Pierce should not have been thrown out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Pierce should not have been thrown out

Lets not overreact

Celtics were making their run but the Peirce thing was a 5 point swing

Lots of missed layups and blocked shots , 3 missed dunks too , 2 by Delonte and one by Big Baby

Jermaine wasn't a force , KG neither ,

Kristic and Green (2 nice 3pt shots) were not a factor

Big Baby was not his usual great playoff self

Delonte was not a factor - I expected to see Arroyo or even Von Wafer , someone to make a shot to end a scoring drought dead zone

We need Shaq for game 2 , game 3 may be too late

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: Pierce should not have been thrown out

By itself minus the conspiracy theories, the Pierce ejection was an overreaction by an activist ref

While Jackie McMullan writes a good piece on how Pierce should have known better.

Nonetheless, it was a TERRIBLE call.  The Wade technical was equally egregious.  I don't take time to watch Dan Crawford.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I still don't know what the whole story was on Pierce. Did he say something to the ref or Wade? Did he say anything at all? Bush league call by that offical in that atmosphere.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Pierce should not have been thrown out:
    I still don't know what the whole story was on Pierce. Did he say something to the ref or Wade? Did he say anything at all? Bush league call by that offical in that atmosphere.
    Posted by OneNation

Many of the NBA analysts said that he shouldn't have been thrown out.    This morning on Mike and Mike they also said that it was a bad call by the officials and Pierce shouldn't have been ejected.  We can only hope that the next game is officiated differently and players receive similar type of calls for their physical play.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Bad calls all game long... on the flagrants (non flagrants) and Techs.

Turned momentum each time and gifted the HEat 10+ points

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

The C's played a bad game and lost because of that, not the refs. However, Pierce should not have been thrown out. If Pierce swore at Wade why should he get thown out for that. The refs have now made this game unwatchable and have ruined the game. These flagrant fouls are ruining the game. Any fan of this game should be disgusted by what they are seeing. I have a lot more entertainment watching the NHL. At least the refs let these guys get physical. Imagine an NBA ref doing an NHL game, every player would be ejected. Looking foward to watching a real sport tonight, hockey!!!!! Go Bruins

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

i cant watch playoff basketball...the fix is in on every drive... it just depends what your name is and who they want to win...

period... its useless to watch

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Flagrant against ROndo.. all he did was bend over cause Jones jumped on his back  (+2 FT's Heat)

Flagrant on JON... yea, JON gave a minor bump to the Heat player... barely enough to call a foul, if that.. instead a flagrant  (+2 FTs Heat)

PF on Wade ramming PP on the pick.. Wade made no basketball play, instead lowered his shoulder (10x worse than JONs flagrant) and rammed into PP.. should have been a PF & flagrant on Wade... instead PP gets T'd and ejected (+ 1 FT Heat, -2 FTs Celts)

Jones clampping down on PP's shooting foul... according to the rule its according to the refs interpretation (good luck) if the contact was unnecessary.. the foul was fine but Jones slammed down both arms onto Pierce...unnecessary.. (-2 FTs Celts)

Just on the flagrants I count a 9 point swing... which doesnt even take into account the huge momentum swings it caused. Yes, the Celtics played poor but dont tell me they reason they lost had nothing to do with the refs... they might not have won but we'll never know.... cause the refs played a big enough part to make the difference.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Flagrant against ROndo.. all he did was bend over cause Jones jumped on his back  (+2 FT's Heat) Flagrant on JON... yea, JON gave a minor bump to the Heat player... barely enough to call a foul, if that.. instead a flagrant  (+2 FTs Heat) PF on Wade ramming PP on the pick.. Wade made no basketball play, instead lowered his shoulder (10x worse than JONs flagrant) and rammed into PP.. should have been a PF & flagrant on Wade... instead PP gets T'd and ejected (+ 1 FT Heat, -2 FTs Celts) Jones clampping down on PP's shooting foul... according to the rule its according to the refs interpretation (good luck) if the contact was unnecessary.. the foul was fine but Jones slammed down both arms onto Pierce...unnecessary.. (-2 FTs Celts) Just on the flagrants I count a 9 point swing... which doesnt even take into account the huge momentum swings it caused. Yes, the Celtics played poor but dont tell me they reason they lost had nothing to do with the refs... they might not have won but we'll never know.... cause the refs played a big enough part to make the difference.
    Posted by Karllost

Great points.  The elite players definitely receive the benefit of the calls in the NBA.  Having two elite players on Miami definitely doesn't help the Celtics.   Wade and LeBron will always have the benefit of the calls in this series.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from docplaster. Show docplaster's posts

Pierce got caught up in the exact think that I stated before the game that the Celts should do; get the three superstars in foul trouble. Regardless of who was at fault, Pierce is a veteran and should know that the Heat's players would attempt to intimidate the Celtics-Pierce fell for it. He needs to remain calm and play basketball not basketbrawl.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from donquique. Show donquique's posts

Honestly, I did not think the Celtics played that bad. Looking at it positively, it took a wade 40 point effort and Jones playing out of his mind for the Heat to beat the Celts. I agree, this game should have been closer if it wasn't for poor officiating. The Celtics will be fine. they played bad and they were in it at the end. Nothing wrong with that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from njcelt. Show njcelt's posts

There are alot of celtic haters out and you got to believe some
    of them wear pin stripes. Joe crawford and Dan crwaford being two.
    Take last years championship final for example. Do you think if it
    was Lebron James or Kobe Bryant they would have been tossed.
    No way.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Maybe Doc needs to get Tee'd up so the players dont..  An entire game of bad reffing (mainly the flagrants, both called & not & Techs) and comes a point no man can hold it in.

