Pierce on the trading block

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Re: Pierce on the trading block

In response to SeemsToMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hope it happens. Then follow that up with a Rondo for an established young rebounding center. That would be Happy Days for me.

Seems to me you should root for another team. One with players you appreciate.

[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

If you trade PP one of the alltime celtic greats and our best player for, how long, a decade...

How can a franchise, the GM or the fans expect anything like respect from the players? How can we expect KG or Pierce to play for less if we trade them at the next deadline for a younger player?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

In response to jrleftfoot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SeemsToMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hope it happens. Then follow that up with a Rondo for an established young rebounding center. That would be Happy Days for me.

Seems to me you should root for another team. One with players you appreciate.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Clever response Jr. However,if management can and does trade popular players because they believe it will improve the team I see no harm in voicing my opinion on  this matter. I have been a very loyal Celtic fan since 1950 and will mention as an example, 2 major Celtic trades.  In 1956 Auerbach traded Hall OF FAMER Easy Ed MacCauley and draft pick Cliff Hagen  for draft pick  Bill Russell.  Ainge in 2007 traded, along with others, Al Jefferson a very popular fan favorite,for Kevin Garnett. So much for team loyalty. And player loyalty went down the drain when Ray Allen bolted in 2012. So yes, even STARS get traded and sometimes CHAMPIONSHIPS result.  Loyalties be damn-- Its all part of the game.

seems  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Oh, sure.  Trade away the best and most dependable scorer for another scorer who probably won't exceed Pierce's numbers or be any more help in a championship drive.  Even a "6'11" plus", while attractive and needed, wouldn't produce the "final piece" especially if one of the current pieces is gone.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from James37. Show James37's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you trade PP one of the alltime celtic greats and our best player for, how long, a decade...

How can a franchise, the GM or the fans expect anything like respect from the players? How can we expect KG or Pierce to play for less if we trade them at the next deadline for a younger player?

[/QUOTE]

This is a business. All adults who play the game understand that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from James37. Show James37's posts

In response to painter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh, sure.  Trade away the best and most dependable scorer for another scorer who probably won't exceed Pierce's numbers or be any more help in a championship drive.  Even a "6'11" plus", while attractive and needed, wouldn't produce the "final piece" especially if one of the current pieces is gone.   

[/QUOTE]

Once again. Pierce is gone in 2 years. Either get someone who is almost as good as him now or get NOTHING for him later. Dont give me were have cap space because NO ONE is coming here as a free agent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Every GM in the league would trade Pierce to get David Lee , this guy posting about Lee being a clubhouse cancer is crazy -as is his trade proposal

If Danny Ainge could trade Pierce for not only David Lee, but also Harrison Barnes AND a #1 pick ? .............that would be one of the greatest steals in Celtics history  ,right up there with the Robert Parrish/Kevin McHale steal

It would be like when the Dallas Cowboys traded the just over the hill Hershal Walker and built the NFL Dynasty of the 1990's with all the draft picks (3 Super Bowls won because of the Hershal Walker trade)

I wonder if Golden State would even trade Bogut for Pierce straight up , think Ainge wouldn't bite on that one ? I do....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Pierce is as much a leader as KG is this year, and I don't say this lightly.  The young guys need Pierce along with KG to show them how it's done.  I've been a critic of Pierce throughout his whole carreer, but also honest about what he brings.  Pierce is a bull, and without him the Celts have no chance.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Passfirst, that seems strange coming from you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Bye Paul.  It was nice knowin ya.  Eternal thanks for 2008.  If I ever see you out and about in Boston I will always buy you a drink.  Maybe you can come back and do bad color commentary after you retire.  But yeah, you're too old and slow and selfish to help this team win another banner.  You'd be good off the bench but that's not gonna happen cause of your ego.  So, go clog up someone else's offense.  Go do the seven second iso gaffe in some other town.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know, but I'd like to think I've been fair about him while being a critic at the same time.  I've appreciated the argument you guys have made on his behalf, and pretty sure I've aknowledged the points you all have made for his sake while complaining about him at times.

