Pietrus logging close to same minutes as Bradley??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

Pietrus logging close to same minutes as Bradley??

I am kind of perplexed by this. Yes, Bradley might be nicked up but pretty much all Pietrus has done is shot three pointers. His defense is not significantly better either. He is also looking over his shoulder at Ray also. I think Doc has mishandled the kid so far in the playoffs. He took two shots last night. Now, he has lost his comfort zone. Am, I off base on this one?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

Re: Pietrus logging close to same minutes as Bradley??

Bradley is too little to guard Joe Johnson. That's the reason for less minutes

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

It does not matter, both of them were helpless to the team in the whole series!!

Pietrus got to learn how to shoot short jumper other than shooting 3's all the times!!  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

It's not always the coach's fault it a player doesn't play well. Why is it that if a player doesn't do well at the professional level, it's because he's not properly handled or motivated? Maybe he just is getting his butt kicked by a bigger player who happens to be an allstar (Johnson)! Pietrus is bigger and stronger and since Johnson is their main guy, we need pressure on him. Also, Bradley is new to this level of pressure and competition. He'll be fine long term but right now, he's not handling it well. He'll learn, but we can't afford losses while he learns so reduced minutes until he's more consistent is ok with me. I give him a pass - he's young and learning.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Pietrus logging close to same minutes as Bradley??":
    It does not matter, both of them were helpless to the team in the whole series!! Pietrus got to learn how to shoot short jumper other than shooting 3's all the times!!   Posted by GoUconn13
    Or MP has to drive more. Agree that he's an erratic 3 point shooter.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

its simple...when they switched Joe Johnson to SG...Bradley is simply too small to guard him. Johnson is much taller, and frankly wider and stronger.  Pietrus is a physical defender and Doc probably wanted him to beat up Johnson a little bit. It actually worked, what Doc wasnt counting on is for Horford to play as well as he did....he was the main difference in this game, that and Rondo firing up bad jump shots all night.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In Response to Re: Pietrus logging close to same minutes as Bradley??:
    Against Atlanta Pietrus should be starting.
    Posted by Kirk6

Are you serious?

MP had zero points twice in this series along with just two points for the other game!!!  

He just simply stunk!!!  Either he playing like he is so inexperience for the post season or he just stunk!!

I would rather to play alot of minutes for 50% healthy Ray Allen or Paul Pierce over MP!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Avery should be playing more time no matter what the height of Joe Johnson.  Pietrus is just not contributing on offense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Pietrus logging close to same minutes as Bradley??":
    Avery should be playing more time no matter what the height of Joe Johnson.  Pietrus is just not contributing on offense. Posted by concord27
    So just ignore a matchup nightmare and let the guy kill your player all night long? If Bradley is scoring or otherwise adding value, he can offset the advantage Johnson has over him. But, Bradley is hurt and just not yet stepping up when defenses are more focused (the easy baskets are gone now my friend!). So, he deserves less minutes until he plays better.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

How long will it take for Doc to figure out that Pietrus is a waste. If bradley is having trouble, start Ray, play Pav, Dooling is having a good series, give him more minutes. Pietrus never needs to be on the court, except in the lay up line in practice!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Pietrus and Bass have been underwhelming to the max. Bass has been average on offense and laugable on defense. Pietrus has been ok on defense and putrid on offense. Bass is the guy really pissing me off. He should be good for like 10-15 points 6-10 boards. Instead he isn't scoring well and his guy on D is exploiting him so bad.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

A factor in the PT decisions may be the health of the players on the roster. Ray Allen is playing with bone spurs in his ankle and Bradley is toughing out a shoulder issues.

Particularly in Bradley's case I am guessing that his shoulder is an issue even though the Johnoson match-up is not a favorable one for him. Johnson was not lighting Avery up at any point last night.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Based on their play this year, I'd rather see sasha out there than peitrus.  Sometimes I think doc promises players a certain role to get them to sign.  And probably, he's a man of his word.  But I think sasha has been much better this year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Time to finish this series off.  I think Ray needs to start, Bradley off the bench with Pietrus for energy.  Ray played most of the game, anyway, and Bradley can play both guard spots!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In Response to Re: Pietrus logging close to same minutes as Bradley??:
    Avery should be playing more time no matter what the height of Joe Johnson.  Pietrus is just not contributing on offense.
    Posted by concord27

and if i was the Atlanta coach, i would post Johnson all night long, until you made the change to ray allen or Petrius...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9HAOamii9c
    only Q and Petriues and maybe Allen are effective, but Allen is hurting..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Peitrus is playing more because of Bradleys shoulder. I like Mike but he hasn't hit squat in this series.

Sections
Shortcuts