Doc maybe should blow his stack, get a T&  let some steam off for the team.

Gotta feeling if Pierce even looked crosseyed at Jones or anyone else, Malloy was gonna run him... cause thats what happened in the Wade incident..

Oh Pierce taunted Wade? lol he called him a bad word or something?? Shows you Malloy was gonna get him eventually

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

Realistically speaking, pierce should not have been thrown out on the second happening. Wade gave him a good shot to the body. IMO it was wades fault.

With that said i believe he should had been thrown out on the first series again james jones because he gave james jones a head butt.

I know it was james jones with the hard foul imho but the head butt was uncalled for.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

To be honest, Pierce shouldn't have put himself in that situation to BEGIN WITH. He's the the captain of this team and has a ring already, so he should have used better judgement.

Why make physical contact with another player and risk getting a flagrant 2, or being tossed out??

It's Paul Pierce's fault if anybody's. Don't blame the refs on this one.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

In Response to Re: Pierce should not have been thrown out : Great points.  The elite players definitely receive the benefit of the calls in the NBA.  Having two elite players on Miami definitely doesn't help the Celtics.   Wade and LeBron will always have the benefit of the calls in this series.  
    Posted by susan250

The NBA was exposed by their own "elite" referee a couple of years ago... he was really loud about the fix being in and need for reform. He had been taking bribes and theowing games for years. NBA officials should be subject to peer review on the game altering calls like tossing Pierce. If they are reversed after the fact that they wrongly altered a game, thay ought to be replaced the next game. NO EXCEPTIONS. Celts played better than the score indicates and Rondo, JON and Paul were just robbed. Miami has the best team and best officials money can buy. I saw several techs/ flagrants not called on Miami.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

Realistically speaking, pierce should not have been thrown out on the second happening. Wade gave him a good shot to the body. IMO it was wades fault. With that said i believe he should had been thrown out on the first series again james jones because he gave james jones a head butt. I know it was james jones with the hard foul imho but the head butt was uncalled for.
    Posted by Wade3

Pierce touched him with his nose, thats an "in your face" not a headbutt OR a hard collision like Wade clearly gave Pierce to cause the ejection. You are lying.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

In Response to Re:  You are lying.
    Posted by DeweyCBoston

No im not im sure there would be even celtics fans that would agree with me on this.

Unless you have your green coloured glasses on all the time and don't take them off.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

To be honest, Pierce shouldn't have put himself in that situation to BEGIN WITH. He's the the captain of this team and has a ring already, so he should have used better judgement. Why make physical contact with another player and risk getting a flagrant 2, or being tossed out?? It's Paul Pierce's fault if anybody's. Don't blame the refs on this one.
    Posted by Waynestarr

Well there is a celtics fan without the coloured glasses on. I agree 100 percent.

The captain of a team should be an example.

IMO this happenning would not had any effect on the game anyways because pierce was having a not so good game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

Although his presense on the court does help. A lot!

I meant he didnt had his game going last night like he almost always does.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from docplaster. Show docplaster's posts

Although his presense on the court does help. A lot! I meant he didnt had his game going last night like he almost always does.
    Posted by Wade3

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from docplaster. Show docplaster's posts

You can be assured that whatever the competition, they weren't playing for big money.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

You can be assured that whatever the competition, they weren't playing for big money.
    Posted by docplaster

HU?

They already got big money. Im sure they would give some of that money for another championship and a nice shinny ring.

And that goes for both the heat and the celtics.

PS. These players are wealthy beyond anything we can imagine. Actually too rich....There is people starving all across the world as we know.

PS2. Lebron james before he even played a single pro basketball game when he first started...Already had a 100 million contract with nike i believe it was.

thats more than a doctor that saves lives is going to make his entire career....Better put....10 thousand times more.

Trust me this is not about money. This is about winning a championship.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

After dribbling the ball off his leg twice early in the 1st quarter (he actually set the pace for a bad Cs day) and then getting himself thrown out the game....it's safe to say he was pretty much responsible for the Cs demise yesterday.

It would be nice to see Doc go ballistic sometimes to send the officials a message that he's not tolerating their crap....he's to appeasing. The officials have no fear of reprisals so they call anything on the Cs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

He should have been ejected for the head butt. and he should have been suspended for the next game, period.

Sections
Shortcuts