Pierce for a lotto pick?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Pierce for a lotto pick?

http://www.hoopsworld.com/end-of-big-three-era-in-boston

Pierce was almost traded at midseason for a lottery pick, and a similar move could be made before the draft if Garnett and Allen let it be known that they’re leaving

If KG retires and Ray signs elsewhere do you make this move? Bring in 3 young guys to play for a year with Rondo, Avery and maybe 1-2 young free agents and then look towards the free agent class of 2013?

Golden State at pick 7 has let it be known they want a SF. Portland almost traded a lotto pick for Pierce in '05 and have picks 6 (the NJ one Ainge offered Pierce for at the deadline) and 11.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Re: Pierce for a lotto pick?

I don't think Pierce will be traded as long as Doc Rivers is the Celtics head coach. Doc is particularly close to Pierce, and he will not stand for a team laden with rookies and sophomores. DA will likely consult with Doc before making any major player movements this offseason, and they will likely opt for a combination of veterans and newbies. I won't be surprised if DA brings back KG (if he doesn't retire) and RA (if he agrees) at reduced salaries if only to ease the transition of the sophomores (Moore, Johnson) and the rookies (draft picks). I don't think Doc signed on for the long term only to see the Celtics become a draft lottery team. It's also difficult to attract top free agents if the team's chances at a title are bleak. Pierce has still enough in his tank for the remainder of his contract. Doc just needs to manage his playing minutes efficiently. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Re: Pierce for a lotto pick?

In Response to Re: Pierce for a lotto pick?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pierce for a lotto pick? : Celtics can get Kobe after the lakers amnesty his butt!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Keep Kome.

I'll take the donuts.

7. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts