Pierce is starting to worry me!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Pierce is starting to worry me!!

We all know how the Celtics handle injuries and I'm starting to think there is more to this being a heel injury. I'm thinking bone spurs.

There is history with how they allow information out about injuries and then we later find out it's much worse than we were told. He's practiced once. When did he hurt his heel?

I've just lost confidence in this medical staff to evaluate injuries or at least tell us fans what the real deal is.

I hope Pierce will be ready to go by next week or it's going to get worse.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Re: Pierce is starting to worry me!!

In Response to Pierce is starting to worry me!!:
    We all know how the Celtics handle injuries and I'm starting to think there is more to this being a heel injury. I'm thinking bone spurs. There is history with how they allow information out about injuries and then we later find out it's much worse than we were told. He's practiced once. When did he hurt his heel? I've just lost confidence in this medical staff to evaluate injuries or at least tell us fans what the real deal is. I hope Pierce will be ready to go by next week or it's going to get worse.
    Posted by BiasLewis

I agree with you on this... I don't think they are telling the truth about his injury... and how did it happen in the first place??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

He has always worried me!!! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Yes, it is a concern for sure.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

I've just lost confidence in this medical staff to evaluate injuries or at least tell us fans what the real deal is.

as an aside, i just saw where doc sez pietrus might need 10 days to strengthen his knee. bet it's longer than that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

SMH! The C's really need to stop all this secrecy and incognito injury reporting. How much of an edge are they getting by keeping injuries under wraps??

Is this really affecting how teams prepare for them?

After awhile it just starts to make your medical staff look incompetent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

It looks like Pavs vs the Heat again tonight. This should be fun to watch. Pavs it's ok to shoot or at least make a few plays while you're sucking up minutes.

Lakers & Celtics...0-2, who would've thunk it.

Oh well it's going to be a crazy season...plenty of upsets.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Maybe now we know why danny went out and paid $9mil to a guy who could play the same roles as pp...or tried to anyway.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

This is worrying me too.  These guys have so much mileage on them that they have either just lost so much (KG) or just cannot avoid minor injuries (that tend to keep them out for long periods).  Pierce has had only one practice and he's unable to play.  Seems that whatever is wrong with his heel, it's a pretty significant injury.

As for Pietrus, if Doc says 10 days, in 10 days he'll be saying another week or two.

And we all know that sooner or later, JON will all of a sudden be out for a game, two or more for an unexplained, mysterious injury.

It's going to be a crazy season.  Let's just get to the playoffs with a decent seeding.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Pierce worries me, as well, but not because I think the C's are lying or hiding something.  I just worry because he's old and ligering bone bruises can often become something more.  It can be chronic and he's already older and step slower.  I believe foot injuries can be worse than knees.  With knees, they can do surgery and then strengthen the muscles around it.  Feet are load bearing and it takes a lot to heal if its serious.  

But, many were suspicious with KG's 9 or 10 games and he was fine - Doc was just conservative with him.  On the other hand, they out and out lied or were totally imcompetent when it came to Shaq.

Let's hope this is more like KG last year and not Shaq.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Pierce is starting to worry me!!:
    SMH! The C's really need to stop all this secrecy and incognito injury reporting. How much of an edge are they getting by keeping injuries under wraps?? Is this really affecting how teams prepare for them? After awhile it just starts to make your medical staff look incompetent.
    Posted by BiasLewis

LOOK incompetent?   I think they ARE incompetent to let Danny sign a deal with JON for 2 years with knees that bad.  They , the let Danny trade Perk and Semih to count on Shaq who came back to play what...part of one game?   

I don't think Danny is that stupid - I think he counted on an incompetent medical staff.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

It's not Danny's (or Doc's) communication with the public I'm questioning. No team lets it medical staff do the talking to the public. It's the actual player personnel decisions he made with their advice that I question. Either: A. He doesn't listen to their advice and evaluations B. he listens but makes stupid decisions or C. They give bad advice I'm betting on C and that got him into trouble with JON and with Shaq. I think they listened on Jeff's initial physical and hopefully he's listening on Paul's situation.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

At least PP's not carrying 300 plus lbs like Shaq was.
    As far as the C's docs are concerned, if you want another opinion, just tune in tomorrow.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

Chill out guys. The Cs run their organization like the CIA. Everything is on a "need to know" basis. The fans are obviously not considered to be important enough to warrant total honesty. In the future, when hearing medical reports or estimated time on the shelf, use the "restaurant rule". Every time you go to a crowded restaurant and they give you an estimated wait time---you simply multiply it by two. So a 30-minute estimated wait time actually becomes an hour wait. Same thing with Celtic injury reports. Pietrus, for example, will not actually see the court until 20 days (or three weeks) based on management's estimate of 10 days. See how easy it works!

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

We're fine. Rest up "P". The team looks great. We need this experience w/o you. When the time is right, take us to the promise land because this year is about the RING only. We only need 45 games and to be healthy. Thatz it! . Right now, the FELLAZ will hold the fort down.  

We can win anywhere! 

Celtics baby! 
    Just go GREEN

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In Response to Re: Pierce is starting to worry me!!:
    You guys are worried about Paul Pierce when we have a 7-foot superstar that's not injured but plays like one. Ugh!
    Posted by Fiercest34

That is not going to go unnoticed for too long.  I really thought he'd come out ready to go but he just looks like a shell of himself.  I hope it's because it's early but I still have confidence in him.

Tonight will be a good opportunity to raise his game and show everyone he's still KG and someone you cannot sleep on.

Sections
Shortcuts