Pictures of Kobe in Green (circa 1996) - What If?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Pictures of Kobe in Green (circa 1996) - What If?

I saw these pictures from another Celtics board.  Looks like Kobe worked out for ML Carr and the Celtics in 1996.  Makes me wonder, what if history was a little different on '96 draft day, and the Celtics chose Kobe at #8 instead of Antoine Walker?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from df5. Show df5's posts

Re: Pictures of Kobe in Green (circa 1996) - What If?

Cause every team needs at least one rapist?

I'm gonna go throw up now. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from murphylo. Show murphylo's posts

Glad it never happened!  I can't stand him, he should be in jail the arrogant punk!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

You are correct..."What If" ???  It's a moot point but I wonder being out of the tinsel town Hollywood environment into the classy Boston atmosphere if he'd been a good boy. Let me say that in the military, one can hate their superior but can still respect him and his ability. I hate the Lakers and Kobe too but I feel he is the best since Michael Jordan...not as good...but who would be better, Wade, Rose, Lebron, Durant etc. I don't think so.

I live in SF and local teams and Golden State hate the Lakers as we do...love hearing in the stands, "Beat LA, Beat LA" as if I were in Boston. Leaving in 3-4 hours for Oracle arena to route for GS vs LA !!!

By ther way I did vote that he and Pierce would have been the best tandem of their generation !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

In response to "Re: Pictures of Kobe in Green (circa 1996) - What If?": [QUOTE]You are correct..."What If" ???  It's a moot point but I wonder being out of the tinsel town Hollywood environment into the classy Boston atmosphere if he'd been a good boy. Let me say that in the military, one can hate their superior but can still respect him and his ability. I hate the Lakers and Kobe too but I feel he is the best since Michael Jordan...not as good...but who would be better, Wade, Rose, Lebron, Durant etc. I don't think so. I live in SF and local teams and Golden State hate the Lakers as we do...love hearing in the stands, "Beat LA, Beat LA" as if I were in Boston. Leaving in 3-4 hours for Oracle arena to route for GS vs LA !!! By ther way I did vote that he and Pierce would have been the best tandem of their generation ! Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE] I know that they say you root for the jersey, but I just cannot see myself rooting for a guy like Kobe. Seriously, what an egotistical punk! Oh well, good thing I'll never have to either. Hopefully I'll be hearing the Beat LA chants at the end of the game tonight on KCAL.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

Kobe is a complete bum and doesn't desahve to weah the green. Boston is a brotherhood and KoMe would never fit in, he's a loser!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

AWESOME PICTURES ! THANKS FOR THIS POST !

OF COURSE THE CELTICS WOULD HAVE WON MULTIPLE CHAMPIONSHIPS WITH KOBE AND PIERCE !!! AT LEAST 4 OR 5 ............

IMAGINE HOW WE'D BE DEBATING TODAY WHETHER RICK PITINO IS THE GREATEST COACH IN BOSTON CELTICS HISTORY !

HAND OF FATE

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

You would all have different opinions about Kobe . The  Kobe you know of today would not exist.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

In Response to Re: Pictures of Kobe in Green (circa 1996) - What If?:
    IMAGINE HOW WE'D BE DEBATING TODAY WHETHER RICK PITINO IS THE GREATEST COACH IN BOSTON CELTICS HISTORY

Really?!  No way they'd win with Pitino as coach.  Kobe and Pierce would be quite a duo, but I think there's no way Pitino has what it takes to win a championship..he was a HORRIBLE coach, and even worse GM.  Let's hope that there's never another Rick Pitino walking through that door. 

On a slightly different topic, it occurred to me that we could've not only had KB and PP, but also Chauncey Billups.  That would've been quite a young trio to build a team around!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pictures of Kobe in Green (circa 1996) - What If? : IMAGINE HOW WE'D BE DEBATING TODAY WHETHER RICK PITINO IS THE GREATEST COACH IN BOSTON CELTICS HISTORY Really?!  No way they'd win with Pitino as coach.  Kobe and Pierce would be quite a duo, but I think there's no way Pitino has what it takes to win a championship..he was a HORRIBLE coach, and even worse GM.  Let's hope that there's never another Rick Pitino walking through that door.  On a slightly different topic, it occurred to me that we could've not only had KB and PP, but also Chauncey Billups.  That would've been quite a young trio to build a team around!
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan[/QUOTE]

Agree with you about Pitino.  He was awful in the NBA and hopefully will never work for another NBA team again.  I don't believe that any intelligent NBA organization would hire Pitino for any position in the NBA.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

YEAH RIGHT , RICK PITINO KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT BASKETBALL OR WINNING...
    Pffft !

PING PONG BALLS FALL THE RIGHT WAY AND RICK PITINO RIDES TIM DUNCAN TO FIVE OR SIX CHAMPIONSHIPS

GROUPTHINK IS FOR IDIOTS

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

In response to "Re: Pictures of Kobe in Green (circa 1996) - What If?": [QUOTE]YEAH RIGHT , RICK PITINO KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT BASKETBALL OR WINNING... Pffft ! PING PONG BALLS FALL THE RIGHT WAY AND RICK PITINO RIDES TIM DUNCAN TO FIVE OR SIX CHAMPIONSHIPS GROUPTHINK IS FOR IDIOTS   Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE] Rick Pitino is a great college coach...no one can deny that. At the pro level though? I think that's why guys like coach K and Dean Smith never ventured into the NBA, cause they know that it's a different beast, one that will eat them alive. Kudos to Pitino for giving it a couple of tries though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Pictures of Kobe in Green (circa 1996) - What If?": Rick Pitino is a great college coach...no one can deny that. At the pro level though? I think that's why guys like coach K and Dean Smith never ventured into the NBA, cause they know that it's a different beast, one that will eat them alive. Kudos to Pitino for giving it a couple of tries though.
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan[/QUOTE]

Pitino fell badly as nba coach,but he made over 100 millions dollars,70 millions from the celtics.Discusting.