Calm down.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Re: Philly Punches Celtics In Grill!!

Rondo must have been told not to defend or not to get a foul, he has been very weak on defense so far this year.  KG is the heart and soul of this team, period.  Rondo is a above average point only, and they were takling about MVP.  I am not talking about the game tonight only. Darko M looked good and we were competative when he was at center, might be a good find.  Hurry back KG.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I didn't watch the game, but can someone explain to me why the Celtics lost by so many points?  I realize that the pre-season doesn't count, but you still want to play a competitive game.  If this is the best the Celtics can do, we are in for a long season. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

people please....this is the pre-season......the games do not count and Doc and the players realize that...it will be important for the team to be running on all cylinders going into the league opener...these guys are professionals and the "newbees" are hungry.....it's all good folks....

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

it's actually spelled "D o o k i e" (as the folks in Brooklyn would spell it).......

and I agree with several of your observations....I will wait until the season starts before I start judging the talent..other than the rookies, most are proven NBA players....and I love Sully....I still think he is going to be a steal....when was the last time a rookie started in Boston...?

Collins does suck.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Find it hysterical that lakers fans start threads like this one when their team hasn't won a game in pre-season, and have looked bad doing it.

Also find it hysterical that we are all so bent out of shape over a pre-season game.  Let is go, guys, Doc is working on things, and it will all sort itself out.

And, Duke, I think Rondo started as a rookie!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

If the Celtics were undefeated in preseason and winning by an average of 15 points, then the preseason would count.

If the Celtics, while integrating the new players and rookies, were displaying never-seen-before offensive efficiency with Green, Sully, Lee and Terry, then the preseason would count.

If the Celtics were holding opponents to 73 points in the preseason, then the preseason would count.

It would show that they are all getting it and have integrated well in preparation for the season.

The games count because you are able to guage the progress of the players and how they fit individually and within the team concept.  The only thing about these games that doesn't count is the wins and losses.  EVERYTHING ELSE COUNTS!

If the Celtics had lost by 32 but Pierce, Terry, Green, Bass and Rondo each scored double figures with good shooting percentages, then I'd question the defense.  Don't suggest preseason doesn't count when you mean the score of preseason games doesn't count.

Tonight you'll see a different, more aggressive Celtics team, and you better believe that last night's performance will be a huge factor on the effort they give tonight.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to dfurypos' comment:
    [QUOTE]

LMAO Young serving up "Facial City" to Celtic Players!!

[/QUOTE]

You still think Nick Young plays for the Wiz???  Man, are you thick!!  He's on Philly now..........

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Find it hysterical that lakers fans start threads like this one when their team hasn't won a game in pre-season, and have looked bad doing it.

Also find it hysterical that we are all so bent out of shape over a pre-season game.  Let is go, guys, Doc is working on things, and it will all sort itself out.

And, Duke, I think Rondo started as a rookie!!

[/QUOTE]

They probably do it because of threads like this started by your pal

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/celtics/on-the-front-burner/what-a-crappy-team/100/6398186

20. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts