In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I just hope Pierce's ankles can hold up for the entire season after seeing this...

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/video_jameer_nelson_breaks_paul_pierces_ankle_into_a_million_pieces/12305239

ROTFLMAO!!!

Hope all is well!

[/QUOTE]

His ankles are holding up better than the mental state of audience members at Gasol's most recent concert! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLXSSP6Ujwg

Sing it Pau: "where did I go wrong (other than picking up the mike)"

[/QUOTE]

What about Paul's knee? That fall really looked devastating. 

:D

[/QUOTE]

Did somone mention devastating!

[/QUOTE]

You should probably stay more up to date my friend. The Lakers are 6-4 since.

Hope all is well!

[/QUOTE]

Don't take my word for it! Read what the most interesting man in the world has to say:

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Pierce

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Almost 9am Pacific time. Bloopy-GK has to go to work.

No work, no eat. Right, Bloopy-GK?

[/QUOTE]

Man he is around more than enough.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to futbal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Paul sprained his ankle in pre season. And, instead of making him heal up by not playing for 2 weeks; they let him be iron man and play through it. But older men don't heal up like when they were in thier 20s and guess what he's slow, no lift, etc. In preseason he was much faster and had great lift before he got hurt. So, that's what macho athletes do, but at some point a coach has to tell him to rest his ban ged up ankle and get better.

[/QUOTE]

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/video_jameer_nelson_breaks_paul_pierces_ankle_into_a_million_pieces/12305239

I am not sure if this game was in the preseason, but it definitely did some major damage to Paula's ankle.

ROTFLMAO!!!

Have a very blessed day!

[/QUOTE]

PJ gives Bryant a facial!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOKlVenKBBE

ROTFLMAO

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Paul sprained his ankle in pre season. And, instead of making him heal up by not playing for 2 weeks; they let him be iron man and play through it. But older men don't heal up like when they were in thier 20s and guess what he's slow, no lift, etc. In preseason he was much faster and had great lift before he got hurt. So, that's what macho athletes do, but at some point a coach has to tell him to rest his ban ged up ankle and get better.

[/QUOTE]

I am not sure if this game was in the preseason, but it definitely did some major damage to Paula's ankle.

ROTFLMAO!!!

Have a very blessed day!

[/QUOTE]

this is too easy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC4HN8tNrnI

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I just hope Pierce's ankles can hold up for the entire season after seeing this...

ROTFLMAO!!!

Hope all is well!

[/QUOTE]

His ankles are holding up better than the mental state of audience members at Gasol's most recent concert! 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nash gets schooled by Rondo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opB-QlJNMOg

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

ROTFLMAO!!!

Hope all is well!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow even the Beiber made Nash look old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJCZY3u8DR8

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

[QUOTE]

Hope all is well!

[/QUOTE]

doesnt look too well for gashol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWVhw9-TRds

ROTFLMAO!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is this what you are going with?  Do you need a lifeline??  

[/QUOTE]

He's trying to play through an (ankle) injury as he often has done before but it's not working because he is too old to heal up (while playing) as he was able to do in his youth. If you knew more about the Celtics and basketball in general you might understand this and see it on the court as I do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is this what you are going with?  Do you need a lifeline??  

[/QUOTE]

He's trying to play through an (ankle) injury as he often has done before but it's not working because he is too old to heal up (while playing) as he was able to do in his youth. If you knew more about the Celtics and basketball in general you might understand this and see it on the court as I do.

[/QUOTE]

