevens' system.

And he's only going to be a 3rd string PG.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Not trying to dog Phil Pressey, I know he's a good guy and his dad was a great player, I hope he makes it in the NBA.............I'm just saying.....

SIVA was a player who I thought would be really good, he only got in 26 games in Detroit plus 10 D League games.......just saying, roster spots 12-15 is where you have to keep bringing in guys trying to strike gold, we know what Pressey can do, is he really going to make a huge leap this season ? He might, but nothing he's done suggests that other than a few games in Orlando last week, not trying to run the guy out of town, but Peyton Siva is available today.......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

If I'm Siva, I won't go to the Celtics because they already have Rondo and Smaht.

Siva will just be the 3rd string PG if he signs with the Celts.

I think he can be a backup PG in the NBA.

Other teams might offer him more playing time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If I'm Siva, I won't go to the Celtics because they already have Rondo and Smaht.

Siva will just be the 3rd string PG if he signs with the Celts.

I think he can be a backup PG in the NBA.

Other teams might offer him more playing time.

[/QUOTE]

Unless he believes like many others that Rondo is going to be traded soon.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Pressey, Siva, Stockton, Smith................no one any better than the other.  Pressey knows his role, and will come cheap.  I think he stays.  I would prefer Stockton to any of those........but apparently he doesn't play D.  At least Pressey tries on that end of the floor.

IMO - Pressey stays.

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

please get rid of Pressey.  They can find someone else to fist bump olynk, shoot 30 percent from the floor and fall down a lot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Short better be able to score in the NBA, Pressey scares no one with his shooting.  Tiny was a great Celtic but he could do it all.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to sycophant123's comment:

please get rid of Pressey.  They can find someone else to fist bump olynk, shoot 30 percent from the floor and fall down a lot.

That's what I'm saying !

SIVA is worth pursuing for a minimum wage contract

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm saying !

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Pressey is less money, I believe, and if Siva is not considerably better (and we don't know this), then he will stick as a third point guard.  He was not even drafted, and  a rookie.  I think he can still get better.  Drive, and stop taking so many 3's.  Doesn't matter - if Rondo and Smart are healthy, whoever is the 3rd PG's will have plenty of DNP-CD's or inactives.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1.  Hit the road, Pressey.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

All small PG's aren't like Little Nate, Spud Webb or even Mugsy Bogues! They are guys who have to quick because they are being guarded by guys a foot taller and with arm lengths equaling almost another half a foot in coverage! Pressey, Stockton, Siva or any other small PG is at a distinct disadvantage in the modern day NBA. If Darius Bertrans is healthy I'd rather he gets the roster spot. Unlike sex size really does matter in the NBA.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

[QUOTE]

That's what I'm saying !

[/QUOTE]

Man...I know why you like Kim Krud-ashian so much...you type like her butt looks...HUGE

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Steve Bulpett @SteveBHoop
    Follow
    Barring late trade offer that forces Celts to use Pressey - and nothing's in the works - his contract for next yr will be guaranteed.
    6:10 AM - 16 Jul 2014

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

[QUOTE]

Steve Bulpett @SteveBHoop
    Follow
    Barring late trade offer that forces Celts to use Pressey - and nothing's in the works - his contract for next yr will be guaranteed.
    6:10 AM - 16 Jul 2014

[/QUOTE]

Man...phil pressey on the same NBA team for two years?

He must know where Ainge buried the body.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

His dad is Paul Pressey.

Harder to cut someone with a former NBA player for a dad.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

His dad is Paul Pressey.

Harder to cut someone with a former NBA player for a dad.

[/QUOTE]

I remember his dad well. He was very skilled, although if he was 7 inches shorter like his son, he probably would have stunk as well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

[QUOTE]

I remember his dad well. He was very skilled, although if he was 7 inches shorter like his son, he probably would have stunk as well.

[/QUOTE]

True.

HAHAHA

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhs1950. Show dhs1950's posts

Couldn't shoot in college. Can't shoot in the NBA. Give his roster spot to another young player to take a shot at making the team . On a team that is building for the future; what's to lose.

dhs1950

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Just reading this passionate thread about Pressey and Siva speaks to how bad we are.  Man we have a long way to go.  We stink.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just reading this passionate thread about Pressey and Siva speaks to how bad we are.  Man we have a long way to go.  We stink.

[/QUOTE]

Stink now but smell good in the not so distant future.

I think by 2019 the Celts will smell like fresh doughnuts!

HAHAHA

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

End of the bench guys are as much fun to talk about as all star in my opinion. I would be doing the same thing no matter how good the Celtics were.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Pressey is extended another year.  No Siva but we do have 3 PG on the team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

End of the bench guys are as much fun to talk about as all star in my opinion. I would be doing the same thing no matter how good the Celtics were.

[/QUOTE]

No problem with that at all.  We are a team with little leverage and a non-competitive future.  The Garnett trade and having so many max players put us in this inevitable mode that as was mentioned will take years to change.  It is painful waiting for it to change. As the speculation comes up with nothing 99.5% of the time. 

Sections
Shortcuts