More important, he's been the anchor behind the scenes for this team this year.  What he did in ATL at halftime last week.  He's necessary for this teams success, and development going forward.  Everything KG has to say to guys like Melo and LeBron only echos what Pierce will tell them too, and then back it up.  Watching these two guys take on this new generation's superstars like they are not impressed has been a privilage.  I remember when Pierce got stabbed 11 times and made it back for opening night, lost teeth in a game and kept playing.  People pass over him around the league, but only he will walk up to Artest in the finals and give him the choke sign like Maxwell did during the 80's to Magic and not be afraid, or drain the game winning three over LeBron while telling him he's his you know what.  He's the Truth.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Id be surprised if PP is traded but Danny willing to mess with chemistry, no problem (see Perk)

Maybe the right time is when we were playing like garbage... but now just seems the timing is bad unless we get a real steal.

Hope PP doesnt lose his game ala Ray Allen amidst the trade talk ( if real)... or Rondo doesnt pout for a couple months as he did with Perks move.

One thing I can say...I dont have much faith in DA's moves, generally speaking..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think trading Pierce for anyone besides Kobe or Lebron is a mistake. He is Mr. Celtic for this generation. Even K.G. is not that.

[/QUOTE]

!! forget Kobe but include KD and Blake and only if Paul decides to go home. PP IS the Celtics for my money! Less spin moves and turn overs.....he is one of the best Celtics of all time!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to passfirst's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know, but I'd like to think I've been fair about him while being a critic at the same time.  I've appreciated the argument you guys have made on his behalf, and pretty sure I've aknowledged the points you all have made for his sake while complaining about him at times.

More important, he's been the anchor behind the scenes for this team this year.  What he did in ATL at halftime last week.  He's necessary for this teams success, and development going forward.  Everything KG has to say to guys like Melo and LeBron only echos what Pierce will tell them too, and then back it up.  Watching these two guys take on this new generation's superstars like they are not impressed has been a privilage.  I remember when Pierce got stabbed 11 times and made it back for opening night, lost teeth in a game and kept playing.  People pass over him around the league, but only he will walk up to Artest in the finals and give him the choke sign like Maxwell did during the 80's to Magic and not be afraid, or drain the game winning three over LeBron while telling him he's his you know what.  He's the Truth.   

[/QUOTE]

+++ Nice point!

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to shines01's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bye Paul.  It was nice knowin ya.  Eternal thanks for 2008.  If I ever see you out and about in Boston I will always buy you a drink.  Maybe you can come back and do bad color commentary after you retire.  But yeah, you're too old and slow and selfish to help this team win another banner.  You'd be good off the bench but that's not gonna happen cause of your ego.  So, go clog up someone else's offense.  Go do the seven second iso gaffe in some other town.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think these comments are necessary...........he is up there with some of the greats in our history.  I don't want to "show him the door", but if he can be traded for a guy like Rudy Gay, which helps both teams going forward, then I think DA has to look at it.  Otherwise, I hope he retires a Celtic!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

I don't think these comments are necessary...........he is up there with some of the greats in our history.  I don't want to "show him the door", but if he can be traded for a guy like Rudy Gay, which helps both teams going forward, then I think DA has to look at it.  Otherwise, I hope he retires a Celtic!!

[/QUOTE]

Sorry hedley....never been a big Pierce fan.  I don't want to show him the door either, but if we can get a scorer or a big in a deal that includes Pierce, then, by all means, say goodbye.  We always note this is a business first.  Been nice knowin ya.  I lost respect for him after the Jamaal Tinsley incident which cost us a playoff series and it hasn't really come back since.

shines

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

I lost respect for him after the Jamaal Tinsley incident which cost us a playoff series and it hasn't really come back since.

shines

[/QUOTE]

That was 2005. In 2008, Pierce got redemption by leading the Celtics to a championship and won himself a Finals MVP trophy.

[/QUOTE]

OK...I'l go along with that for now.

Here's the point:  we need a legitimate center.  I don't care where it comes from or how we get it but we need a 5 who can move his feet on both ends.  Gortat still works for me.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I feel PP will either retire or be gone next year to play 1-2 more years. Sure, I'd like him to retire in Green but since he is from So. Cal. how about asking him if he'd like to play with the Clippers & we'd get Deandre Jordan and as much as I hate the Lakers, maybe Pau Gasol for PP. Then explore GS and I let him go for Lee.  Doesn't solve our big man problem but I'd let him go for Curry. And if they wanted Rondo, I think Curry is better so goodbye RR. 

And, of course, Sacramento & probably to Seattle, it's the west coast so maybe PP for Cousins.  Again, I know NBA is a business but ask PP if he'd mind.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts