Pierce Buyout A No-Brainer No Matter What Ainge Says......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Pierce Buyout A No-Brainer No Matter What Ainge Says......

The trick is to get Pierce to stay for $5M or less......http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/227483/Ainge-Celtics-Face-Very-Hard-Decision-On-Whether-To-Buyout-Pierce

Pierce has value and can play guard or forward, he can start or backup Jeff Green , even off the bench he will still play at least 25 minutes.......well worth $5M plus the $5M buyout, but $15.3M ?

NO !

I think we will soon see if Paul Piece really wants to end his career as a Celtic. If he will agree to a buyout and a paycut, then he can stay.....Ainge should give him approval of whoever they bring in on the salary Pierce would have earned...I think that would close the deal (along with a no-trade clause).......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Pierce Buyout A No-Brainer No Matter What Ainge Says......

with doc, nothing is a no brainer.  old pierce needs to play 25 mins top next year and back up green if he stays.  period.  end of story.  we need a major roster re-working to be truly competitive.  pierce should sign for next to nothing and somehow KG should too.  i hope we're not locked in to 12+ M on KG for next year with no options out.

i'd LOVE to see these guys TRULY contend again, but going half way with the project like this year- there's almost nothing more painful to watch

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I don't think Pierce should be expected to sign a minimum wage contract, like he is some kind of burdon.....

In addition to the $5M buyout, Pierce deserves AT LEAST as much as the Celtics paid Brian Scalabrine for 5 YEARS !!!

$5M buyout plus a $3.5M Thank You still leaves enough left over $$$ to bring in an impact player

Pierce deserves more than minimum wage, he's earned it and he's better than that.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

I don't think Pierce should be expected to sign a minimum wage contract, like he is some kind of burdon.....

In addition to the $5M buyout, Pierce deserves AT LEAST as much as the Celtics paid Brian Scalabrine for 5 YEARS !!!

$5M buyout plus a $3.5M Thank You still leaves enough left over $$$ to bring in an impact player

Pierce deserves more than minimum wage, he's earned it and he's better than that.

so how much combined, do you think pierce and KG can book on our payrollnext year and still leave room to build the 2, 3, 4, 5 help that we need.  there's a lot of missing pieces.  i don't see how lee or terry is worth keeping. 

frankly, i don't see how rondo is worth keeping if you're going to keep jeff green.  green only earns his keep if he can run.  and it's clear to anyone with their head screwed on straight that rondo just does not want to run the ball any more. 

rondo is a sad caricature of himself and all the potential he used to have at this point in time.  and speaking of people's piece of the books- rondo @ 12m and then 13m for next year and the year after.  i bet you can get a guy for half that money who won't strangle the tempo and can shoot 75 or 80% from the line.

there is so much work to be done to make this team worth keeping both pierce and kg for one more run.  pierce and kg really can't take more than 5 or 6 million combined or we are sunk.  that's not to say they don't have anything to contribute.  but pierce and kg at 28 million this last year left nothing to do anything with by the time you pay rondo his 11 and change

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Ya'll sound like your talking bout the future, but you're really living in the past. Game 6 later today, LET'S GO CELTICS! C'mon boys get on board with the present! WHOOOOOOOO!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Like I said, waive Pierce then sign him for a lesser contract.

Hopefully Pierce decides to help the team out by signing a 1 year vet's minimum contract with the Celts.

Pierce doesn't need the money!

neither does KG. But you know what the definition is of a rich person, right?

(answer: someone who wants more money)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

These guys both understand this is a business first... ya think when PP is 55 and broke that DA will sign him to a minimum contract to help him out?  PP should do whats right for himself financially, esp now at the end of his career when he wont be making this kind of money the rest of his life..

Maybe re-work his contract but hes not gonna give up much $$ for the benefit of the team... and I dont blame him

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Don't think PP will be broke if he'd live to 100. He's not Antoine Walker as far a i can tell.

I agree it's easy for us to say they should accept less money though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:

Don't think PP will be broke if he'd live to 100. He's not Antoine Walker as far a i can tell.

I agree it's easy for us to say they should accept less money though.

Not saying he'll be broke, just making an example that the C's wouldnt dish him out a few million if he needed it when hes 50 but cant help them on the court. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Like I said, it's not about the Celts offering Pierce the vet's minimum, it's about Pierce offering the Celts that he wants to play for the vet's minimum.

