pierce asking for tmac

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Re: pierce asking for tmac

Hey now....  there's some creditability.  A blogger named Erik Landau writes a comment(one of his 78 total) for a no-name site called Bleacher Report and it's a done deal.  Ok,  I believe now. Wink

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

Do you have a link to Paul's statement?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

pierce asking for tmac

with fans impatient and now players being impatient all the wingmen are falling off the waist side, pierce in other words is saying to danny in so many words sign tmac, matt barnes is the only other swing man out there the celts might want, but free agency has become really thin, pull the trigger, finley gone, ta gone, shelden gone, allen and pierce took less money, sheeds money is still sitting there, daniels and scal up in the  air, tyronne lue not even existent more money opens up.......get him at the vet minimum or offer a little more with the space that has opened up.

get him here it makes cents!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In Response to Re: pierce asking for tmac:
    In Response to Re: pierce asking for tmac : Exactly. I hate when people put up threads about "so-called" trades and players' statements, and NEVER provide a link. If you look around, there are several threads like this without links, just hearsay. It kinda makes you think they made it up for fantasy purposes.
    Posted by Waynestarr

It's called baiting.  He's throwing stuff against the wall to see if it will stick.  See if he can start a rumor that will flourish and become a national story. 

How much creditability can someone that does'nt even know how to punctuate have?    Hey OJmega....  ever heard of a period?  You write like a 7 year old.

Try it,  it makes cents!!!!(It's sense,  dude.)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Do you have a link to Paul's statement?
    Posted by cpjohn1

Exactly.

I hate when people put up threads about "so-called" trades and players' statements, and NEVER provide a link. If you look around, there are several threads like this without links, just hearsay.

It kinda makes you think they made it up for fantasy purposes.

Undecided

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

NBA Free Agent Rumors: Tracy McGrady To the Boston Celtics?

By (Contributor) on July 17, 2010

7,039reads

8comments

NEW YORK - FEBRUARY 20:  Tracy McGrady #3 of the New York Knicks gestures against the Oklahoma City Thunder at Madison Square Garden on February 20, 2010 in New York, New York. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement.  (Photo by Nick Laham/Getty Images)Nick Laham/Getty Images

Reports have been swirling that Tracy McGrady has considered teams in L.A.,Miami, and even Orlando where he was a scoring machine. Well, the team with the most titles all time is reportedly interested as well now that Tony Allen has vacated the Boston grounds.

Allen, who played pivotal backup minutes against Kobe Bryant in the Finals, is in final negotiations for a three-year, $9.5 million contract with the Memphis Grizzlies. The action (or lack thereof) is a head-scratcher, as Boston players such as Paul Pierce want to know what Danny Ainge is doing to keep up with the rest of the busy Eastern Conference.

The Boston Celtics were able to ink Jermaine O'Neal to a two-year deal with the uncertainty of whether Rasheed Wallace will retire this offseason. There are also still questions about the strength and durability that will be left in Kendrick Perkins’ knee.

They were also able to resign Nate Robinson in a backup role for two years and $8 million dollars. Those are decent pickups, but its's not what is going to get Boston back over the hump.

Paul Pierce took less money over the off-season to give room to sign a major player, and Ray Allen resigned for a two-year, $20 million contract.

With all these players going and staying, it makes one wonder what this crafty veteran team could look like next season.

Well, there have been reports that Matt Barnes might come in to take over the backup role that has been vacated by Tony Allen. However, these are just slight rumors at this present time.

With the confusion and angst in Paul Pierce's voice, his metaphorical throat lozenge could be none other than Tracy McGrady.

T-Mac is coming off a short stint with the New York Knicks this past season where he averaged eight points, three rebounds and three assists per game. Not gaudy numbers from a former All-NBA player, but he was still in recovery from his injuries.

Many have written McGrady off just as they have Jermaine O'Neal, which could lead some to speculate that picking up McGrady is not outside the realm of possibilities for Doc Rivers and his staff since they acquired O'Neal.

Rest assured, there is a little more life left in McGrady than there has been in O'Neal over the last three years. McGrady showed glimpses of his prowess this past season with the Knicks, and it will be a crap shoot to see where Tracy lands this offseason.

Michael Finley is most likely not going to be asked back, and McGrady could possibly be looking at a sixth-man role with the Celtics. With the tired legs of Ray Allen and Pierce, he could be an essential part of the Celtics force.

The Celtics could not acquire David Lee or any of the other premier free agents, so it comes down to a fill-in-the-holes scenario. Shaq is out there, but he is not what the Celtics need. They need a wing man to score off the bench and play stellar defense.

The lack of stellar defense could be the downfall in Boston acquiring McGrady, but odds say no. He would be an effective offensive player like Nate Robinson and could fill the wing man spot nicely. The Celtics could also go small and have a lineup of Rondo, Allen, Pierce, McGrady, and Garnett on the court which could run fluidly.