No, thats not the case at all mr. futbal. Let me try to say this as nice as possible. Just because i dont agree with your theory, please dont get personal and try to question my b-ball knowledge or what have you. I was born in raised in Boston and have been able to watch both the Larry Bird era and this era of K.G. and the boys. Im 36 y/o and I have played ball my whole life and still play. Im coaching a game tommorow at 11, all be it 4th graders but please dude. What you are seeing is Fine, but I dont think you are in a position to grade how good or bad PP's ankles are. If he chose to be a hero and play through an injury, than thats on him. Ive never heard of a coach making his star player play in meaningless  preseason games with an injury just because....now if he wanted to, who's fault it that??? Exactly so Im supposed to give him a pass?? I think after last year EVERYONE should have undertood the importance of offseason, training, conditiong, etc. Also your thoery doesnt explain how PP has had good nights and bad nights. His inconsistency is more to due with age, IMO and me being a ball Player can attest to that. Some days I feel fine, others I wake up with my knee clicking when I walk( I had patella tendon surgery 5 years ago) and some days I feel great. PP is just experiencing what all Star players go through at some point and he needs to adjust his game to his new/old body like MJ did and get back to posting up and stop trying to get by peoople cuz he was never Fast as you pointed out, never mind earlier this year. Thanks your your input.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

TripleOG, I agree with you.

First off, where is it that PP is suffering from an ankle injury?  There is nothing I've seen to suggest that he isn't healthy.  Other than the incident in preseason when Pierce tweaked his ankle BUT RETURNED TO THE GAME, I honestly don't know why talk about his ankle is even relevant.  He's slowed considerably because he's old!  Wasn't quick or fast in the first place either.

However, Pierce is not getting exposed defensively.  Yes, he has slowed down a bit evidenced by the grabbing and holding fouls (lack of foot movement), but two crazy ankle-breaking crossovers (Jameer Nelson-a quick PG and Joe Johnson) over the past week doesn't equate to Pierce being exposed defensively.

Gerald Wallace was 2-10 in the Nets game and that was Pierce's man.  Johnson was 4-7 in the second half but that is not evidence that he torched Pierce.  And simply put, Pierce's technique defensively sucked when he fell trying to guard him.  He was totally off balance just as Johnson made his move right.  It was no doubt funny though.

During that game, the only thing Pierce did not do well is shoot the basketball (perimeter, attacking the rim or FT).  He had 9 rebounds and 7 assists and got embarrassed on one Johnson crossover.  That is far from proof of his ultimate demise.  He's got to find a way to be more productive offensively because it's obvious he can no longer consistently do it attacking the rim or getting his shot off at the elbow.  I believe he will find that way!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

trolls that are "good" at what they do don't repeat the same post over and over again like you do. you are terrible at trolling.

ROTFLMAO!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pierce last night against the Trailblazers looked bad with five turnovers and a continuing ability to have trouble getting off shots from the elbow to the basket.  He was at the two for awhile and looked better but Portland was out of the game at that point.  His play is a real concern.  If Green could start it might change things but Doc will never do it. It will be interesting to see how Paul responds tonight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

from Rotoworld, "Paul Pierce (ankle) is good to go Wednesday against the Spurs, according to Doc Rivers." I've read plenty of other posters who don't let facts get in the way of thier opinions. So, I won't expect an acknowledgement of any kind if he's moving better later in the year and starts hitting his elbow jumper. By the way, other than paying attention to the news, another way I can tell he's not right is that his shot is flat likely because he can't plant right and push off to get some elevation.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

First off, where is it that PP is suffering from an ankle injury?  There is nothing I've seen to suggest that he isn't healthy.  Other than the incident in preseason when Pierce tweaked his ankle BUT RETURNED TO THE GAME, I honestly don't know why talk about his ankle is even relevant.  He's slowed considerably because he's old!  Wasn't quick or fast in the first place either.

However, Pierce is not getting exposed defensively.  Yes, he has slowed down a bit evidenced by the grabbing and holding fouls (lack of foot movement), but two crazy ankle-breaking crossovers (Jameer Nelson-a quick PG and Joe Johnson) over the past week doesn't equate to Pierce being exposed defensively.

Gerald Wallace was 2-10 in the Nets game and that was Pierce's man.  Johnson was 4-7 in the second half but that is not evidence that he torched Pierce.  And simply put, Pierce's technique defensively sucked when he fell trying to guard him.  He was totally off balance just as Johnson made his move right.  It was no doubt funny though.

During that game, the only thing Pierce did not do well is shoot the basketball (perimeter, attacking the rim or FT).  He had 9 rebounds and 7 assists and got embarrassed on one Johnson crossover.  That is far from proof of his ultimate demise.  He's got to find a way to be more productive offensively because it's obvious he can no longer consistently do it attacking the rim or getting his shot off at the elbow.  I believe he will find that way!

