Pierce should not have been thrown out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

Re: Pierce should not have been thrown out

Let's face it, Pierce got pinched for being the jerk he always is. Refs are human and got tired of his bs. remember, the Cs almost traded him ahile back for this same boorish attitude.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"..the fix is in on every drive... it just depends what your name is and who they want to win...... its useless to watch"

could you please stop watching then and stop posting here? Anyone with any sense could tell that the Celts were outplayed that game. It happens. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Crazy that Pierce gets jumped around the neck by Jones and takes a football shoulder block by Wade and Pierce gets ejected. I watched the replay where Pierce gets ejected. Wade thrusted his shoulder forward before any contact. That is an ejection if you ask me. Wade was definitely going after Paul's second T without a doubt. And he got it. The C's somehow were still in a game with poor play from Rondo, KG, and Big Baby. Game 2 will surely be different. The C's play smarter, run the ball harder and win game 2 by 8 points. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

In Response to Re: Pierce should not have been thrown out:
    [QUOTE]Flagrant against ROndo.. all he did was bend over cause Jones jumped on his back  (+2 FT's Heat) Flagrant on JON... yea, JON gave a minor bump to the Heat player... barely enough to call a foul, if that.. instead a flagrant  (+2 FTs Heat) PF on Wade ramming PP on the pick.. Wade made no basketball play, instead lowered his shoulder (10x worse than JONs flagrant) and rammed into PP.. should have been a PF & flagrant on Wade... instead PP gets T'd and ejected (+ 1 FT Heat, -2 FTs Celts) Jones clampping down on PP's shooting foul... according to the rule its according to the refs interpretation (good luck) if the contact was unnecessary.. the foul was fine but Jones slammed down both arms onto Pierce...unnecessary.. (-2 FTs Celts) Just on the flagrants I count a 9 point swing... which doesnt even take into account the huge momentum swings it caused. Yes, the Celtics played poor but dont tell me they reason they lost had nothing to do with the refs... they might not have won but we'll never know.... cause the refs played a big enough part to make the difference.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Great post and all correct! Wade is the one who should have been tossed. I'm amazed that not one of the three announcers had the balls to say it. He lowered his shoulder and ran right into him. I'm still amazed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

[QUOTE]"..the fix is in on every drive... it just depends what your name is and who they want to win...... its useless to watch" could you please stop watching then and stop posting here? Anyone with any sense could tell that the Celts were outplayed that game. It happens. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Outplayed.....yes. Lots of teams get outplayed and still win. If you don't think officials can't set tones in basketball games you are very incorrect. Rondo to the bench with three fouls? You think that had anything to do with it? As for the 3 major sports in this country, basketball is the one you can infinetly change at any moment with foul calls. The two shot intentional on JO but not on Wade? Did that have any bareing? Yes, it is crying and whining but in basketball, I find it too be true about officiating.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpbncb. Show rpbncb's posts

PP should know better! He's supposed to be the leader of this team. Did he really think the Celtics  wereb going to get any of the close calls? He and KG need to show up and play. When is KG going to man up and play down low, in the so-called paint? If he can't take Bosh to school down low, maybe it's time to retire! PP will be fine, just got caught up in the moment. Go Celtics!!!   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

[QUOTE] The two shot intentional on JO but not on Wade? Posted by terrrapin[/QUOTE]

How about the one where wade drove in ,,shot ,made the shot ,and jermaine just fell back.........Which was definetely a bluff........

They called a offensive foul on dwayne wade.

Refs were just been refs like they always are. They are human and make mistakes. It goes both ways.

As far as the pierce tantrum he should not had tried to act tough in the first pace. Just play the game.

1. The first time against james jones it was pierces fault to act tough and throw a head butt.

2. The second time it was dwayne wades fault. IMO he didnt deserved to bethrown out there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

[QUOTE]"..the fix is in on every drive... it just depends what your name is and who they want to win...... its useless to watch" could you please stop watching then and stop posting here? Anyone with any sense could tell that the Celts were outplayed that game. It happens. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY.

I get so tired of the lame referee excuses and conspiracy theories. If they REALLY feel that way, why watch and follow the NBA?? It seems the Celtics can do NO WRONG in this world sometimes.

The fact is, they played like CRAP and Miami played well. They are one of the best defensive teams in the league some people forget.

I just get tired of the constant whining when the C's lose. Maybe it's time for some people to follow another sport.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

First, the Celtics played the worst game of the year, and deserved to lose.

With that being said, the referee crew for the first game should be suspended for the entire play-offs.

Wade flagrantly fouled Rondo, and did a Kevin Mchale to Kurt Rambis style head swipe that sent Rondo to the floor...no flagrant?

Jones did not go for the ball and jumped on Pierce...no flagrant?

Jones runs into Jermaine, he reacts, and then Jones flops and it is a flagrant?

In a world of star calls, I guess stars expect star treatment. After all, does anyone ever give foul number six to star players? From that perspective Pierce was daring the referees to make the call, expecting them to back down.

However, in a fairly called game, Pierce should have been ejected. I have no problem with Pierce being ejected, in fact, I wish all referees had the gumption to eliminate star calls. What I have a problem with is that the game calling in general was a travesty.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

jones runs into Jermaine, he reacts, and then Jones flops and it is a flagrant?

Jermayne oneal clearely did the same move he did on the last game of the season against lebron and got caught for it again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

i told you jermaine oneal played for the heat and when he doesnt get his way he starts with the little tantrums.