Nothing is set in stone at this time, but McGrady and the Celtics makes a lot of sense—assuming that he's willing to take a smaller monetary offer from the team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I would welcome TMac as the 6th man. He and Nate would make a nice combo. If TMac came on board I would want Sheed back and then our 2nd unit would be better than last year. Tmac would give us so much flexibility because he could play the PG at times and go very big with RA & PP still on the court.

Bradley
    Nate
    TMac
    BBD
    Sheed

Very nice!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Guess you told them ojmega...lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Did anyone actually watch T-Mac play last year? He looked extremely fragile....I watched MSG one night while i was in NY & the reffed to him as a "china doll". Not good! We need a rugged defender for the 2nd unit. Matt Barnes, or maybe we can trade Sheed's contract for Ariza....
    Posted by Red-Doc-Redemption

I agree.

The Celtics are in trouble if they're trying to get injury prone guys who quit and are a shell of their former self.

JON is injury prone(knees), Sheed has nagging injuries(back), KG has iffy knees.

I like Barnes, and think he would be a great addition, but even he has nagging back issues.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottybass. Show scottybass's posts

In Response to pierce asking for tmac:
    with fans impatient and now players being impatient all the wingmen are falling off the waist side, pierce in other words is saying to danny in so many words sign tmac, matt barnes is the only other swing man out there the celts might want, but free agency has become really thin, pull the trigger, finley gone, ta gone, shelden gone, allen and pierce took less money, sheeds money is still sitting there, daniels and scal up in the  air, tyronne lue not even existent more money opens up.......get him at the vet minimum or offer a little more with the space that has opened up. get him here it makes cents!!!!
    Posted by ojmega

omg, finley is gone! better make a deal quick!

tyronne lue not even existent! let's make another deal!!

and WHAT EXACTLY is pierce saying? cuz that's a run-on sentence...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Did anyone actually watch T-Mac play last year? He looked extremely fragile....I watched MSG one night while i was in NY & the reffed to him as a "china doll". Not good!

We need a rugged defender for the 2nd unit. Matt Barnes, or maybe we can trade Sheed's contract for Ariza....

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

T-Mac might be one of the few professional athletes that I feel a bit bad for.  His career has been affected by injuries and bad teams.  It looked good for him when he went to Houston but that team fell apart around him. 

He's not very motivated when he's not on a good team.  That fact might trouble me if the Celtics weren't looking to make a run at the championship.  I think he'd be on his best behavior, work hard, and embrace his role in exchange for a Finals appearance and a chance at a ring.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottybass. Show scottybass's posts

I agree with Red again .... voice of reason over there! Pierce never said anything about TMac ... that's a story written by a blogger and his own opinion .... where does it quote PP? IT DOESN'T!! http://bleacherreport.com/articles/421501-nba-rumors-tracy-mcgrady-to-the-celtics
    Posted by Mployee8

yeah, but it has a picture of mcgrady! ...AND it says paul pierce's name!! dont you get it!?!?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

I agree with Red again .... voice of reason over there! Pierce never said anything about TMac ... that's a story written by a blogger and his own opinion .... where does it quote PP? IT DOESN'T!! http://bleacherreport.com/articles/421501-nba-rumors-tracy-mcgrady-to-the-celtics
    Posted by Mployee8

Thank you!

Just rumors and no real facts.

Like I said earlier, just fantasy talk.

I think T-Mac goes to Chicago or the L.A. Clippers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Make sure that he brings his cane. He has arthritis.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

I would get Matt Barnes, Trevor, or even try for Shaq rather than get TMac.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sev133. Show Sev133's posts

rockets prob won't even trade battier nevermind ariza.  He is one of their top three players.    

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Get TMAC, keep Daniels for insurance.  Sign Mbenga - Done!
    Posted by BirdandCowens

I nearly agree with you....

Resign daniels.... debate and think a lot before signing TMAC.... and leave Mbenga in LA

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dboss. Show dboss's posts

In Response to pierce asking for tmac:
    with fans impatient and now players being impatient all the wingmen are falling off the waist side, pierce in other words is saying to danny in so many words sign tmac, matt barnes is the only other swing man out there the celts might want, but free agency has become really thin, pull the trigger, finley gone, ta gone, shelden gone, allen and pierce took less money, sheeds money is still sitting there, daniels and scal up in the  air, tyronne lue not even existent more money opens up.......get him at the vet minimum or offer a little more with the space that has opened up. get him here it makes cents!!!!
    Posted by ojmega

I read the article but did not see where PP specifically asked for T-Mac.

That seems more like an assumption by the author.

I think he would be a good addition if he can keep his back from going out again.  But for short mioney why not take a chance with him.

dboss

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Get TMAC, keep Daniels for insurance.  Sign Mbenga - Done!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"get him at the vet minimum or offer a little more with the space that has opened up."

The whole initial post is flawed.  Just because Pierce and R. Allen are making less money, and others weren't re-signed, doesn't mean that they have more cap space.