Agree.  If Pierce and KG both were getting paid considerably less it would give the Celtics more cap space to sign another impact player.  Imagine how much potential the Celtics could have with a team of KG and Pierce as mostly role players and another 5 and maybe 2. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Does the 5M buyout count against the cap? Or is it just a financial hit??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GAShamrock60. Show GAShamrock60's posts

One thing that is rarely mentioned is the fact that how we treat our players does have an impact on who will be willing to come here and possible come at a discount. I think we need to be fair to Pierce as he has been here all of his career. I think Ainge can probably work something out that will help the team and be fair to Pierce. Pierce at this point is probably only concerned with winning and not so much about salary. With that said he will probably not agree to some minimum salary plan as that would be a slap in the face to him. With limited minutes KG and Pierce are still effective and with Rondo Sully and possible free agent I think we will contend again next year. I know we are a long shot to win it all but in order to compete we will need to try and keep what we have. I think KG and Pierce want to be traded then I would go for it and start rebuilding but we need to treat our players right or we will end up like the Clippers in the past or numerous teams like the Washington Wizards. I know it is a business but treating people the right way is always the right thing to do.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

What do you guys think about Paul going to the Denver Nuggets? I think without Gallanari, they are extremely weak at the SF position with Chandler and Brewer ...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Pierce and Garnett at $16M combined next season is NOT a crushing payroll burdon.....what do you think it will cost to replace them with players who can do what they do for the team (on and off the floor) ????

Both guys have performed bigtime in this series with the Knicks , even if Pierce hasn't had a great game yet (he's due tonight) , both of them are the only reason the Celtics are still alive.

Let's not overthink this - the last thing Ainge should do is pull a "JD Drew" and overpay to replace KG and PP , these guys are not holding the team back and would be great guys to have for 25-30 minutes a game next season......

Unless Ainge can get another GM to overpay for them this offseason, then I hope they both return to play another season for the Celtics.

Much respect to both of them for all they've done for this team.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

What do you guys think about Paul going to the Denver Nuggets? I think without Gallanari, they are extremely weak at the SF position with Chandler and Brewer ...

George Karl don't want Pierce, and Pierce don't want George Karl!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Pierce and Garnett at $16M combined next season is NOT a crushing payroll burdon.....what do you think it will cost to replace them with players who can do what they do for the team (on and off the floor) ????

Both guys have performed bigtime in this series with the Knicks , even if Pierce hasn't had a great game yet (he's due tonight) , both of them are the only reason the Celtics are still alive.

Let's not overthink this - the last thing Ainge should do is pull a "JD Drew" and overpay to replace KG and PP , these guys are not holding the team back and would be great guys to have for 25-30 minutes a game next season......

Unless Ainge can get another GM to overpay for them this offseason, then I hope they both return to play another season for the Celtics.

Much respect to both of them for all they've done for this team.....

Yes, agree - I love them both............but you are forgetting Rondo at 12, Green at 9, Bass at 7 and Terry at 5.  Add in KG at 12 and you're still limited. 

Let's face it, guys, PP is NOT going to sign for a vet min contract.......he's going to "Pedro" us and insist the C's give him his option..........it could get ugly.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I think KG and Pierce should just play for free next year, and on top of that chip in about 20 mil a piece, toward helping the Celtics sign a big name player. Sounds stupid doesn't it. So does them taking a lot less money than they can earn, just to help the Celtics!!  It's a business, get it while you can, and get all you can!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I'm all about what is best for this team, but I do stand firm with what looked to be a two year plan.

Next season, we can really limit KG and Pauls minutes. Green, Rondo, Brandon, Avery, Sullinger, Williams, Crawford should be allowed to carry our team as best they can.

Melo and Rookie should be given 10-15 minutes to develop. I'd like to see Courtney Lee traded for a Big man. Maybe Denver will finally be willing to do a sign and trade with Mozgov.

Danny can find us a couple of Vet min bigs .. seriously, people forgot about Darko. He was a low-risk high potential player. If he could get his family stuff together, he could have played serious minutes for us this year. There will be more guys like that out there.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

... at the same time ...

I could definitely see buying Paul out, him taking a 1 year deal to play for a contender, and have him come back in 2014/15. Not sure if KG retires at that point. Kevin has so much to give. He can certainly continue to play.

Lets PRAY that KG does not retire. If he does, we are stuck in a crumby free agency. The last thing I want to see is Danny Ainge give more mediocre players big chunks of money because there is nothing out there. If KG hangs on one or two more years, we can certainly start playing the Kevin Love sweepstakes!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

IF KG retires, and they buy out PP.........I think he HAS to trade Rondo.  Rondo will not be a happy camper rebuilding, and he is still marketable.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to kyceltic's comment:

I think KG and Pierce should just play for free next year, and on top of that chip in about 20 mil a piece, toward helping the Celtics sign a big name player. Sounds stupid doesn't it. So does them taking a lot less money than they can earn, just to help the Celtics!!  It's a business, get it while you can, and get all you can!!

Play Pierce and KG next year, and add Rondo, Sullinger, and a draft pick to the mix.

Add another 7 footer to that group along with Jeff and Doc emphasize running to his team more.  Formidable group.