Phil Takes a Shot at KG

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Phil Takes a Shot at KG

In Response to Re: Phil Takes a Shot at KG:
    [QUOTE]At least KG earns his money by playing hard....he doesn't have to lay down with the owner's daughter to get a hefty pay raise.
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

Ouch!

HAHAHA!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

And yet Phil Jackson has 1 more ring than KG as a player, and 11 more as a coach.  I think he's pretty much earning his paycheck. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

[QUOTE]And yet Phil Jackson has 1 more ring than KG as a player, and 11 more as a coach.  I think he's pretty much earning his paycheck. 
    Posted by jofc[/QUOTE]

He tagged along in all of them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

I agree,

He ran out of horses in Chicago, and moved to LA. I forget, did he retire in LA when LA ran out of horses, and then come back when they did?

Could it be that Phil is the master of timing, as opposed to basketball?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Come on guys, you're just looking silly.  Do you really know that little about basketball?  I know you don't like the Lakers, but to call Phil Jackson a tagalong, or to say that he just coached teams that would win anyway, is ignorant.

How many rings did Kobe and Shaq get without PJ? 
    How many did Jordan?
    Pippen?

Name any coach that's ever won without talent. 

Do you honestly think you know more about basketball than Jerry Buss?  Because you're saying that Buss is just throwing his money away on this guy.  How many championship teams have you guys built? 

Of course Doc Rivers is a great coach, he only needs 3 all-stars to get a title. 

Moronic.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

And by the way, PJ coached the 2005-06 Lakers team whose STARTERS included -
    Kwame Brown, Chris Mihm, Brian Cook and Smush Parker.

And yet they still managed to go 45-37 and get into the post-season.  Of course you probably think he's a bad coach for not taking THAT team to the finals.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

[QUOTE]Phill who???
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

Zen Master put the Bong down...how many times do have to be told??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Hmm...

Could the opposite also be true? Could Rick Pitino win with the Jordan Bulls and the Shaq Lakers?   Hmm...

How silly does it get?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

So you're countering what really happened with a hypothetical?  lame.  the bottom line here is that no other coach won with those lineups.  like it or not, and i know it's 'not', it's well known (amongst unbiased people) that phil jackson will go down in history as one of the greatest, if not THE greatest, coach to ever coach in the NBA.

You're just mad cause he's not coaching your team.  imagine how many rings the garnett, pierce, allen tandem would have if phil jackson was coaching them?  doesn't that kill you.  there's your hypothetical right back at ya. it would've been more than the 1 they got now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

[QUOTE]That's why Garnett is going to the HOF and that Euro-fairy isn't. And Phil Jackson has never built an NBA team before. 
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Yeah, PJ just 'fell' into 11 rings.  you're such a detractor, that's all you are.  a one-dimensional wall of noise and nonsense.  honestly, it feels like trying to talk about the Beatles with a 6 year old who doesn't like them.  "they stink!" 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]I'd be very careful before determining conclusively that KG has a personality disorder.  We are not shrinks!!  Does he beat his wife?  Does he yell at his kids or hit them?  We are talking about a guys attitude on the basketball court. I MET Dave Cowens.......nicest guy you ever want to meet - would you say, on the court, he had anger issues?  How about Bird?  Or Russell?  Kareem, of course, had "other" issues which made him angry, but it fueled his fire as a player.  Perhaps KG is like a cartoon character, where he only acts this way ON the court.....or perhaps not...but I am not qualified to say he has "anger issues", and neither are any of you!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    Nicely said. Not condoning some of his junk on the court, but have to keep it seperate from off the court situations.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Good post hedley.  I'm a little different in that i'll knock a player, or give credit to a player, regardless of the team they play on, or what board i'm on.  I just run unfiltered.  I guess that's a little like KG, hahaha.  sometimes it's good, sometimes not.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Phil Takes a Shot at KG : Nicely said. Not condoning some of his junk on the court, but have to keep it seperate from off the court situations.
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]

You're right, the overemotional outbursts that happen in a game are a byproduct of heated competition.  There's a big difference between getting angry while fighting off guys for a rebound, and getting angry and beating your girlfriend. 

the game itself is emotional, so it's expected. 

Sections
Shortcuts