Pierces airplane takeoff & midcourt bow lol

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Pierces airplane takeoff & midcourt bow lol

If it was someone else doing that to the Celtics, Id be rippin him right now. In fact, I used to hate Pierces big mouth about being the greatest blah, blah blah.

But now Ive come to enjoy it, laugh at the balls he has. The guy puts it out there, puts all this pressure on himself.... and he delivered last night.

Dont know why but I was laughing last night watching him circle MSG looking for flight clearance to land... then taking the bow at midcourt reminded me of TO when he did it to the Cowboys.  

Funny stuff, at least for now.... hope he can keep backing up the ego

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Re: Pierces airplane takeoff & midcourt bow lol

Karllost, I do not agree with you.  I did not like the bow.  Oh, I loved the airplane celebration after the big shot.  But the bow was unnecessary.

Here's how I see it.  Pierce spoke out and laughed at the notion of this being a rivalry.  AND HE WAS RIGHT!  This "aint" no rivalry so let's not ACT like it is and validate it after winning the game by acting like it was bigger than it really was.

Pierce hit a great shot but after all that played out after the shot (a timeout followed by Amare's shot and the eventual ruling that it was after the buzzer), the game's over and we won.

I EXPECTED the Celtics to win.  Let's walk off the court like we KNEW we were supposed to win.  What do we need to bow to the crowd at midcourt for?  We don't bow at Staples after a win.  We don't bow at Miami after winning there.  What's so big about a win in New York?  We've been winning there for years and will continue to win there.

New York is playing much better but we don't need to celebrate and take bows for beating THEM.  He showed just how much the "Truth" hurt on his shot over Amare.  That's enough.

We're champions.  We've been there before.  We've won games against upstarts before who THOUGHT they were there.  No need for bows.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Like I said, you don't get stabbed 11 times for no reason. 

On the basketball court Pierce is a pure scorer. Inside, outside, mid-range, left and right, there's not a spot on the court where Pierce can't score from.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

The airplane landing was fine but nate was out of control and almost hurt himself bad. we don't need him breaking his wrist too because he jumps on someone and misses. lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Pierces airplane takeoff & midcourt bow lol:
    The airplane landing was fine but nate was out of control and almost hurt himself bad. we don't need him breaking his wrist too because he jumps on someone and misses. lol
    Posted by 003323344

Always a bad thing when you jump without a parachute before the airplane lands. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

Karllost, I do not agree with you.  I did not like the bow.  Oh, I loved the airplane celebration after the big shot.  But the bow was unnecessary. Here's how I see it.  Pierce spoke out and laughed at the notion of this being a rivalry.  AND HE WAS RIGHT!  This "aint" no rivalry so let's not ACT like it is and validate it after winning the game by acting like it was bigger than it really was. Pierce hit a great shot but after all that played out after the shot (a timeout followed by Amare's shot and the eventual ruling that it was after the buzzer), the game's over and we won. I EXPECTED the Celtics to win.  Let's walk off the court like we KNEW we were supposed to win.  What do we need to bow to the crowd at midcourt for?  We don't bow at Staples after a win.  We don't bow at Miami after winning there.  What's so big about a win in New York?  We've been winning there for years and will continue to win there. New York is playing much better but we don't need to celebrate and take bows for beating THEM.  He showed just how much the "Truth" hurt on his shot over Amare.  That's enough. We're champions.  We've been there before.  We've won games against upstarts before who THOUGHT they were there.  No need for bows.
    Posted by Petey62
    Who cares if he bow or if he didnt bow??who the heck cares really?i didnt care,.i was so happy for pp,he deserved to celebrate,he just hit the big shot so why not right??and now,your so cocky so confident that they will win last night with no sweat?to tell u and im pretty sure u were nervous as i was.the game really tight,i thought they would lose becuz NY was on fire but thank god to our CPP he took us home once again,so for me?i dont mind the bows,knicks fans deserve to witness the TRUTH.so plz if players does the bow or the dancing after the win,plz let them be.they deserve it. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Posted by 003323344

Nate out of control???
    When did this start?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Celts were missing Perk, Shaq, JO, Delonte, and had Rondo out there with 2 injuries (that hamstring which still isn't right and the ankle he turned).  With all that, they won with Ray Ray draining critical 3's and Paul's heroics.   Why not celebrate??!!   If we had done this at full strength, then I could agree we would be validating them, but in this case - I actually think the Knicks had the advantage (we having so many injuries and playing in the Garden when they were pumped).  And we still won!

I say - celebrate, Paul.   The Truth Hurts!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

And yes, Nate was an idiot for that out of control exuberance!   Just silly.  Doc wasn't happy with him as we could see from the look on his face.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxRock1. Show SoxRock1's posts

Act like you've been there before.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Nate was a riot trying to jump on Pierces back and falling head over heels. LOL

He didnt get hurt so its not a big deal. These guys do lots worse during games to get hurt.

