Phil Pressey signed.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Phil Pressey signed.

Gary Washburn: The #celtics have guaranteed the 2014-15 contract of guard Phil Pressey, according to an NBA source Twitter @GwashburnGlobe - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/boston_celtics#sthash.Lyeu5vJ8.dpuf

Good for Phil, he deserves it. Plays extremely hard on the defensive end and showed to be a good playmaker who can run a team.  

I bashed pressey last year saying he didnt belong becuz he was to small and cant shoot, even tho both ended up being true :)  he  showed a lot of heart and proved he belongs in the league.

I have no problem with him being and end of the bench guy who can come in and give you a spark. Many fans forget but pressey started 11 games last year and celtics went 6-5 in those games.  That pretty much sums it up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: Phil Pressey signed.

In response to gman101019's comment:

Gary Washburn: The #celtics have guaranteed the 2014-15 contract of guard Phil Pressey, according to an NBA source Twitter @GwashburnGlobe - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/boston_celtics#sthash.Lyeu5vJ8.dpuf" rel="nofollow">http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/boston_celtics#sthash.Lyeu5vJ8.dpuf

Good for Phil, he deserves it. Plays extremely hard on the defensive end and showed to be a good playmaker who can run a team.  

I bashed pressey last year saying he didnt belong becuz he was to small and cant shoot, even tho both ended up being true :)  he  showed a lot of heart and proved he belongs in the league.

I have no problem with him being and end of the bench guy who can come in and give you a spark. Many fans forget but pressey started 11 games last year and celtics went 6-5 in those games.  That pretty much sums it up.

Majority of the people in this board dislike this guy..I like him. He excels when he does not have the pressure. Hopefully he will improve under the pressure!!  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

SO HOW MUCH MORE WOULD IT BE TO JUST GET JORDAN CRAWFORD BACK ? HE'S UNRESTRICTED , RIGHT ? PAY THE MAN AND UPGRADE FROM PRESSEY

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Pressey is cheap.

It will not hurt the Celts, in anyway, if he remains a Celtic for another year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

great many are happy, just tells me we are TANKING AGAIN

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:

great many are happy, just tells me we are TANKING AGAIN

?? grumpy??  Tanking does not exist. Chances of winning a championship with Love on board would have been ZERO anyways so..chances of winning a championship with melo would have been ZERO too..so..whats to complaint about?? honestly..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

"Oh no, Mr. Bill!" I just hope he gets buried so deeply behind Smart that he never sees the court except maybe in garbage time -maybe. The team's defense goes way downhill when he plays.  Even Isaiah Thomas abused him, let alone average-sized PGs. Phooey.

"They don't put Ws and Ls on the paychecks" - Sidney Wicks

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

As someone said, Pressey isn't important.  He can do the job he's asked to do as well as the next guy, and he knows the system.

We wouldn't bring back Jordan for the same reason we sent him away.  We were winning too many games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

As someone said, Pressey isn't important.  He can do the job he's asked to do as well as the next guy, and he knows the system.

We wouldn't bring back Jordan for the same reason we sent him away.  We were winning too many games.

+1 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Pressey - Siva - Stockton - 3rd string PG's are a dime a dozen.  Clearly we went with the Devil - you-know!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

MSmart called Pressey a "great" PG... as in  "great"  chemistry between those two.

Smart will need mentoring. Blue-collar Pressey is the guy.

Guaranteeing this contract is a no-brainer.

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Can we be honest and just say this is a wasted spot on the roster and whatever he's paid is a giveaway.

barring injury, he should not see the court.

not his fault that he's short, small frame and can't shoot at all, but according to some he is worth every penny .

go figure

Always Right.....at least in my mind

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

He cant though. out of 70 point guards in the NBA he was 67th in PER.

Sections
Shortcuts