Phil Takes a Shot at KG

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Phil Takes a Shot at KG

"Otherwise, all this talk about how aggressive he is or how aggressive he isn't falls on deaf ears. He totally gets it. He is who he is. We're not going to make him into (Boston's Kevin) Garnett. He's not going to go around and punch guys in the (groin). He's too nice of a guy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: Phil Takes a Shot at KG

P34, you're reading the Daily Breeze?  That's a dinky little South Bay newspaper.
    You planning a move out to the west coast? LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Well, it is true.  Garnett's an angrier player than Gasol.  It's helped Garnett's game but hurt his image.  As fans of the Celtics, I'm sure you'd rather have him getting 15 and 10 as a somewhat angry and dirty player, than 10 and 6 as a clean "nice guy". 

If Garnett went to LA do you think the Lakers fans would mind that he has anger issues?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I'd be very careful before determining conclusively that KG has a personality disorder.  We are not shrinks!!  Does he beat his wife?  Does he yell at his kids or hit them?  We are talking about a guys attitude on the basketball court.

I MET Dave Cowens.......nicest guy you ever want to meet - would you say, on the court, he had anger issues?  How about Bird?  Or Russell?  Kareem, of course, had "other" issues which made him angry, but it fueled his fire as a player.  Perhaps KG is like a cartoon character, where he only acts this way ON the court.....or perhaps not...but I am not qualified to say he has "anger issues", and neither are any of you!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: Phil Takes a Shot at KG:
    [QUOTE]I'd be very careful before determining conclusively that KG has a personality disorder.  We are not shrinks!!  Does he beat his wife?  Does he yell at his kids or hit them?  We are talking about a guys attitude on the basketball court. I MET Dave Cowens.......nicest guy you ever want to meet - would you say, on the court, he had anger issues?  How about Bird?  Or Russell?  Kareem, of course, had "other" issues which made him angry, but it fueled his fire as a player.  Perhaps KG is like a cartoon character, where he only acts this way ON the court.....or perhaps not...but I am not qualified to say he has "anger issues", and neither are any of you!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    Good post, Hedley.  You clearly expressed what was merely muddly rivulets of thought in my brain.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]P34, you're reading the Daily Breeze?  That's a dinky little South Bay newspaper. You planning a move out to the west coast? LOL
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

Actually I got it from hoopshype.com.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

In Response to Phil Takes a Shot at KG:
    [QUOTE]"Otherwise, all this talk about how aggressive he is or how aggressive he isn't falls on deaf ears. He totally gets it. He is who he is. We're not going to make him into (Boston's Kevin) Garnett. He's not going to go around and punch guys in the (groin). He's too nice of a guy. http://www.dailybreeze.com/sports/ci_17314081
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Hi,
    I guess PJ's getting ready for the Thur game or, maybe it's aimed for a possible finals rematch.
    Also, I venture to guess that it is a concern fo PJ. I mean this match-up, KG vs PG. As we saw in the last game it's completely different from the one in the last year's finals.

AK

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

[QUOTE]I'd be very careful before determining conclusively that KG has a personality disorder.  We are not shrinks!!  Does he beat his wife?  Does he yell at his kids or hit them?  We are talking about a guys attitude on the basketball court. I MET Dave Cowens.......nicest guy you ever want to meet - would you say, on the court, he had anger issues?  How about Bird?  Or Russell?  Kareem, of course, had "other" issues which made him angry, but it fueled his fire as a player.  Perhaps KG is like a cartoon character, where he only acts this way ON the court.....or perhaps not...but I am not qualified to say he has "anger issues", and neither are any of you!!

I never really understand posts like this.  I feel like fans kind of throw speculation out there, and make posts that are always filled with hyperbole, but then someone comes along and targets one certain 'phrase' and breaks in with the 'none of us are qualified to say that' response. 

"Anger issues" is such a broad phrase, which i worded carefully.  I'm not making a diagnosis; I'm not signing him up for therapy, I'm just speculating from what's been observed. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]Well, it is true.  Garnett's an angrier player than Gasol.  It's helped Garnett's game but hurt his image.  As fans of the Celtics, I'm sure you'd rather have him getting 15 and 10 as a somewhat angry and dirty player, than 10 and 6 as a clean "nice guy".  If Garnett went to LA do you think the Lakers fans would mind that he has anger issues?
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

Jofc,

Garnett isfar from a dirty player. I didn't see the groin incident, but player get hit all the time just as Garnett was knocked to the floor the other night. Basketball is not what it in the Bird-Magic days. It's more like tackle football under the basket every night. KG plays hard with lots of passion and it comes out in avery aggressive style of play no different than any other player in the league, but unlike other he wears his emotion on his sleeve. I'll take him this way because that's who he is. Good or bad, it's what makes him the great player he is with the fire and passion.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Well, it is true.  Garnett's an angrier player than Gasol.  It's helped Garnett's game but hurt his image.  As fans of the Celtics, I'm sure you'd rather have him getting 15 and 10 as a somewhat angry and dirty player, than 10 and 6 as a clean "nice guy".  If Garnett went to LA do you think the Lakers fans would mind that he has anger issues?
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

Maybe you need to word more carefully, because it looks an awful lot like you are saying Garnett has anger issues in your post!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Garnett has 7 techs and I was surprised to hear Dwight Howard now has 15.  So Kevin has a long way to go to catch him.  Howard may really have a problem come playoff time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phil Takes a Shot at KG : I never really understand posts like this.  I feel like fans kind of throw speculation out there, and make posts that are always filled with hyperbole, but then someone comes along and targets one certain 'phrase' and breaks in with the 'none of us are qualified to say that' response.  "Anger issues" is such a broad phrase, which i worded carefully.  I'm not making a diagnosis; I'm not signing him up for therapy, I'm just speculating from what's been observed. 
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]
    Agreed. Its never made any sense to me either. There are times speculation seems to acceptable so long as it syncs perfectly with others' personal opinions. The majority of posts on this board could be considered "speculative" and I don't see them all being called out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Phil loves the mind games, just like the Celtic staring five.

