Pierce for Gasol anyone?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Pierce for Gasol anyone?

We need a big.  Gasol's scoring is down but that's b/c Howard is pushing him to the perimeter.  Hey, you've got to give to receive. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Pierce for Gasol anyone?

Gasol is a soft p*ssy, would score less than Pierce, he is not a proficient rebounder which is what we really need, and worse, he is a Leker. I don't want any stinking Lakers playing for the Celtics.  I do not consider Howard a Laker and neither does he. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mld12. Show mld12's posts

In response to joel49's comment:

We need a big.  Gasol's scoring is down but that's b/c Howard is pushing him to the perimeter.  Hey, you've got to give to receive. 

Are u kidding me?  He was being guarded by Wade tonite and still couldn't score.  Plus this's guy looks like he has gotten real old fast .  the heat players were driving right into this guys defense tonite w/o any fear and lastly but most importantly -- he's a Laker and we don't need him.  

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I think Gasol takes too much bashing, hes been an outstanding player and MVP in Lakers title over C's as far as im concerned.

That said, not a chance Id give up PP for him. Although PP has lost a little and is inconsistent, hes still gonna carry this team to wins on certain nights and likely do the same in playoffs... Yes, he all too often gets stuck when trapped and the iso's ending quarters/games bug alot of us... hes also sloppier with the ball no matter what the stats say... and just plain slowing down.... but hes still a big time player and one of the few on the C's who can carry a team to a win

I find myself taking him for granted sometimes but after a cup of coffee... realize hes getting older and not to have such high expectations every single game... hes also one of the heart n soul guys on the team///  that makes us the Celtics..

Finally, I love one of the other posters reasons for now wanting Gasol... hes a Laker..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

idk why people dont understand this. We need a big to ADD to the CURRENT roster. We are trying to become elite, so you dont take a key cog of the current team and trade him. Unless the guy being traded for is a superstar. I really dont understand the "trade green, rondo, avery, Pierce so we can get a big" posts, it makes no sense! You trade ur starting pg for a big. Now you have a big but u dont have the starting pg that makes things go. Same with Pierce, you trade him for a defensive big but now ur missing the scoring punch from the 3 spot. In order to truly get where we need to go, you trade someone you can do without (Bass, Barbosa) to get what you need. 

On Gasol, good player but we already have his skill set in Garnett. We need a banger down low, Gasol is not that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

idk why people dont understand this. We need a big to ADD to the CURRENT roster. We are trying to become elite, so you dont take a key cog of the current team and trade him. Unless the guy being traded for is a superstar. I really dont understand the "trade green, rondo, avery, Pierce so we can get a big" posts, it makes no sense! You trade ur starting pg for a big. Now you have a big but u dont have the starting pg that makes things go. Same with Pierce, you trade him for a defensive big but now ur missing the scoring punch from the 3 spot. In order to truly get where we need to go, you trade someone you can do without (Bass, Barbosa) to get what you need. 

On Gasol, good player but we already have his skill set in Garnett. We need a banger down low, Gasol is not that.

Jamez in order to get a big man we are going to have to give up something.  Our biggest weakness if inside presence.  So yea if want to get bigger something has got to go.  I don't like the idea of losing them either but it would be difficult to win with what he have.  It might be done but very difficult.  I do agree that we should really not want to trade a PP or RR or KG unless we really got back a young impact player or players.  Some of the role players though should have to go.  I would hate to be the one that picks who that is .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

No, Gasol is good but we need to trade for young players not older ones!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

The thread is PP for him though.  I have mixed feelings on it.  First off I hate the Lakers. Second PP is my favorite Celtic so I don't want him traded. Third- Would we be better with Gasol instead of PP?  If yes, I guess I could live with it.  Don't really think we would be better though.  We would miss crunch time play. Would we make up for it with inside play the rest of the game?   I am glad I don't make those choices.  Everyone around here throws out trades like a pregame routine.  Not even thinking about what all it would effect.  Can you imagine if any of this board were a GM what condition our team would be in?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I love Gassol, and don't think the lakers are using him right.  I further think NOD'Antoni doesn't like him.  That being said, I would trade Green, Lee and Bass for Gasol and Jamison............NOT PP.  That is the only trade I would consider.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

I love Gassol, and don't think the lakers are using him right.  I further think NOD'Antoni doesn't like him.  That being said, I would trade Green, Lee and Bass for Gasol and Jamison............NOT PP.  That is the only trade I would consider.

If we could get them to throw in Earl Clark, it would be even better!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

In response to kyceltic's comment:

The thread is PP for him though.  I have mixed feelings on it.  First off I hate the Lakers. Second PP is my favorite Celtic so I don't want him traded. Third- Would we be better with Gasol instead of PP?  If yes, I guess I could live with it.  Don't really think we would be better though.  We would miss crunch time play. Would we make up for it with inside play the rest of the game?   I am glad I don't make those choices.  Everyone around here throws out trades like a pregame routine.  Not even thinking about what all it would effect.  Can you imagine if any of this board were a GM what condition our team would be in?

The Celtics wouldn't be better.  Pierce is the only guy on the team that can score consistenlty by making his own shot.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Although I would like PP to retire in Green, for respect for his accomplishments, I would ask him first if he'd like to play on the West Coast. His roots are So. Cal so I'd do a deal with the Clippers for DeAndre Jordan.  But, although not in So. Cal, I'd do a straight up for Cousins with Sacramento/Seattle. As much as I hate the Lakers and I have respected Pau Gasol as not being soft and feel he is stronger in the paint than KG but also like KG can play PF and can shoot 5-15ft out effectively, I think he and KG would be a great duo out rebounding many PFs. A new life on a new team might truly inspire him. I'd also explore the Warriors for Lee(many double doubles scoring and rebounds), not a Center, but a very good  PF.

Again, I know NBA is a business but ask PP if he'd mind trade talks with west coast teams, he deserves that !!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

NO. Gasol for Terry and Green maybe. Salary dump for both teams of players underperforming their contracts. Speculative for both teams. Fills needs for both teams if trade works out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Strange no one has pointed out the Lakers would never do this trade in a million years. I know you guys watched the game last night. The Lakers don't need another old slow veteran, however savvy. 

If they trade Gasol, big if - it would be for youth and speed. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Just because Gasol looks to be available from the Lakers does not mean that the Celtics should trade anyone for him.

He is not young, may already be in serious decline, has a big contract and is not a true interior rebounder or defender even though he is seven feet tall.

Not sure if Oden would be the answer because of his injury history, but I would much rather take a chance with him than Gasol.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Strange no one has pointed out the Lakers would never do this trade in a million years. I know you guys watched the game last night. The Lakers don't need another old slow veteran, however savvy. 

If they trade Gasol, big if - it would be for youth and speed. 

You're right the Lakers would never do that!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Gasol is 32 and starting to break down. How does it help this team to unload the only guy on the team who can score for somebody like that?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

PP is 4th in the east in scoring, 12th in the NBA.  He is 1 ppg from being in 8th place. 

Among other SFs he is 4th over-all in scoring behind only Melo, Lebron, and Durant. 5th in assists, and 7th in steals. Considering there are over 50 other guys that play SF in the league I think his standings are very impressive.

There is NO-WAY the C's would get anything back for him that would make up for losing this type of quality production and help the Celts win this year. 

Now if Ainge decided to blow it up and go for youth/potential, then I can maybe see trading Pierce to a possible contending team, but you might as well trade KG with him and really get some peices to build on.  Pierce still gives you the most bang for your buck right now, especially considering he knows the system better than anyone you bring in.

Sections
Shortcuts