Pierce contract breakdown

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Re: Pierce contract breakdown

PP may not be here in year 3 of that deal, so i wouldn't worry about it just yet.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

he saved them enough money this year to sign Shaq and resign davis and robinson.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

In Response to Re: Pierce contract breakdown:
    I am thinking of scenarios where we can get a 2nd stud Fa to join the max guy we got, say a resticted free agent like Jason Thompson or Kevin Love to help replace KG, b/c their team wouldn't match 5/70... but we can only offer 5/55, which would be matched in a heartbeat...b/c Paul makes 16m instead of 13m
    Posted by rameakap

You're sweating the small stuff. The ultimate goal is to win an NBA championship. If the Celtics can win now who cares about 2012 or 2013. You're fooling yourself if you think the Celtics will not go back to the lottery after KG and Ray are gone. What Ainge, Doc, and the owners have in mind is win now and worry about the future later.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

I'll bet $100 right now that the Celtics will not be a lottery team in 2013, after KG's and Ray's current contracts are up. 

What Ainge and the owners have in mind is for the Celtics to be contenders EVERY year.  I trust Danny to make it happen. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I don't like the 4-year deal for Pierce, but I don't see what choice Ainge had right now if he wanted to add to the roster for a run this year -- and maybe next -- but not sure they have 2 more runs in them.  Had Pierce taken the 21 mil. option, we probably wouldn't have had Daniels, Robinson and Shaq.  There is no way this team would have enough depth given the cap constraints.  This team would have been more of a longshot to make the ECF if Pierce took the option.   

I see it as the C's are paying in the future for the chance to extend their window for two years right now.  Why Pierce would be motivated to sign a 4-year deal with KG and Ray out the door in two years is a bit of a question, but he wants to retire here and also get paid, and there is no way he was leaving 32 mil on the table by signing a 2-year deal.

The way I look at it, the C's are gonna have to trade for a solid vet to have any chance at attracting a bigger name in the future.  They'll have Rondo, an aging Pierce and lots of money, but I think trades and not FA signings are the way that Ainge will set this team up again for another run.  That may mean trading a big contract  a year early, say Ray or KG, to another contender afther this year's run.          

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

In Response to Re: Pierce contract breakdown:
    In Response to Re: Pierce contract breakdown : Yes The point of this thread has nothing to do with the compromise and PP helping the team now for security later, no complaints w/ extension He could have been paid 16-15-13-15 over the next 4 years, and was not That still saves Wyc 11 million this year Instead the one year over his 4 year extesnion that his cap # HAD to be LOWEST it ended up being HIGHEST, and that is frustrating to me b/c i look at the future
    Posted by rameakap

Don't you dare tell me to actually read what you said. I want to complain!

Sections
Shortcuts