Pierce & KG on the block

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Re: Pierce & KG on the block

there are a group of people here who think that this team will be better withour Rondo.

i have read many posts this year saying that Rondo holds back this teams offense and that he is terrible on defense (K.Irving-40pts).

we'll get a chance to see, if they were rigth n the next few games...after today you'd hvae to say, maybe.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

I think Rondo is very talented but does not use his talents in the best way. Many times he overpasses by turning down a clear uncontested layup for a highlight pass. Many times he just pounds the ball into the floor for much of the shot clock and then the team ends up with taking a desperation shot. Many times he takes unecessary gambles on defense and leaves the rest of the defense in bad situations. Rondo is very talented but he needs to adjust his game to optimize those talents.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to damfuno's comment:

In response to paesan59's comment:

I think Rondo is very talented but does not use his talents in the best way. Many times he overpasses by turning down a clear uncontested layup for a highlight pass. Many times he just pounds the ball into the floor for much of the shot clock and then the team ends up with taking a desperation shot. Many times he takes unecessary gambles on defense and leaves the rest of the defense in bad situations. Rondo is very talented but he needs to adjust his game to optimize those talents.

a sportscaster proclaimed today that Rondo appears good because he likes to pad his stats.......you can look at it two ways........one...he knows his shot is not the greatest so he tries to drive up his assist total.......to do this he must make sure the person he passes the ball to will make the shot........which is why he tried to always pass to KG or PP.......everyone else realizes this and winds up just standing around.......if KG or PP are covered then the shot clock has run down and either he puts up a shot or gets the ball to someone who has to force the shot......or you can say hey look he is a double double machine.........only because he wants to be the facilitator

Bingo, bingo, bingo!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I think we loose about 4 rebounds a game he was a good rebounder at the guard position

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Let's stay on topic though.......what do you think about trading KG and PP to the west coast where their homes are in order to start the rebuilding process......Everyone will get more playing time so that we can see who we want to keep and who we don't want to sign and can hopefully get either expiring contracts in return or young players who we want to grow with.

As i'v said before, Pierce to the Clips for Bledsoe and Butler!!  Than we could trade Rondo to Utah for Big Al or Millsap.  Kg still has a lot left, i would hold on to him!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I think Ainge will wait until 11:59pm on 2/17 to make any deals but first he/Doc/PP/KG will see how the next 2 weeks plays out. They will not do anything until they have to do something. Both have pride and will not do what RA did...go the easy way out to get a ring. Who is coming back to the C's for two 35+ year olds who are true Celtics. They may stick it out. We'll see

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

KG will be bombarded during All Star weekend by other players to come their way. Let's see how we play the next 10-14 days.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

KG BACK TO MINNESOTA for Pekovic , Derrick Williams and Juan Barea , lock up Pekovic to a 4 yr deal, he is a monster

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

All valid points for sure. But many are blind to them about Rondo. He has all the talent, but is a diva of sorts, an enigma. He does all those things mentioned which in turn hurts the team. I am not so sure KG will be on the block, but maybe PP and Bass.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenmuse. Show greenmuse's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Let's stay on topic though.......what do you think about trading KG and PP to the west coast where their homes are in order to start the rebuilding process......Everyone will get more playing time so that we can see who we want to keep and who we don't want to sign and can hopefully get either expiring contracts in return or young players who we want to grow with.

As i'v said before, Pierce to the Clips for Bledsoe and Butler!!  Than we could trade Rondo to Utah for Big Al or Millsap.  Kg still has a lot left, i would hold on to him!

Just putting this out for comment!

BOS Lowry(5.2), Perk (7.8), Bargnani (10.0) OKC 1st rd pick via Tor

TOR Gay (16.4), Bass (6.5), Barbosa (1.3)

OKC A Johnson (6.0)

MEM Pierce (16.7)

I don't know what the injury replacement rules are in the new CBA but hopoing it would allow us to pick up one of the following expiring SF contracts to backup JG. (Redick (6.0,probably would cost us a draft pick also, D Wright (4.1), R Hamilton (5.5), Walton 6.0

Bargnani can play both C, PF and at times SF and would help offset the loss of Pierce's offense. Maybe we could flip Lowry for T. Evans.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

Pierce probably has the most value at this time.  Contending teams may be willing to part with picks or even a decent young player who isn't seeing significant playing time.  Pierce's contract would be attractive and he could have enough left to add some scoring punch for the playoff drive.

KG isn't likely to go anywhere, however.  His contract makes him a problem after this season for any team that might otherwise want him for the postseason.

Time to decide who the key building blocks are and put everything else on the table.  It might not work out that bad; we certainly get a jump on the rebuilding process if we can succesfully shop a player or two from our roster.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pa-Pow. Show Pa-Pow's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

there are a group of people here who think that this team will be better withour Rondo.

i have read many posts this year saying that Rondo holds back this teams offense and that he is terrible on defense (K.Irving-40pts).

we'll get a chance to see, if they were rigth n the next few games...after today you'd hvae to say, maybe.

Sorry, what you mention is foolery.  Look, teams play above their capablilities when these types of things happen.  Usually lasts for a couple of games at best.  But hey, we shall see!

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

a sportscaster proclaimed today that Rondo appears good because he likes to pad his stats.......you can look at it two ways........one...he knows his shot is not the greatest so he tries to drive up his assist total.......to do this he must make sure the person he passes the ball to will make the shot........which is why he tried to always pass to KG or PP.......everyone else realizes this and winds up just standing around.......if KG or PP are covered then the shot clock has run down and either he puts up a shot or gets the ball to someone who has to force the shot......or you can say hey look he is a double double machine.........only because he wants to be the facilitator

Bingo, bingo, bingo!!!

Better watch out you will be a target of criticism

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

If we could get Martin from OKC

that would be a good building block 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

I wouldn't trade anybody except Terry.

Really? Because this team is quite average.

Odd.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to genaro008's comment:

I think we loose about 4 rebounds a game he was a good rebounder at the guard position

maybe not if we start Sullinger and he can stay out of foul trouble.......

You are probably right.  Sullinger being a rookie gets more calls than a veteran player.   With more playing time, he may learn to foul less and get treated differently.