Pierce for Gasol anyone?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Pierce for Gasol anyone?

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

idk why people dont understand this. We need a big to ADD to the CURRENT roster. We are trying to become elite, so you dont take a key cog of the current team and trade him. Unless the guy being traded for is a superstar. I really dont understand the "trade green, rondo, avery, Pierce so we can get a big" posts, it makes no sense! You trade ur starting pg for a big. Now you have a big but u dont have the starting pg that makes things go. Same with Pierce, you trade him for a defensive big but now ur missing the scoring punch from the 3 spot. In order to truly get where we need to go, you trade someone you can do without (Bass, Barbosa) to get what you need. 

On Gasol, good player but we already have his skill set in Garnett. We need a banger down low, Gasol is not that.

Jamez in order to get a big man we are going to have to give up something.  Our biggest weakness if inside presence.  So yea if want to get bigger something has got to go.  I don't like the idea of losing them either but it would be difficult to win with what he have.  It might be done but very difficult.  I do agree that we should really not want to trade a PP or RR or KG unless we really got back a young impact player or players.  Some of the role players though should have to go.  I would hate to be the one that picks who that is .

so are you giving up on this season? saying the C's have no chance to win a championship?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

idk why people dont understand this. We need a big to ADD to the CURRENT roster. We are trying to become elite, so you dont take a key cog of the current team and trade him. Unless the guy being traded for is a superstar. I really dont understand the "trade green, rondo, avery, Pierce so we can get a big" posts, it makes no sense! You trade ur starting pg for a big. Now you have a big but u dont have the starting pg that makes things go. Same with Pierce, you trade him for a defensive big but now ur missing the scoring punch from the 3 spot. In order to truly get where we need to go, you trade someone you can do without (Bass, Barbosa) to get what you need. 

On Gasol, good player but we already have his skill set in Garnett. We need a banger down low, Gasol is not that.

Jamez in order to get a big man we are going to have to give up something.  Our biggest weakness if inside presence.  So yea if want to get bigger something has got to go.  I don't like the idea of losing them either but it would be difficult to win with what he have.  It might be done but very difficult.  I do agree that we should really not want to trade a PP or RR or KG unless we really got back a young impact player or players.  Some of the role players though should have to go.  I would hate to be the one that picks who that is .

so are you giving up on this season? saying the C's have no chance to win a championship?

You must not read the board much or u wouldn't ask such a silly question.  The odds of us winning a championship as constructed are not good.  If you don't believe me maybe u should check the Vegas odds.   I will watch and not give up on the team as I have for the last 30 years.  Now who would watch the Celltics play every game from Bird till know from a podunk town in Texas , never been anywhere around Boston, and give up on a season?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The ship has sailed with Gasol. He looks awful, has become depressed, and is grossly overpaid.  Forget him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

The ship has sailed with Gasol. He looks awful, has become depressed, and is grossly overpaid.  Forget him.

U do agree we need to do something though?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

We do have to do something.  This team wont win as is.

Gasosl though?  No way, and again Pierce is the only guy that can get off his own shot with consistency.  It doesn't help this team to lose him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

U do agree we need to do something though?

I totally agree.  I was worried that I sounded like a broken record calling for a trade for a big man in my posts the last six months.  Just not Gasol.  I have come to this thought about him as this  season has progressed at 19 mil he appears to be a player who can't adjust.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Lol.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

You must not read the board much or u wouldn't ask such a silly question.  The odds of us winning a championship as constructed are not good.  If you don't believe me maybe u should check the Vegas odds.   I will watch and not give up on the team as I have for the last 30 years.  Now who would watch the Celltics play every game from Bird till know from a podunk town in Texas , never been anywhere around Boston, and give up on a season?

rite, but wat ive be en saying is this: we do need a big, but if we trade Rondo to get him we wont be title contenders unless its dwight howard. same with pierce and garnett. we need to add a big to THAT CORE to be contenders.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Rondo is up in 2 years.

Garnett is up in 2 years.

PP COULD be up in 2 years if he stays.................

what's wrong with adding Gasol (and Jamison, since we'd have to trade Green) to try to win now????????????

It it's Green, Bass and Lee for Gasol and Jamison, I say yes....they will not find a better offer Green, Bass and Lee would flourish in NOD'Antoni's system (Lee would be a great defender off the bench, better than Meeks, Blake.....or Shannon Brown)...Green and Bass, with Artest and Clark (and Howard) is a very good team.

We would have Rondo,  Bradley, Pierce, KG and Gasol.......with Barbosa, Terry, Jamison, Sully and Wilcox........I really think that team can beat MIA.......and would be around for 2 years!!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Rondo is up in 2 years.

Garnett is up in 2 years.

PP COULD be up in 2 years if he stays.................

what's wrong with adding Gasol (and Jamison, since we'd have to trade Green) to try to win now????????????

It it's Green, Bass and Lee for Gasol and Jamison, I say yes....they will not find a better offer Green, Bass and Lee would flourish in NOD'Antoni's system (Lee would be a great defender off the bench, better than Meeks, Blake.....or Shannon Brown)...Green and Bass, with Artest and Clark (and Howard) is a very good team.

We would have Rondo,  Bradley, Pierce, KG and Gasol.......with Barbosa, Terry, Jamison, Sully and Wilcox........I really think that team can beat MIA.......and would be around for 2 years!!

Doesn't Shannon Brown play for the Suns ?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

I first posted this a week ago.  Any takers yet?  Pierce is killing this team.  Tonight's game against Atlanta was yet another brutal Pierce performance.  Both he and Gasol need a change of scene.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to joel49's comment:

I first posted this a week ago.  Any takers yet?  Pierce is killing this team.  Tonight's game against Atlanta was yet another brutal Pierce performance.  Both he and Gasol need a change of scene.

No!

Pierce can waived after the season. That means the Celtics will only take a cap hit of 5m.

Getting Pau Gasol now will not benefit the Celtics salary cap-wise.

Screw the cap!  This could turn the team around NOW!

Sections
Shortcuts