As far as expecting the Celtics to win that game, I must admit I wasnt as confident as you. Seemed to me most everything was going Knicks way. The 3 ending the first half... the bucket gallo got (3 pt play) to answer Rays 3 was a prayer.. Many other shots that fell for the KNicks all night were strange.. and of course, the refs were doing their thing as well... especially when Ray got clobbered going to the hoop..

I had a bad feeling on the last play of the game.. thankfully Amares shot was late but I think if Pierce or anyone else got close to him, the whistle was gonna blow. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Act like you've been there before.
    Posted by SoxRock1

I generally agree with this sentiment, particularly when it's December and you're playing a team you should beat. The circumstances of the shot maybe warranted a little excitement, but Pierce was over-the-top . . .  and Nate is just an idiot.

Oh well . . .   that's the NBA.

Its Ham-tastic!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I love Pierce sticking it to road crowds in NY or LA when he can. Yes you would hate him if he was not on your home team but he is on your home team.  The Celtics should be strutting around, the league keeps preferring the Heat and the Lakers when right now the Celtics are the better team.  Without any major injuries we will be the best for the whole year and playoffs as well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I think Pierce does it to draw attention to himself... hes certainly got a huge ego so it makes sense.   I had fun with it... Not saying it was right or wrong but it amused me.

Last year I woulda said the opposite. Dont know, maybe Im getting more melo in my later years. In any event, Pierce has set the stage for a "rivalry" and if the Knicks wind up beating us in TD, well, I wonder what they'd have in store for us when the final horn blows.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-M-ANDERSON. Show I-M-ANDERSON's posts

Pierce, you're a scorer and thank goodness you wear kelly green so well!!!  Nate, hopefully the skull hitting the hardwood shook you up abit.  Stop being ridiculous, the Celtics want you around they like your energy and shot making ability.  I would suggest to MSG personnel that they get a better clock person!! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

This kind of celebration is already in Stern's xmas list.
    Soon, he will ban it like the football dance celebration...you watch!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

the guys are on an 11 game win streak..fighting thru injuries and finding ways to come thru in the clutch..so they are happy..at least they are showing emotion which is what was lacking last yr when injuries starting creeping up. and nate is..nate. lol i was laughing wen he fell over but i agree hes gotta be careful he doesnt hurt himself lol

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Sometimes PP speaks and acts to prematurely. Remember last year "we ain't coming back" to LA. The year before last it was something else (slipped my mind)

He almost looked silly when Amare hit the shot. I thought circling the arena was funny but ah if he can back it up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

i was laughing wen he fell over but i agree hes gotta be careful he doesnt hurt himself lol

Well, Nate is short, compact & built low in the ground. This guy is like a rubber band. He will not get hurt.

Oh I heard Nate is half half?  any truth?
    half black half asian (Filipino). he has ton's of energy...but sometimes out of hands.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

go-to-guy and Karllost, I was confident (not cocky) that we'd win the game before it started because these are the games that the Celtics "show up for" and perform.

Deep in the 4th quarter, I felt we'd win then too because it seemed that EVERYTHING went right for the Knicks throughout the game.  I felt that all we needed to do was make one or two decisive defensive stands.  And when Ray nailed the 3-pointer, I felt we had them.

Celtsfan4life, this type of game did not suit Shaq or JON or Perk's strengths so I think with the players we had yesterday (I would have loved to add Delonte), I felt we were still the better team.

It took huge games from Gallinari, Chandler and Felton but I simply felt we were just better and would eventually prevail.  That's how we've always been with so many teams who step up their games to play us.

I was on the edge of my seat with the back and forth but I believed WE'D make a defensive stand before the Knicks would and THAT would be the difference.  When it's crunchtime, the chances for error are greater with Gallanari, Chandler and Felton than with Pierce, Ray and KG.  I just believed that! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

It was nice of him to take his talents to the big apple.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

i was laughing when he did it. the way new york was acting i welcomed him to do it, give them some of there medicine. surprised he didnt get t'd up though.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Pierces airplane takeoff & midcourt bow lol : I generally agree with this sentiment, particularly when it's December and you're playing a team you should beat. The circumstances of the shot maybe warranted a little excitement, but Pierce was over-the-top . . .  and Nate is just an idiot. Oh well . . .   that's the NBA. Its Ham-tastic!
    Posted by p-mike

LOL, well said

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from majorUpside. Show majorUpside's posts

I think he's playing great this season but that victory lap was absurd.  It was showboating, not celebrating.  He looked like a fool... acting like they just won the championship after saying the Knicks were not even a rival.  It was horrible karma and I'm sure it's 90% of the reason Amare's shot went in... thankfully after the clock ran out.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

In Response to Re: Pierces airplane takeoff & midcourt bow lol : Touche....I understand they are entertainers....but jeez...
    Posted by jallen3531

Pierce has always been kind of a punk.  But he is our punk.

Sections
Shortcuts