Pierce not playing tonight?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Pierce not playing tonight?

No I think he was talking about Jeff Green.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Perhaps a chance for Crawford and Williams as well.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

i was wondering if Doc was going to give Pierce and/or KG a game off over the next three games.

IF we are a serious playoff team we should be able to hnadle these teams with one out each games resting, IMO.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

well let's think about it - we have the sixth spot now and can easily stay here and play the Pacers then Knicks then Heat ... or we can stress ourselves out to win and get to the fourth spot for home court against let's say Brooklyn just to face the second round heat. Point is that we are best suited staying in the 6 or 7 spot resting our guys and readying for the playoffs and be in a position to rematch the Heat in an ECF

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

I want to give Crawford the benefit of the doubt and some time to settle in but he definitely scares me in an Alfredo Aceves kind of way. I think he's a few "bad calls" away from assaulting a ref. He seems to have literally no self-control.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to chetgnat's comment:

I want to give Crawford the benefit of the doubt and some time to settle in but he definitely scares me in an Alfredo Aceves kind of way. I think he's a few "bad calls" away from assaulting a ref. He seems to have literally no self-control.

There is a reason a team like Washington would give him up for Collins and an injured Barbosa.  they just wanted him gone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Let Garnett have the night off as well.

Good move. Hopefully they can rest Garnett against the Raptors. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Great move, it will give Green major minutes and allow the 3 new guys to play as well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Wonder if Paul has ever heard of Wally Pipp?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Good one,but Pipp wasn't a HOFer,good one though.

If we could give both of them off tonight that would be good. I think we can beat the Bobcats w/o PP or KG.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Ray Allen has heard of Wally Pipp.  And his name is Avery Bradley

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

In response to chetgnat's comment:

There is a reason a team like Washington would give him up for Collins and an injured Barbosa.  they just wanted him gone.

You might be right.  I wasn't surprised that Aceves was involved in a brawl at the WBC.  Some of my friends who are also baseball fans weren't really surprised by this. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

In response to damfuno's comment:

Once the playoffs start I believe we are going to start giving PP and KG more minutes as the rotation will shorten........

Right KG is conditioned to 5 min on and 5 minutes off........PP a few more minutes on and off.......are we doing more harm than good by giving them all this time off.......and when they start playing extended minutes will their bodies be up to it?????  We are all creatures of habit and as we age I am not sure whether we can ask more minutes of them and not have them wither....should we not start adding minutes minimally so that their bodies adjust

It's the playoffs and these guys are seasoned veterans.  They will be up for it.  They question is will the rest of the team be ready.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Should have gave Pierce the game off in OKC.  Pierce could have saved the trip for rest, and met them in Charlotte.  OKC was going to be tough to win even with Pierce.  I think you probably see the effect he has on our team.  I don't think we would have got blown out by the Bobcats with Pierce playing.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Should have gave Pierce the game off in OKC.  Pierce could have saved the trip for rest, and met them in Charlotte.  OKC was going to be tough to win even with Pierce.  I think you probably see the effect he has on our team.  I don't think we would have got blown out by the Bobcats with Pierce playing.

What the Celts couldn't afford to do was lose to OKC then lose to the Bobcats.

That's why I ragged on KG after the OKC. It was a winnable game and KG didn't deliver.

And because of these 2 losses, even the 4th seed is unlikely.

The 4th seed is still there if we take care of business.  This is really the first game we have lost since Rondo went out that we had no business losing.  The other Bobcat game was more predictable. I said earlier in the season I would rest KG and PP against the really good  teams,  the ones that would be tough to win even with them.  

I said I didn't think they would get the 3rd spot and still don't. We are still only 2 games in the loss column out of 4th. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

What the Celts couldn't afford to do was lose to OKC then lose to the Bobcats.

That's why I ragged on KG after the OKC. It was a winnable game and KG didn't deliver.

And because of these 2 losses, even the 4th seed is unlikely.

The 4th seed is still there if we take care of business.  This is really the first game we have lost since Rondo went out that we had no business losing.  The other Bobcat game was more predictable. I said earlier in the season I would rest KG and PP against the really good  teams,  the ones that would be tough to win even with them.  

I said I didn't think they would get the 3rd spot and still don't. We are still only 2 games in the loss column out of 4th. 

Brooklyn has an easy schedule from here on out.

The loss tonight puts the Celts out of the race for 4th.

It was just the last couple days you said we could get 3rd.  One loss and now we can't get 4th?

BTW  the C's schedule is not real tough.  April looks light to me.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts