phil pressey's potential

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

phil pressey's potential

can he play like dana barros? 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: phil pressey's potential

What we learned in summer league is this kid can play. Like many young PGs coming into the league, he will need to work on his jump shot and improve his decision making skills (limit turnovers).

Key worry - opposing teams running iso plays and posting him up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Its a shame Nolan Smith was injured in the first Q of the the first summer league game.

He has good PG size at 6'3", came from good pedigree at Duke, knows how to win (NCAA Championship team in 2010), averaged 20.6 PPG and was first team All American.  He was injured in 2012 summer league for Portland and never really got a chance to play.

If he can return to the court and play healthy, he may be our PG over Pressey. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Its a shame Nolan Smith was injured in the first Q of the the first summer league game.

He has good PG size at 6'3", came from good pedigree at Duke, knows how to win (NCAA Championship team in 2010), averaged 20.6 PPG and was first team All American.  He was injured in 2012 summer league for Portland and never really got a chance to play.

He reportedly has a slight tear below his calf muscle, an injury unrelated to the Achilles tendon, meaning he'd miss the rest of the summer but possibly be ready to play again with the Celtics at the start of their training camp in October.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

He reportedly has a slight tear below his calf muscle, an injury unrelated to the Achilles tendon, meaning he'd miss the rest of the summer but possibly be ready to play again with the Celtics at the start of their training camp in October.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks.  Should be real interesting to see this team evolve over the summer and past the Feb trade deadline.   I can't see Bass, Crawford, or Bogans adding any value to the team.  But wouldn't be surprised to see Nolan and Pressey on the roster if healthy.    

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks.  Should be real interesting to see this team evolve over the summer and past the Feb trade deadline.   I can't see Bass, Crawford, or Bogans adding any value to the team.  But wouldn't be surprised to see Nolan and Pressey on the roster if healthy.    

[/QUOTE]

Agreed ... those three will be gone sooner or later. Hump may be kept on with his expiring contract unless Danny gets an offer he can't refuse and Wallace is just insurance until we get another SF (draft or trade) then he's gone as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

another PG that could be had is Bobby Brown if we had a roster spot by the time the season starts but he needs to opt out of his euro-contract by 8/15th and no doubt wants an NBA team committment to do so.

Bobby Brown is a 28-year old, lighting quick, 6’1” point guard who can score at will in the international game. The guard out of Cal State-Fullerton demonstrates leadership, and can be a very strong weapon off the bench for a playoff team. While Brown has been the leader of his teams overseas, he transformed his game from being a Louis Williams type of undersized scoring guard, to becoming a true point guard that just so happens to possess excellent scoring ability.

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2013/08/11/deadline-looming-for-euroleague-scoring-champ-bobby-brown/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

another PG that could be had is Bobby Brown if we had a roster spot by the time the season starts but he needs to opt out of his euro-contract by 8/15th and no doubt wants an NBA team committment to do so.

Bobby Brown is a 28-year old, lighting quick, 6’1” point guard who can score at will in the international game. The guard out of Cal State-Fullerton demonstrates leadership, and can be a very strong weapon off the bench for a playoff team. While Brown has been the leader of his teams overseas, he transformed his game from being a Louis Williams type of undersized scoring guard, to becoming a true point guard that just so happens to possess excellent scoring ability.

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2013/08/11/deadline-looming-for-euroleague-scoring-champ-bobby-brown/

Agree with your perspective of Hump and Wallace.  Neither will be on the team 2014-2015 season one way or another.

Thanks for the head-up on Boby Brown. He was never on my radar.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Stop irrationally hating on Bass. He absolutely has something to contribute to an NBA team. He has done excellent in the post season. He's a good role player.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Stop irrationally hating on Bass. He absolutely has something to contribute to an NBA team. He has done excellent in the post season. He's a good role player.

