Pierce - 30 0-5 for 3pt 5TOs 40 min 13 shots 12 pts Green 17 pts 0 min OT 8 shots 17 pts +9 1 TO

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Pierce - 30 0-5 for 3pt 5TOs 40 min 13 shots 12 pts Green 17 pts 0 min OT 8 shots 17 pts +9 1 TO

I have been saying this and if Doc doesn't do this jhe should fired He and pierce lost this game. He has to either wake up or freaking hit the road. This is ridiculous.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: Pierce - 30 0-5 for 3pt 5TOs 40 min 13 shots 12 pts Green 17 pts 0 min OT 8 shots 17 pts +9 1 TO

Doc coached his worst game I've seen him coach. He set up Paul and the team to fail. On back to back games (he had previously promised to give KG and Paul those games off); instead he plays Paul well beyond his limit. The way Paul was abused on the offensive boards by Josh Smith at the end disgusted me because Josh is bigger and stronger than Paul; even if Paul had boxed him out properly (which he did'nt) Smith could probably go over the top given his size advantage. And, to your point, last night was the perfect night to let the players who were playing well stay in the frikkin game; everybody wins, the Celtics get a much needed W; the bench players get much needed confidence; Paul gets much needed rest.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Pierce - 30 0-5 for 3pt 5TOs 40 min 13 shots 12 pts Green 17 pts 0 min OT 8 shots 17 pts +9 1 TO

That is a one game sample size.  

Per 36 minutes Pierce 20.4 points, 6.2 boards, 4.1 assists

Jeff green 14.5 points 4.9 boards 1.4 assists.

Sorry. Not even close.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

snakeoil, You have to use trend anlaysis (what have you done for me lately); not just season or career averages. Lately, Green has been playing better and last night Green played really good. Lately, Paul has been in a deep rut, and last night he humiliated himself, abbeted (helped) by his stubbornly inept coach (yes coaching too has trends) Doc Rivers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

That is a one game sample size.  

Per 36 minutes Pierce 20.4 points, 6.2 boards, 4.1 assists

Jeff green 14.5 points 4.9 boards 1.4 assists.

Sorry. Not even close.

your analysis not even close..  Using stats alone is a fools game.  I'll point out one thing and leave it at that..

During the course of the game, how often does the offense flow thru PP as compared to JG? Right, PP has many, many more opportunites with the ball to score and assist.. so naturally its not a reach to see his stats would reflect it.... THis sizing up players by comparing their statistics is so boring and worthless in many cases

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to futbal's comment:

Doc coached his worst game I've seen him coach. He set up Paul and the team to fail. On back to back games (he had previously promised to give KG and Paul those games off); instead he plays Paul well beyond his limit. The way Paul was abused on the offensive boards by Josh Smith at the end disgusted me because Josh is bigger and stronger than Paul; even if Paul had boxed him out properly (which he did'nt) Smith could probably go over the top given his size advantage. And, to your point, last night was the perfect night to let the players who were playing well stay in the frikkin game; everybody wins, the Celtics get a much needed W; the bench players get much needed confidence; Paul gets much needed rest.

I couldnt agree more with your post. Right on the money..

Doc has been doing it forever.. a bench player having an outstanding game, helping team im prove its lead etc.. Doc benches never to be see reat of the game. Ive pointed it out so ofter last few seasons.. makes me wonder about Doc

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts