Pierce and Ray were really awful tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pierce and Ray were really awful tonight

Pierce may score some points to close out this debacle. But his play tonight was shocking at key points throwing errant pass after pass or letting his man sit open on the three line. Ray looks like either age has caught up with him or he is injured. He cannot get an open shot at the three line. This is not the only game he has been like this for well over a month.

Rondo of course did not do much for his team either.  Jeff Green sits on the bench when he should be playing closer to forty minutes a game. If Doc had pulled Pierce in the third and had Green in there we might have got back in the game. Delonte instead of Ray might have been a nice idea as well. Play these guys Doc and let the others rest.  

This was a game to make a good effort the Bulls don't need more confidence.

We can beat them, but Pierce and Ray have to show up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Re: Pierce and Ray were really awful tonight

I hate to say this but this doesn't look like a team that can win #18.

I'm shocked that this team has allowed the trade of Perk to lose so much swagger. It's shocking.

Big 3 was garbage tonight. Green is going to have to get more assertive. No one is taking away the paint. Rondo was schooled by Rose.

Let's see how the playoffs go but stunned how this team has changed in a month.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I believe the play, or lack thereof, of Rondo directly affects the play of Pierce and especially Ray.  When your ball handler stinks, so goes the team.  Its been a pattern.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Hmmm. Got beat in the rebounding department and got killed in the paint. I saw flashes of brilliance from Delonte and Jermaine.

Lets face it, the Bulls flat out beat us. Derrick Rose is virtually unstoppable, I can't count how many times he split our defense getting to the cup.

The Bulls play team defense like WE USED TO. The Celtics better get their act together, because teams aren't scared of us anymore.

If this game doesn't prove the Bulls are legit, NOTHING WILL.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

but the Celtics ALWAYS get the calls against them...just like the Pats and all other Boston teams. There's a nationwide conspiracy against teams from the USA's 4th/5th/6th city???

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Re: Pierce and Ray were really awful tonight:
    Great, the Bulls beat the Celtics in the regular season and the Bulls are already legit. Legitimacy is winning in the playoffs! The Bulls are a team built like a house of cards. That Bulls team has only one Ace, the Celtics have a Full House!
    Posted by Fiercest34

Well that Bulls team "built like a house of cards" tied us in the season series 2-2. This is a VERY different Bulls team than past seasons. They're the BEST DEFENSIVE TEAM in the league, and they have pieces they never had last season.

Besides, I think their bench is underrated. We all have our opinions, but this Bulls team is NOT to be taken lightly. Overconfidence can be our undoing if we don't watch it.

We have NO interior defense, and we're getting killed on the boards.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

PLEASE add Davis to the awful list.  Can he get any MORE shots blocked??  He is dreadful, and should stick to 15 footers!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tekaronhiakha. Show tekaronhiakha's posts

PLEASE add Davis to the awful list.  Can he get any MORE shots blocked??  He is dreadful, and should stick to 15 footers!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Great, the Bulls beat the Celtics in the regular season and the Bulls are already legit. Legitimacy is winning in the playoffs! The Bulls are a team built like a house of cards. That Bulls team has only one Ace, the Celtics have a Full House!
    Posted by Fiercest34

Your right, the Celtics do have a full house but today played like they had a bad hand. If these two do meet in the playoffs, Doc definetly needs to make some changes. Having Shaq would also be a huge plus!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fierce, 
    I said we can beat them. They are not that impressive except for Rose. Let him score all he wants and cover everyone else. It worked with Wilt.

We have to show and be on our game. Guys like Paul and Ray were way off. We were in a position to win in the third period and we weren't even playing that well.

Paul and Ray are not handling the ball out there.  They need to pass better and figure out a three point strategy.  Sure we don't go inside enough and because of that we can't get anybody open at the 3 line.  Look at the open looks the Bulls got.   

Green should be playing forty minutes from here on out.  Ray needs to rest and PP seems really out of sorts to.

Green by the way could cover Rose in spots and I believe would really bother him.

Sections
Shortcuts