[/QUOTE]

Excellent post Petey.  Glad I am not the only one that sees it this way.  Last nite Batum,  the highly thought after free agent went like 1-11 against Pierce.  Pierce had his to's which I wish he would cut down on but other than that it was another solid game just like most of the others he has played. If I remember correctly the same old jabber was going on last year when he started off hurt,  not in good shape.   I also remember him outplaying Johnson in the playoffs last year, then outplaying Iggy.  Lebron, no, but who outplays him.  For those that need facts please look up the stats from last years playoff run. 

Seems I also remember later someone getting player of the month award last year.  I don't think it was Rondo, KG, or Ray.   Sure sounds like someone that can't play any more doesn't it?

Trust me,  he will get better as the year goes along.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Excellent post Petey.  Glad I am not the only one that sees it this way.  Last nite Batum,  the highly thought after free agent went like 1-11 against Pierce.  Pierce had his to's which I wish he would cut down on but other than that it was another solid game just like most of the others he has played. If I remember correctly the same old jabber was going on last year when he started off hurt,  not in good shape.   I also remember him outplaying Johnson in the playoffs last year, then outplaying Iggy.  Lebron, no, but who outplays him.  For those that need facts please look up the stats from last years playoff run. 

Seems I also remember later someone getting player of the month award last year.  I don't think it was Rondo, KG, or Ray.   Sure sounds like someone that can't play any more doesn't it?

[/QUOTE]

I hope you are right that PP starts to play better.  If you consider me one of the posters who is on him please understand my point that by being the focal point of the offense his poor play recently severely impacts the team.  It is why they have been losing the games they have lost recently.  He is 35 and a fall off is expected but that is why the future of this team hangs in the balance. If  he can't do it anymore who will?  I don't see anyone else unless it is Jeff Green. He however is light years apart from PP who would shoot if he was out there at 75.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I hope you are right that PP starts to play better.  If you consider me one of the posters who is on him please understand my point that by being the focal point of the offense his poor play recently severely impacts the team.  It is why they have been losing the games they have lost recently.  He is 35 and a fall off is expected but that is why the future of this team hangs in the balance. If  he can't do it anymore who will?  I don't see anyone else unless it is Jeff Green. He however is light years apart from PP who would shoot if he was out there at 75.

[/QUOTE]

Focal point?  That is without questioin Rondo.  No one said Pierce was a superstar but he is far from the problem with us losing.   I am all for trading him if we get value back but I doubt it at this time. To blame him because we can't rebound or keep anyone from driving the lane is not right.  He has been one of our better defenders.  You think him getting to the line is the problem?  Heck I want Green to play more and be productive.  I would like Pierce to be around 30 minutes a nite.  OK after Pierce you tell me what our problem is.  I would like to hear that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Focal point?  That is without questioin Rondo.  No one said Pierce was a superstar but he is far from the problem with us losing.   I am all for trading him if we get value back but I doubt it at this time. To blame him because we can't rebound or keep anyone from driving the lane is not right.  He has been one of our better defenders.  You think him getting to the line is the problem?  Heck I want Green to play more and be productive.  I would like Pierce to be around 30 minutes a nite.  OK after Pierce you tell me what our problem is.  I would like to hear that.

[/QUOTE]

The problem is bigger than Pierce.  We need a big man to go with KG.  You know that. Green is not going to be the guy you want unless Pierce plays less than thirty minutes.    Rondo handles the ball but Pierce when is  in there he gets the ball from him.  Terry gets very few shots and KG defers to Pierce.  Pierce in my opinion looks to have really fallen off.  If you think he looked good last night we just disagree.  He flat out is not effective on offense way too many nights. If he plays well tonight great but it is on him to carry the  load because he gets the minutes and the ball(shots) most of the time on offense.  If you don't think he looks to be a poor ball handler this season, what can we talk about? I hope  you are right and I am proven wrong.  

Sections
Shortcuts