He is a bust IMO. Too old.

a healthy shac is your only hope. Hopefully we can play haslem and dampier if shac comes back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhajra. Show dhajra's posts

I am always surprised that in nearly every Miami game I watch, King James gets up in a ref's face -- and one can only imagine what he is saying -- yet he never gets called on it.  He did it again yesterday.  Just saying.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

A. ive never seen a flagerant foul called when someone is shooting a jumper...as well as james jones was holding pierce's back so that he wouldnt fall...it was a hard playoff foul and no more
    B. pierce should have been ejected for his little head-butt
    C. no one knows what pierce said to wade and if it was a taunt of some sort, you get ejected, simple as that and its a rule that everyone must obey...no one is above taunting

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I would like to know what head-butt everyone is talking about.  I saw Pierce - who today is an IDIOT, just for the record- stick his nose on Jones' nose.  I saw Jones move his head to get out of the way, and Pierce put his nose in Jones ear and call him a female dog........I saw no head-butt!!

PP is our captain and leader and REgardless should not have reacted the way he did, but it was not a head-butt.  It was an IDIOT thinking he's back in the hood.  This already happened in 2005, and he should have learned.  I will love PP again when he hits a game -winner in Game 2, but today, he is an IDIOT..  you don't get thrown out of a 7 point game with 7 mins to go.......it's the PLAYOFFS Paul - get it together!!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillyBoy111. Show WillyBoy111's posts

Pierce played stupid, and stupid pays a price. In this case, though, the price was paid by the team.

Which is to say - we STILL may have won, IF the horrendous play of earlier in the game had evened out, and IF Pierce's OWN play had continued to improve.
    The Celtics, however, could NOT overcome the hole created in their offense by Pierce's ejection.

As far as whether or not he should have been thrown out, that's what a 2nd T means, so the question is moot - and because I don't subscribe to any conspiracy theories regarding refs, BOTH T's were warranted.

Grow UP Paul

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]Flagrant against ROndo.. all he did was bend over cause Jones jumped on his back  (+2 FT's Heat) Flagrant on JON... yea, JON gave a minor bump to the Heat player... barely enough to call a foul, if that.. instead a flagrant  (+2 FTs Heat) PF on Wade ramming PP on the pick.. Wade made no basketball play, instead lowered his shoulder (10x worse than JONs flagrant) and rammed into PP.. should have been a PF & flagrant on Wade... instead PP gets T'd and ejected (+ 1 FT Heat, -2 FTs Celts) Jones clampping down on PP's shooting foul... according to the rule its according to the refs interpretation (good luck) if the contact was unnecessary.. the foul was fine but Jones slammed down both arms onto Pierce...unnecessary.. (-2 FTs Celts) Just on the flagrants I count a 9 point swing... which doesnt even take into account the huge momentum swings it caused. Yes, the Celtics played poor but dont tell me they reason they lost had nothing to do with the refs... they might not have won but we'll never know.... cause the refs played a big enough part to make the difference.

I'd add another awful call. Dwayne Wade drives to the basket into a set Big Baby. Not much contact because Wade has such great body control, but baby flops and goes down. Call on baby, for an and one. That should have been a no call. Yeah baby may have flopped a bit because the force of the contact wasn't much but there was contact and he was set, meaning it's either a charge, or more failrly a no call. It is not a foul on baby. The day just went that way. 

I'm not going to blame the refs, they were bad and didn't help, but the Heat really did play a better game. Maybe without the bad calls this thing goes down to the wire and we have a chance, but I think it was most likely their night. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adelie. Show adelie's posts

I was going to write something in here till I read your comment and now I don't need to. Well said on all counts! Celts played like crap but still would've been right there at the end for a chance to pull out an ugly win if not for the terrible refs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pierce should not have been thrown out : I'd add another awful call. Dwayne Wade drives to the basket into a set Big Baby. Not much contact because Wade has such great body control, but baby flops and goes down. Call on baby, for an and one. That should have been a no call. Yeah baby may have flopped a bit because the force of the contact wasn't much but there was contact and he was set, meaning it's either a charge, or more failrly a no call. It is not a foul on baby. The day just went that way.  I'm not going to blame the refs, they were bad and didn't help, but the Heat really did play a better game. Maybe without the bad calls this thing goes down to the wire and we have a chance, but I think it was most likely their night. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]
    the play you are talking about, the foul was called on ray allen for reaching in, not baby for flopping(which he clearly did)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pierce should not have been thrown out : I'd add another awful call. Dwayne Wade drives to the basket into a set Big Baby. Not much contact because Wade has such great body control, but baby flops and goes down. Call on baby, for an and one. That should have been a no call. Yeah baby may have flopped a bit because the force of the contact wasn't much but there was contact and he was set, meaning it's either a charge, or more failrly a no call. It is not a foul on baby. The day just went that way.  I'm not going to blame the refs, they were bad and didn't help, but the Heat really did play a better game. Maybe without the bad calls this thing goes down to the wire and we have a chance, but I think it was most likely their night. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Can't blame the refs or injuries....that would make us lakers fans.........CAN blame Pierce for being an idiot!!  May he come through for us next game

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I thought it was 2005 all over again!!  There's a reason this happens to pierce and not a player like Ray Allen!!!  IDIOT would be a good place to start!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from geneb81. Show geneb81's posts

Are they too old?

Only time will tell. The Cs have their professional skills and savvy like no one else in the NBA. If they hang tough- the way I expect them to tonight-the advantage will once again swing thier way. The old guys know that its this time or no more. Every other club is inawe of them, gets edgy when they are on their game. Its not maic or mirrors; ther is something about knowing how to win, about using skills and strengths you don't even know about because they are so instinctive.
    Go Celtics.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Reffs give 10 points to the Bulls, Lakers, and Heat.  The Hawks and Mavericks overcame the calls and the Celtics did not.  NBA would like to see a Rose and Wade series and they would love to see a Heat and Laker finals.  Celts can overcome this, they have in the past many times, Celts in seven.

Sections
Shortcuts