Pierce

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pierce

Pierce has been exposed by the way, did you see the film on Comcast of him getting beat on the crossover last night?  Over and over again he is getting beat this season and they showed it falling all over the floor.  Pierce is an albatross around this team's neck.  Doc won't sit him and keep him at twenty five minutes, if he plays well Pierce goes to 35 to 40 minutes. Pierce is the offense, it runs through him and the team loses because no one has the offensive mindset to take over like he does. The thing is he can't do it anymore. This is why we are struggling so mightily. The only excuse is injury and I don't he is, unless old age is an injury.  We don't have anyone to pick up the slack he left.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Pierce

In a one on one situation, most NBA players can make another look bad on occassion. I dont think last nights sweet, low ball cross over means much...

I do agree PP is not what he was but thats asking alot... Hes in the twilight age wise and has been a tremendous player for the Celtics... but its Doc calling the shots. Dont blame PP for father times influence, Doc has a bench if he wants to use it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Pierce has been exposed by the way, did you see the film on Comcast of him getting beat on the crossover last night?  Over and over again he is getting beat this season and they showed it falling all over the floor.  Pierce is an albatross around this team's neck.  Doc won't sit him and keep him at twenty five minutes, if he plays well Pierce goes to 35 to 40 minutes. Pierce is the offense, it runs through him and the team loses because no one has the offensive mindset to take over like he does. The thing is he can't do it anymore. This is why we are struggling so mightily. The only excuse is injury and I don't he is, unless old age is an injury.  We don't have anyone to pick up the slack he left.

You know that Pierce is not one of my favorite Celtics, but it's not his fault that he is the teams best scorer, and arguably still our best player. It's hard to sit him when the guy taking his place is not as good as Pierce still is!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

You know that Pierce is not one of my favorite Celtics, but it's not his fault that he is the teams best scorer, and arguably still our best player. It's hard to sit him when the guy taking his place is not as good as Pierce still is!!

That's my point we are sunk.  There is no scorer on the team but Pierce.  And he can't do it anymore.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

My question is WHY the H3ell he was down there that low focusing on the ball?? Thats the 1st rule on defense.  Dont watch the ball, watch the waist. To me, that is more alarming than him not being able to take a game over. Its natural for your skills to diminish over time(btw, I disagree that he cant takeover anymore) but its unusual for a defensive guy like PP to resort back to high school ways of falling over his feet trying to reach at the dancing ball. That was pathetic and JJ was chuckling on his way back. Im more concerned with our lack of defensive intensity rather than taking games over.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:

Joe Johnson should have been arrested for abuse of the elderly after what he did to Paul last night. I guess Kris Humphries should have been arrested too.

ROTFLMAO!!!

Have a very blessed day!

On the topic of someone who should be arrested, the person who told Pau he could sing should be locked-up immediately!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLXSSP6Ujwg

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Paul sprained his ankle in pre season. And, instead of making him heal up by not playing for 2 weeks; they let him be iron man and play through it. But older men don't heal up like when they were in thier 20s and guess what he's slow, no lift, etc. In preseason he was much faster and had great lift before he got hurt. So, that's what macho athletes do, but at some point a coach has to tell him to rest his ban ged up ankle and get better.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to futbal's comment:

Paul sprained his ankle in pre season. And, instead of making him heal up by not playing for 2 weeks; they let him be iron man and play through it. But older men don't heal up like when they were in thier 20s and guess what he's slow, no lift, etc. In preseason he was much faster and had great lift before he got hurt. So, that's what macho athletes do, but at some point a coach has to tell him to rest his ban ged up ankle and get better.

Is this what you are going with?  Do you need a lifeline??  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[/QUOTE] You know that Pierce is not one of my favorite Celtics, but it's not his fault that he is the teams best scorer, and arguably still our best player. It's hard to sit him when the guy taking his place is not as good as Pierce still is!!

[/QUOTE]

Best player?  NO!  Best shooter, yes.   Player denotes shooting, dribbling, passing, defense, etc.   Paul is NOT our best player any longer, just our best shooter.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

PP has lost a step or two, no doubt. BUT hes still our best scorer.

He did get  schooled by jj on that one play, that happens when u play top nba scorers tho. PP has schooled a few himself. Whats the alternative jeff green? Please!! even tho jgreen is in his prime hes still  not half the player PP is right NOW. PP is the last guy im worried about on this team. He gets his.  19pp 5rpg 3apg with shooting splits of 41/42/87 ill take those numbers all day. His fg% is down but thats to be expected with him carrying more of a load this year till new guys get acclimated.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:

PP has lost a step or two, no doubt. BUT hes still our best scorer.

He did get  schooled by jj on that one play, that happens when u play top nba scorers tho. PP has schooled a few himself. Whats the alternative jeff green? Please!! even tho jgreen is in his prime hes still  not half the player PP is right NOW. PP is the last guy im worried about on this team. He gets his.  19pp 5rpg 3apg with shooting splits of 41/42/87 ill take those numbers all day. His fg% is down but thats to be expected with him carrying more of a load this year till new guys get acclimated.

The problem is PP can't do it night in night out.  Every two or three games he can't play well and we lose.  He is now a three point shooter and should be coming off the bench playing  twenty five minutes.  The solutions for us are not simple.  As Fierce has been saying this team needs another star player.  I did not feel this until recently. It may be with Bradley back and some tweaking off the roster we rebound and play better. Right now I see us as about a .500 team, it does not mean that we can't come back and play like last year however. Just realize PP is three point shooter who no longer shots at the elbow and take people into the basket effectively.  He also may be hurt chronically.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I just dont think PP is the problem. Our defense and rebounding is. And paul is still doing both of those well and scoring at a high clip.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

Are you talking about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlImpMQd2b4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyhhrB9XLV0

I have to admit: it's very painful to watch...And yes, Pierce needs to come of the bench and let JG try to find his game...I don't think he can do it with Pierce still trying to be the man. 

To be honest...I hope Pierce gets traded to a contender because I don't think this team is going anywhere, and it's unfair that Pierce, now in his twilight years, has to go through another rebuilding, or retooling-- whatever you call it.  Get out of there Paul, do the smart thing like Ray.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:

In response to gman101019's comment:

I just dont think PP is the problem. Our defense and rebounding is. And paul is still doing both of those well and scoring at a high clip.

Not totally true.

Pierce can't drive to the basket with authority anymore. The last 2 seasons, he's been more of a shooter than a scorer. But there's nothing wrong with that as everybody gets old at some point.

The solution is to get another scorer/star player. Easier said than done, but it is what it is.

Only Bill Russell, Kareem, and MJ led their teams to a championship at age 35 or older. 

Whatabout Wilt the Stilt?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I just hope Pierce's ankles can hold up for the entire season after seeing this...

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/video_jameer_nelson_breaks_paul_pierces_ankle_into_a_million_pieces/12305239

ROTFLMAO!!!

Hope all is well!

His ankles are holding up better than the mental state of audience members at Gasol's most recent concert! 

Sing it Pau: "where did I go wrong (other than picking up the mike)"

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

I just hope Pierce's ankles can hold up for the entire season after seeing this...

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/video_jameer_nelson_breaks_paul_pierces_ankle_into_a_million_pieces/12305239

ROTFLMAO!!!

Hope all is well!

His ankles are holding up better than the mental state of audience members at Gasol's most recent concert! 

Sing it Pau: "where did I go wrong (other than picking up the mike)"

What about Paul's knee? That fall really looked devastating. 

:D

Did somone mention devastating!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts