Pierce and KG may both be gone

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Re: Pierce and KG may both be gone

In response to futbal's comment:

Trader Danny gave KG a no-trade clause so what's the point. The question you should be asking is should he move CPP for young talent. Red Aurbach would say no way; he let all his great players retire as Celtics; Danny is no Red but he is a Celtic and I think he's sticking with his aging vets at this juncture.

That does seem to be the case but then DA should never mention again that Red had much better deals on the table for the Big 3 (Detlef Schrempf, etc?) than he has right now because I would think that even a sentimental and possibly senile Aurebach would make the KG deal.

I also don't think KG breaking his 'no trade' is an impossible task. KG is defintely a fiercly loyal dog but his emotions often don't make him see things clearly such as not wanting to leave a declining team in Minny back in '07. However, like any dog that follows you home if one side shows love while the other yells than he's eventually going to break off and follow the love. Just takes a little reasoning by Doc, DA, his agent, and the Clipps but it has to start with Trader Danny.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to wfdog's comment:

In response to futbal's comment:

Trader Danny gave KG a no-trade clause so what's the point. The question you should be asking is should he move CPP for young talent. Red Aurbach would say no way; he let all his great players retire as Celtics; Danny is no Red but he is a Celtic and I think he's sticking with his aging vets at this juncture.

That does seem to be the case but then DA should never mention again that Red had much better deals on the table for the Big 3 (Detlef Schrempf, etc?) than he has right now because I would think that even a sentimental and possibly senile Aurebach would make the KG deal.

I also don't think KG breaking his 'no trade' is an impossible task. KG is defintely a fiercly loyal dog but his emotions often don't make him see things clearly such as not wanting to leave a declining team in Minny back in '07. However, like any dog that follows you home if one side shows love while the other yells than he's eventually going to break off and follow the love. Just takes a little reasoning by Doc, DA, his agent, and the Clipps but it has to start with Trader Danny.

Danny mentioned this once and it was interesting to hear (who wouldn't have wanted Detlef and Sam Perkins for McHale in '89 looking back) but then he backed off it and specifically said those types of deals were NOT being offered for his version of the big 3.

But when you turn down OJ Mayo for Ray Allen at the last second (over a draft pick or Mayo's reluctance to report, whatever it may have been) and if you now don't push HARD for Jordan and Bledsoe for KG, you are turning down serious young talent and hurting the future of this team when its apparent they don't have either the depth or one more elite player needed to win now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

my understanding is that Mayo/ agent/team turned it down.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

my understanding is that Mayo/ agent/team turned it down.

My understanding was that Danny wanted a draft pick... they were going back and forth on it... then when he heard that Mayo and his agent were grumbling about him reporting to the team, while still not sure if he'd get a pick too... he junked the whole thing.

OJ Mayo doesn't have a no trade clause, the c's could have tendered him at his rookie contract offer sheet after the season and matched any offer he got (which was way smaller than expected) anyhow .

He should have gone through w/ the deal, Mayo would have reported, the C's would have been MUCH more dangerous against Miami (maybe even picked up a guy like Hickson as well) and then been even better now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

(/QUOTE) tripleOG:

If the C's get Smith, we have to give up Green  and Bass at the least. Why do you think the C's can get ALL these players and still maintain their core??

so the team would be Smith, J. Collins, Lee, Terry, Bradley....  LOL.... Good luck with that lineup...

[/QUOTE]

According to damfuno, in case you missed it,

"Actually according to trade machine a straight up PP for Smith works and also KG for Jordan and Bledsoe.......if we can pull off both of those trades I would do it in a heartbeat........"

Sections
Shortcuts