Pierce to play in Europe...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Pierce to play in Europe...

...after he retired from the NBA. 

Paul Pierce told CSN New England that he wants to finish his playing career in Europe once his NBA days are done. Pierce signed a deal this summer to play three more years as a Celtic, with an option for a fourth. That means he would be age 36 or 37 when he went to play in Greece or Italy. "As far as retiring from the NBA, I think I will be done after this contract because eventually I want to go overseas and play and live for a couple of years. That's why this is a big contract for me, knowing I'm going to retire a Boston Celtic. I want to go to either Italy or Greece for a year. I think I want to be able to bring my family over to just kind of share a different experience overseas for a couple of years, before I settle into retirement." CSNPhilly.com

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Pierce to play in Europe...

The best part of that article is that the 4th year of his contract isn't guaranteed.  The roster will have been completely turned over by the time that 4th year comes around, and I can't imagine why Pierce would stay. 

I think its a good thing that he would come over to Europe to play. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

In Response to Re: Pierce to play in Europe...:
    The best part of that article is that the 4th year of his contract isn't guaranteed.  The roster will have been completely turned over by the time that 4th year comes around, and I can't imagine why Pierce would stay.  I think its a good thing that he would come over to Europe to play. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn

Hopefully he comes to belgium , get our nationality and then we finaly got a wing to go alongside our dominant center.... DJ Mbenga Undecided

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Unfortunately I won't be seeing him in Edinburgh any time soon. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

Pfffft...who does pierce think he is? A global icon like KB24? Puhleeeease! Hello wheelchair. Stick to boston loser, leave the international stuff to the true giants not wannabe's like yourself mr *one title.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Pfffft...who does pierce think he is? A global icon like KB24? Puhleeeease! Hello wheelchair. Stick to boston loser, leave the international stuff to the true giants not wannabe's like yourself mr *one title.
    Posted by KB24RULZ

Okay bandwagon fan

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Pierce to play in Europe... : Hopefully he comes to belgium , get our nationality and then we finaly got a wing to go alongside our dominant center.... DJ Mbenga 
    Posted by MichBelgium

Yeah, for your sake Mich, I hope he ends up on the Belgique Celtics.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Posted by KB24RULZ

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In Response to Re: Pierce to play in Europe... : Hopefully he comes to belgium , get our nationality and then we finaly got a wing to go alongside our dominant center.... DJ Mbenga 
    Posted by MichBelgium

Paul is a good guy and would fit in well in Belgie! I lived there for a while and thouroughly enjoyed it!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

I'd rather have some fun seeing how he's doing in Europe after his ability has declined, would be fun to see, and less tragic than watching him wilt as a former NBA has been clinging to what once was.  nice that he wants his kids to have the experience too.  good for him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Posted by KB24RULZ

Such as Josh Childress? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Referring to Bryant as KB24 makes him sound like either a cleaning product or a robot from Star Wars.

I'm surprised more NBA players don't go to Europe to play full time. They would be earning Euro's and there is no salary cap over there. Level of competition may not be as good and it's not 'home' but the financial rewards are massive.

If I were Pearce I'd choose Italy. Has the best food in the world and the culture and history there are unbelievable. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Referring to Bryant as KB24 makes him sound like either a cleaning product or a robot from Star Wars. I'm surprised more NBA players don't go to Europe to play full time. They would be earning Euro's and there is no salary cap over there. Level of competition may not be as good and it's not 'home' but the financial rewards are massive. If I were Pearce I'd choose Italy. Has the best food in the world and the culture and history there are unbelievable. 
    Posted by RUWorthy

Well yeah I totally agree.

I think he'll go to greece or Italy. Probably to Italy because the econimics in Greece aren't what they once were. He's so totally right. Before settling why just not go to a warm country, enjoy the sun, food and culture there for a couple of years  while earning money and then return to his home.

Sections
Shortcuts