Pierce & KG on the block

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Pierce & KG on the block

Boston isnt going to trade PP who is a franchise player.   Boston now probably have a good chance not to make into the playoff.  Why not just to let Boston to fall apart, and just hope that they can get a top five picks where they can draft a talent PG or shooting guard.  

Boston need to keep veterans on the team where they can keep teaching young players on how to play the game in NBA.  You dont want a team like Charlotte or Washington where they have to many young players on the roster at the same time they dont have enough veterans on the roster to teach them on how to play the NBA game.

That is why it is better off to leave the team alone!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

Boston isnt going to trade PP who is a franchise player.   Boston now probably have a good chance not to make into the playoff.  Why not just to let Boston to fall apart, and just hope that they can get a top five picks where they can draft a talent PG or shooting guard.  

Boston need to keep veterans on the team where they can keep teaching young players on how to play the game in NBA.  You dont want a team like Charlotte or Washington where they have to many young players on the roster at the same time they dont have enough veterans on the roster to teach them on how to play the NBA game.

That is why it is better off to leave the team alone!!

Celtics will still make the playoffs.

They probably will make the playoffs, but how deeply into them is dependent on a number of things so often discussed here.  

As to the comment about PP and KG staying to teach younger players, I'm not sure they see that as their respective roles.  Sure, some words of wisdom in game situations, but to think that they should give up on their own careers to work on other players' games is not going to happen.  There are good reasons for retaining PP and KG, but that's not one of them.  Lest we forget, so many young players have hearing problems when it comes to criticism and coaching.  They've been treated like princes since the 6th grade, and suddenly they're humble?  Not all young players fit that description, but many do, which is why so many draft picks drop out of the league in a year or two.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

In response to kyceltic's comment:

In response to damfuno's comment:

In response to paesan59's comment:

I think Rondo is very talented but does not use his talents in the best way. Many times he overpasses by turning down a clear uncontested layup for a highlight pass. Many times he just pounds the ball into the floor for much of the shot clock and then the team ends up with taking a desperation shot. Many times he takes unecessary gambles on defense and leaves the rest of the defense in bad situations. Rondo is very talented but he needs to adjust his game to optimize those talents.

a sportscaster proclaimed today that Rondo appears good because he likes to pad his stats.......you can look at it two ways........one...he knows his shot is not the greatest so he tries to drive up his assist total.......to do this he must make sure the person he passes the ball to will make the shot........which is why he tried to always pass to KG or PP.......everyone else realizes this and winds up just standing around.......if KG or PP are covered then the shot clock has run down and either he puts up a shot or gets the ball to someone who has to force the shot......or you can say hey look he is a double double machine.........only because he wants to be the facilitator

Bingo, bingo, bingo!!!

Better watch out you will be a target of criticism

We've been criticized before, i believe we can handle it!! The thing i like about you, is you don't agree just to be agreeing !!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to damfuno's comment:

Let's stay on topic though.......what do you think about trading KG and PP to the west coast where their homes are in order to start the rebuilding process......Everyone will get more playing time so that we can see who we want to keep and who we don't want to sign and can hopefully get either expiring contracts in return or young players who we want to grow with.

I hadn't been thinking about KG...didn't know he lived on the Coast. Also, if we got a big man for PP, I think he and KG would be an awesome duo. But, yes, I'd trade KG too to start the building process.

Although I would like PP to retire in Green, for respect for his accomplishments, I would first ask him first if he'd like to play on the West Coast. His roots are So. Cal so I'd do a deal with the Clippers for DeAndre Jordan.  But, although not in So. Cal, I'd do a straight up for Cousins with Sacramento/Seattle. As much as I hate the Lakers and I have respected Pau Gasol as not being soft and feel he is stronger in the paint than KG but also like KG can play PF and can shoot 5-15 ft out effectively, I think he and KG would be a great duo out rebounding many PFs. A new life on a new team might truly inspire him. I'd also explore the Warriors for Lee(many double doubles scoring and rebounds), not a Center, but a very good  PF.

Then if PP is agreeable & feels he can win another ring, although not the West Coast, then "yes" ask him if he'd like to go to OKC.

Again, I know NBA is a business but ask PP if he'd mind trade talks with west coast teams and others, he deserves that !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

To the OP:

1. I would NOT trade Garnett.  We will need a vocal and respected leader as well as a teacher during the rebuilding effort.  Can't leave a void. Pierce, like Rondo, is not and was never an effecive leader.  Garnett still contributes at a high level and I think next year is his last. So doubtful a trade is feasible. Take his Cap for 2014.

2.  I would trade PP now that Rondo is gone.  I believe that is a highly likely outcome by Feb 21 since he is the ONLY player of value to elite teams in the championship hunt.  Pierce has playoff experience and can come off the bench to make a huge difference to any contender. 

3.  I don't think there is a home in SF or Sacto for Pierce.  Sacto aren't contenders and an aged PP does nothing to forward their ambitions.  The Warriors have excellent speed and team chemistry.  Clay Thompson 6'6" SG/SF and Harrison Barnes, SF are both emerging stars and Richard Jefferson is the PP equivilent of an experienced backup.

The Lakers, Clippers are both very possible homes.  The Lakers may not care if Pierce is old because this is probably their last shot at a title with Kobe and NAsh on their last legs and Howard likely gone after this season.  Adding PP would provide a solution to the inconsistent play of Metta.  and his contract would be an advantage in helping LA move Gasol.

The Clips have decent players in Butler and Matt Barnes, but they are borderline starters and need to upgrade their scoring and more help at SF to compete for a Championship.  Plus Pierce gives them experienced playoff leadership.  I like Bledsoe alot.  Not thrilled with Barnes or Butler, but they could serve as adequate backups to Green.  Overall, I would do the trade you suggest, but maybe we move a bad contract or detritus for a draft pick in the process.