Has there ever been a player that plays with the same very high level of passion and effort every night , year in and year out, in NBA history?

Phil tried to get KG to go to LA, but it did not work. Kobe's antics, convinced him to come to Boston.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

lakers fans who post on this site should not be surprised at all by the amount of varying opinions that exist on this topic.  Why, if one of us called koME a ra..st, how would you all react?  Or saying Phil is not as good a coach as Red............or any other OPINIONS that exist on here.  Saying KG has anger issues and needs anger management is an OPINION, and one not shared by me.  And I maintain, since ALL of you say we were not in that Colorado hotel room, so none of us know what really happened,  well, calling a very intense basketball player an angry person is just as irresponsible!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

I'm not surprised by varying opinions, especially on a player like KG.  I just think it's funny that every once in a while, someone pipes in with something like saying we're not qualified to analyze KG. 

There's so much hyperbole on these boards, and so much conjecture, that it's just funny when someone suddenly wants these boards to be without. 

In other words, you're not qualified to tell me what i am, or am not qualified to say. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

That last part was a joke, just in case someone took it seriously.

I know that KG will usually not be considered "dirty" by fans of the team he plays for, and "dirty" by everyone else.  If he were on LA, Laker fans would be content with his inability to control himself at times, and his cheap shots, barking, etc...  We really would be fine with it. 

Personally, he's not dirty enough to offend me, but definitely dirty enough for me to call it as it is.  Just go to youtube and type in KG cheap shot, or KG dirty, and you'll see enough of what he's done. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

But you apparently think you are qualified to tell us what happened in that CO hotel room?

Sorry, I usually like your posts, but your double standards won't work on me!

YOU ARE NOT QUALIFIED TO TELL CELTICS FANS KG HAS ANGER ISSUES......hope that clears it up for you - and don't start with me, ask your buddy Flobus!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Any player worth his salt will have detractors. The higher they rise, the more detractors they have.

I am sure that their are probably U-tube videos on other players doing similar things.

For example:

Kobe's fouls that were not called in the Nugget's play-off series, the year before last. His elbow to the chin of a role player after the role player stole the ball from Kobe. ...or the elbow to the groin of K-mart, as he pretended to fall toward K-mart from six feet away.

...or the time that Davis fouled Howard with his chin, when Howard's elbow knocked Davis out.

...or the time that Scalabrini fouled Nowinski with his chin, when Nowinski's elbow knocked Scal out of the game.

The difference between KG and these players is that KG does not get away with much.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Phill who???

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

[QUOTE]But you apparently think you are qualified to tell us what happened in that CO hotel room? Sorry, I usually like your posts, but your double standards won't work on me! YOU ARE NOT QUALIFIED TO TELL CELTICS FANS KG HAS ANGER ISSUES......hope that clears it up for you - and don't start with me, ask your buddy Flobus!!

No I'm not qualified, but the DA definitely was, and he dropped the case. 

Don't get too worked up over it; I'm not saying the guy needs therapy.  I think you're putting more weight in my comment than was intended.  Hey, I know most people have some kind of anger issues.  I work in customer service so i get to see it all the time.  It doesn't mean they need therapy, it just means that sometimes they don't choose healthy outlets.  I have seen that with KG as well, moreso than other players. 

That's all.  I'm not calling for the 5150 yet.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

yet.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

And hedley, I always like your posts.  Even when you disagree with me I still enjoy reading them.  Don't take me personally please. 

Just like you said about being qualified, none of us on these boards 'really' know each other, just the stuff we put here, which is 99% of the time about basketball.  The few glimpses into your personality have all been positive ones.  I may get antagonistic sometimes, but it's never personal. Except for kyceltic, and that's because he started posting garbage after every.single.post i had on these boards.  it was tiresome.  (hence he is on ignore). 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]and don't start with me, ask your buddy Flobus!!
    What would you like me to tell him? That the logic behind your arguments is often incomprehensible?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]And hedley, I always like your posts.  Even when you disagree with me I still enjoy reading them.  Don't take me personally please.  Just like you said about being qualified, none of us on these boards 'really' know each other, just the stuff we put here, which is 99% of the time about basketball.  The few glimpses into your personality have all been positive ones.  I may get antagonistic sometimes, but it's never personal. Except for kyceltic, and that's because he started posting garbage after every.single.post i had on these boards.  it was tiresome.  (hence he is on ignore). 
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

Yeah, right back at ya.  No problems.  I never mean to cause them, they just happen.  I am very passionate about my team, and come here to vent and hear others vent.  You know I don't like koME or Phil, so any chance I can get...............but, I would never go on a lakers board and knock them...know what I mean?  FANS???  Yes, I have knocked lakers fans on a lakers board, but never the players.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

At least KG earns his money by playing hard....he doesn't have to lay down with the owner's daughter to get a hefty pay raise.