Pin this one on Doc

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Pin this one on Doc

I think Doc is a creature of habit.  Ray and PP have won most of the close games over the last three years.  I do agree with you today you could see the energy was with the bench.  Also Marquis has proven he may be the guy to bring the ball up rather than Nate with Rondo out.

Doc was off today and I bet he knows it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

It's hard to blame this game on Doc. He could've done things down the stretch but you have to give it a few games to see how guys react to bigger roles. He NEVER expected BBD to take a ill-advised 3. Harangody will be better next game. They lost by 2 points so give Doc a few games to see what he's working with. Guys can't start playing outside themselves.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Pin this one on Doc:
    [QUOTE]It's hard to blame this game on Doc. He could've done things down the stretch but you have to give it a few games to see how guys react to bigger roles. He NEVER expected BBD to take a ill-advised 3. Harangody will be better next game. They lost by 2 points so give Doc a few games to see what he's working with. Guys can't start playing outside themselves.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Pierce and Allen both have to start being the scorers we need.  We need 20 plus out of each every game.  Both of them need to be more selfish.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I'm not sweating this loss one bit.  And that goes double for the next one.
    The C's have so many holes in their lineup and bench at this point, they should change their name to the Swiss Cheese Celtics for the next month.
    Go with the flow people.  It is what it is.
    I hope Doc loosens up with it and if games are lost (and they will be) uses the games to develop the bench.
    Things will get better.
    The cavalry's coming.
    Just going be awhile.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Actually, if there's anything I'm sweating, it's reading any more of Celticboy11's ramblings. Hahaha.
    Happy New Year, everyone.  You too, Celticboy11.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Breaktime has the right idea somewhere down the line this team is going to be fine.  More than fine as in championship.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

funny how wanna be fans beating doc's head this time.
    Have not heard someone chopping his head when they are streaking 14 games.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Doc has committed all those Turn-overs.  He missed all those shots.  Bull!

Davis was BAD.  Pierce was WORSE.  Nate is a joke as a PG.

PP had 6 T/O's yesterday and 5 T/O's the game before.  Add 5 T/O's a couple of games before that.

We had 2 games in a row with more T/O's than Assists.  UGLY

If either Delonte or Rondo were available  =  Wins not Loses.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Doc has committed all those Turn-overs.  He missed all those shots.  Bull! Davis was BAD.  Pierce was WORSE.  Nate is a joke as a PG. PP had 6 T/O's yesterday and 5 T/O's the game before.  Add 5 T/O's a couple of games before that. We had 2 games in a row with more T/O's than Assists.  UGLY If either Delonte or Rondo were available  =  Wins not Loses.
    Posted by CaptChris[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about Rondo or Delonte.  We really need one or both of them back soon.  The Celtics really struggle when Nate is trying to be a point guard.
    He tries, but just isn't very good at this position.  Not that Pierce or Ray are any better.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

If Doc left the bench in and they lost the game while Paul and Ray sit on the bench, Joel would say "Pin this one on Doc"!   Doc did what the coach was supposed to do:  go with his strengths.  

The real dumb moves were by BBD.  Yesterday was NOT his best day to put it mildly.  He shot more than Ray and Paul and he took a critical 3 instead of working it to Ray or Paul.....just dumb.

Paul and Ray, especially Ray, need to be more aggressive and selfish while others are out of the lineup.  

Oh well, we know we'll have some losses like this until we get some players back.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Some are expecting PP to do too much. He's got to be the leader, he's got to score, he's got to play PG at times. When you have Rondo and KG out it makes it easy for teams to focus and shift double teams towards PP. RA is trying to handle the ball more which is disasterous. Just think if PP and RA were out, some would say KG needs to step up. It's makes is so easy for another team when you have 2 starters out. No one is game planning for Nate, BBD or Shaq.
    Just be glad PP and RA are still fairly healthy and it stays that way.

Give Doc a break at this point for 40% of his rotation to be in street clothes and still have a chance to win the game...actually they blew the game, is amazing. He can't put Nate in the doghouse right now and he has to play JON, he definately doesn't want to give Harangody those minutes but he has no choice with those decisions.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Some are expecting PP to do too much. He's got to be the leader, he's got to score, he's got to play PG at times. When you have Rondo and KG out it makes it easy for teams to focus and shift double teams towards PP. RA is trying to handle the ball more which is disasterous. Just think if PP and RA were out, some would say KG needs to step up. It's makes is so easy for another team when you have 2 starters out. No one is game planning for Nate, BBD or Shaq. Just be glad PP and RA are still fairly healthy and it stays that way. Give Doc a break at this point for 40% of his rotation to be in street clothes and still have a chance to win the game...actually they blew the game, is amazing. He can't put Nate in the doghouse right now and he has to play JON, he definately doesn't want to give Harangody those minutes but he has no choice with those decisions.

Hey you're contradicting what your best friend celtsboy11 is saying. He said Doc is a fraud and should be fired. I thought both of you agree on everything, what gives?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Some are expecting PP to do too much. He's got to be the leader, he's got to score, he's got to play PG at times. When you have Rondo and KG out it makes it easy for teams to focus and shift double teams towards PP. RA is trying to handle the ball more which is disasterous. Just think if PP and RA were out, some would say KG needs to step up. It's makes is so easy for another team when you have 2 starters out. No one is game planning for Nate, BBD or Shaq. Just be glad PP and RA are still fairly healthy and it stays that way. Give Doc a break at this point for 40% of his rotation to be in street clothes and still have a chance to win the game...actually they blew the game, is amazing. He can't put Nate in the doghouse right now and he has to play JON, he definately doesn't want to give Harangody those minutes but he has no choice with those decisions.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Well, Bias, at last we find common ground.  Good post!

The only thing I might disagree with is that when one or two stars are out, the others do have to step up (along with the bench).  So, with no Rondo and no KG, I do expect Pierce's and Ray's numbers to go up.  I won't "blame" them for the loss, but I'd like to see them more selfish and shoot more.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Doc was hella mad at BBD for that ill-advised 3 point shot.  Everyone has to play within themselves.  NO HERO BALL!!!!!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Agreed.  Dumb dumb dumb shot.  I like the way Doc stared him down.  It was almost funny to see how frustrated Doc was with that dumb a-- shot.