pipe dream...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

pipe dream...

maybe a crack pipe dream...lol

if everyone was healthy, this would be a nice start...

1-rondo

2-reddick

3-green

4-sully

5-big al

6-bradley

i know we probably don't have the assets and i know i'm assuming health for rondo and sully, but that's not a bad looking first 6. i know, i know...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: pipe dream...

Reddick is pretty big for a guard, right? Can we go small with that lineup with: RR, AB, JJR, JG, AJ/JS?

This pipedream would certainly require, PP buyout, KG retirement, and a S&T with Bass, Lee, or Terry.

Might be kind of neat if Danny could pair Big Al with KG. That would require a lot of finagling though...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

the problem with bradley and rondo on the floor together is that neither is a great shooter. bradley is a little better, but neither is great. i think bradley is an ideal 6th man, since he's a bit of a combo guard. not an ideal point, but he can probably handle it for short stints at non-crunch time. reddick is a natural 2. he's a spot up shooter. which is what we badly need. green is a 3, though doc likes to play him out of position at the 4. and sully and jefferson would be monsters on the glass up front. i think this would be a pretty good lineup if it could be arranged. whether it can be arranged is something else altogether.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

You call that a pipe dream?  I call that too much bad crack.

A Big Al and Sully front court would get dominated by 75% of teams in the league.  Your dream team would be slightly worse than the team we put on the floor this year.

Reach for the stars if you're gonna dream. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to kaktug's comment:

1-rondo

2-reddick

3-green

4-sully

5-big al

6-bradley

i know we probably don't have the assets and i know i'm assuming health for rondo and sully, but that's not a bad looking first 6. i know, i know...

That's very doable if Pierce gets amnestied and KG officially retires.

It's also a 6th seed at best team.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

then let's hear your somewhat realistic pipe dreams. i could have said:

chris paul

steph curry

lebron

durant

dwight howard

but i was trying to be somewhat realistic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

big al plays swiss cheese defense at the 5- the only problem with him being a main feature there

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

1-rondo

2-reddick

3-green

4-sully

5-big al

6-bradley

8th seed at best. That team will miss the playoffs.

No KG and no Pierce means no playoffs. Maybe a shot at the 8th seed, but there's no way that team is a 6th seed.

You forget that the Celtics are in the Eastern Conference and the Eastern Conference is terrible.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

1-rondo

2-reddick

3-green

4-sully

5-big al

6-bradley

8th seed at best. That team will miss the playoffs.

No KG and no Pierce means no playoffs. Maybe a shot at the 8th seed, but there's no way that team is a 6th seed.

You forget that the Celtics are in the Eastern Conference and the Eastern Conference is terrible.

Add Chris Kamen to that list and Now your starting 5 is RR, JJ, Green, Big Al and Kamen at the 5. Then your 6th and 7th are Bradley and Sully and maybe get lucky in the draft on a big.  Then you have Melo, Lee, Terry, Bass as trade bait.  Keep Williams as your backup to Rondo.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

In response to red2004sox's comment:

Add Chris Kamen to that list and Now your starting 5 is RR, JJ, Green, Big Al and Kamen at the 5. Then your 6th and 7th are Bradley and Sully and maybe get lucky in the draft on a big.  Then you have Melo, Lee, Terry, Bass as trade bait.  Keep Williams as your backup to Rondo.

Can't add Kaman if the Celts already signed Big Al and Redick. Not enough cap room.

Couldn't do it through a sign and trade?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Can't add Kaman if the Celts already signed Big Al and Redick. Not enough cap room.

Couldn't do it through a sign and trade?

Maybe. If the Mavs would accept Terry back.

As long as the Celts can convince teams to take back 1 or 2 of the 3(Bass, Lee, and Terry), the Celts will be able to do some sign and trades.

No KG and no Pierce means the Celts can get Big Al. But getting Redick would be tricky because it would require the Celts to get rid of 1 of the 3(Bass, Lee, or Terry).

So if the Celts can swap Lee for Redick, that means the Celts would have to get rid of Bass and Terry to make room for Kaman.

Depending what you get in the draft also.  You can package Melo and their 1st to move up in the draft for a big that might be able to contribute a little sooner.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

who the heck wants Kaman?

Seriously the guy can't stay on the court..always injured!

maybe for Wilcox's minimum salary spot, but thats it!

also replace redick with Belinelli please.

Let someone else over pay for Redick and then snap up the same player at a cheaper price.

I think the biggest problem Ainge may have is that finding trade partners to take bass, Terry and /or Lee may be difficult.

All three players have MULTI-YEARS left on those inflated salary's.

Terry is old

Bass and Lee are younger, but Ainge over paid, looking to put togetehr another run.

I can't see any other team in the league interested in either player, at ther current salary's, wiht the current cap constraits.

Lee might be possible to move, if someone thinks he can be a regualr starter at $5M

but bass at this point is probably only worth about $3M at best (not  $6M+) as a mrginal Starter/Back up.

gonna be ugly moving any of them to me, unless they are part of a package with someone of quality

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i'm comfortable keeping bass and lee. both are worthwhile bench players. but we HAVE to figure out a way to move terry.

KG/sully/bass is a nice rotation at the 4.

jefferson/sully/bass is a nice rotation at the 4.

a KG/jefferson combo at the 4/5 is not doable with our current cap situation. in other words, we have to be free of KG and PP to sign someone like jefferson.

as for reddick, or someone like him, reddick/lee/bradley is a nice 2-guard rotation. terry is the odd man out, who needs to be traded for extra practice balls if possible. lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Let's rebuild, no KG and Pierce with Al and Redick sounds worse than horrible.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Let's rebuild, no KG and Pierce with Al and Redick sounds worse than horrible.

no matter what, you'll have to accept the fact that we will likely be pretty bad for some time. hopefully not for too long like last time....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

This would be my pipe dream:

C:      Cousins

PF:    Josh Smith - Sully

SF:    Green

SG:   Evans - McCollum (draft pick)

PG:   Bledsoe

6th:  Bradley (PG/SG)