Who's hating on him? We just have no need to keep him now with Sully & Oly ... He'll bring us another good draft pick or another young player.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Agreed.  Bass is not a NBA starter.  He is over paid with a bad multi-year contract, especially for a bench contributor.   But should bring maximum trade value with a contender.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Then Bobby Brown announces he will be playing in China a day after you made this post.

HAHAHA

So What ... All that says is that my post was informative and timely cause no sooner did I bring up the subject than something happened. I knew the negotiation to sign Pek was getting long in the tooth and something had to give. Can't time it any better than that as the parties involved came to the same conclusion. Bobby Brown was someone that nobody was talking about and as soon as I brought it up another decision was made ... can't get much better than that, after all I made no prediction other than to offer up possibilities.

By the way ... Frank Zappa wrote a song entitled Bobby Brown! You should use it for your theme music when you post, being a Fungus and all ... check out the video and lyrics ....

Hey there, people, I'm Bobby Brown
    They say I'm the cutest boy in town
    My car is fast, my teeth is shiney
    I tell all the girls they can kiss my heinie
    Here I am at a famous school
    I'm dressin' sharp 'n' I'm actin' cool
    I got a cheerleader here wants to help with my paper
    Let her do all the work 'n' maybe later I'll **** her

Oh God I am the American dream
    I do not think I'm too extreme
    An' I'm a handsome sunovabeech
    I'm gonna get a good job 'n' be real rich

And my name is Bobby Brown, Watch me now I'm going ****

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

"after all I made no prediction other than to offer up possibilities."

All your possibilities are more like impossibilities.

Remember when you said Josh Boone would make it back to the NBA?

Qyntel Woods would wear green?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ainge will never trade Perkins ... Rivers and Howard will be Celtics .... C's won't make the playoffs ... C's will pick Sergey Karasev ... Rondo will never improve ... etc, etc, etc.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He was ... I still believe Danny wanted Joseph but couldn't provide another roster spot in time. Same thing with Randolph, not enough roster spots after signing Fav. Just because Danny was backed into a corner and had to make decisions doesn't mean he wanted to do that. He could make a 2-4-1 tomorrow and cut some more $ off the team salary while opening a roster spot and resign Randolph if he hasn't signed elsewhere .... you don't know what Danny was thinking when he made the deal including Joseph. Why would he want Joseph in the trade when his $ had no affect on the deal. He was a freebie throw in ... Ainge wanted him so he could cut him a second time? Please ...............

"after all I made no prediction other than to offer up possibilities."

All your possibilities are more like impossibilities.

Remember when you said Josh Boone would make it back to the NBA?

Qyntel Woods would wear green?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ainge will never trade Perkins ... Rivers and Howard will be Celtics .... C's won't make the playoffs ... C's will pick Sergey Karasev ... Rondo will never improve ... etc, etc, etc.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I said those things and I admitted I was wrong.

When was the last time you admitted to being wrong?

Didn't you say Melwitt was just lucky for saying Kris Joseph would be released?

Instead of saying you were wrong about thinking Joseph would stick with the Celts, you had to make a lame excuse like Melwitt was just lucky.

Ugh!

Nobody here is perfect in all their predictions.

But you never got a single one right!

Again, YOU NEVER GOT A SINGLE PREDICTION RIGHT!

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Mployee

For the record, were you wrong in saying Ainge traded for Kris Joseph because Ainge planned to keep Kris Joseph?

Are you man enough to answer that?

Or will you run away and pretend that this question didn't exist?

HAHAHA

Why did he want Joseph?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He was minimum wage rookie ... salary had no bearing on the 3's ... that's why you no nothing about the CBA

Mployee

For the record, were you wrong in saying Ainge traded for Kris Joseph because Ainge planned to keep Kris Joseph?

Are you man enough to answer that?

Or will you run away and pretend that this question didn't exist?

HAHAHA

Why did he want Joseph?

[/QUOTE]

Kris Joseph was only added to make the deal work.

You're totally clueless when it comes to salary cap matters.

That's why you ended up thinking Ainge wanted Joseph.

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]