Pistons at Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Pistons at Celtics

Sadly I am seeing another Celtics win tonight possibly.

Should be a close one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: Pistons at Celtics

This could turn out to be a very bad win. Go Pistons!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This could turn out to be a very bad win. Go Pistons!

[/QUOTE]
    They are getting closer to the 10th pick then the 1st.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I like Hump.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Lakers won an unexpected game today, so that helps.  Detroit is a disgrace.  There is no reason that team should have only 24 wins in this conference.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

At least we've been burning through home games - 5 in a row now.  I think only 8 remaining after tonight.  I can't wait for this season to be over.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

Is Jeff Green still on the Celts? Haven't seen him lately. Oops, damn! There he is..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

Yeah...Greens dumb a arsh just fouled Josh Smith shooting a 3. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Olynk has looked like he might be a really good player as of late.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to 37stories's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Olynk has looked like he might be a really good player as of late.

[/QUOTE]  Agree. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Green and Rondo looking good!! Go Celtics!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Oly has 18 points in 15 minutes.

Sorry. My girlfriend went to Gonzaga...she never shuts up about him.

She even liked Dan Dickau

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Man this Pistons team really stinks. 

They make us look like a contender. 

Of course on the nights Jeff Green scores 25 points all is well. If someone can explain him to me that would be great. 

Meantime, you guys are right. Oly playing really well of late. He needs a freak Pervis Ellison style injury if we are going to lose some games for the lottery.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Man this Pistons team really stinks. 

They make us look like a contender. 

Of course on the nights Jeff Green scores 25 points all is well. If someone can explain him to me that would be great. 

Meantime, you guys are right. Oly playing really well of late. He needs a freak Pervis Ellison style injury if we are going to lose some games for the lottery.

[/QUOTE]

Green averages 17 a game by scoring 27 one night and 7 the next. And he does it all year long....not as easy as it sounds.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Green averages 17 a game by scoring 27 one night and 7 the next. And he does it all year long....not as easy as it sounds."

Ha you are right. His ability to balance a great night with a mediocre one is downright uncanny.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oly with 18 points.

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

in 17 minutes

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Sigh... I am not a HUGE Jeff Green fan... but time for the FACTS:

- Green has not had back to back games scoring in single digits since Dec 13th and 16th

- He has scored 17 or more points in 10 of his last 14 games

- He has scored 12 or more points in 25 of 32 games in 2014

- He has scored 21+ points 16 times this season

Green will never be the #2 player on a very good team as many here hoped. He is a third best player on a borderline playoff team and a 4th best player on a contender. He will coast on bad teams and put up 22 and 24 points games once every 2-3 games and then look disinterested and score 12 or 14 points once every 2-3 games... but in that sense he is no different from many useful starters over the years (Cedric Maxwell?).

Green has had some incredible defensive performances against LeBron and Melo these last 2 years and if this team hopes to contend by the 2016 playoffs (or does not get Parker/Wiggins) then Green deserves to be part of the future in Boston.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

One reason Green draws such ire here (I feel) is that we compare him to Paul Pierce b/c they play the same position.

The most concerning stats when it comes to Green is his only having 6+ rebounds in 20 of 62 games and 4+ assists in 5 of 62 games. Green has only had 10+ boards in TWO games this year. I get that he was never a ferocious rebounder, even as a PF in OKC, and is now a SF, and he is not a distributor type point-forward.

But he is 3" taller than Pierce, and when Pierce was the same age as Green ('05 season) he had 47 games with 6+ rebounds. FORTY-SEVEN! Including 17 with 10+. Pierce also had 41 games with 4+ assists including 14 with 7+. Green has not had ONE game this year with 7 assists.

I think Green is a solid player and in a league where the Josh Smith's get 14 million, he is paid 100% fair value at 9 million. Let's chill with all the hate.

Now if he is our 3rd or 4th best player on a playoff team in 2016, at age 29, and has a game where he goes 4-17 and has 10 points and 2 rebounds like he did vs. the Spurs a month back... we can rip him to pieces.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Sigh... I am not a HUGE Jeff Green fan... but time for the FACTS:

- Green has not had back to back games scoring in single digits since Dec 13th and 16th

- He has scored 17 or more points in 10 of his last 14 games

- He has scored 12 or more points in 25 of 32 games in 2014

- He has scored 21+ points 16 times this season

Green will never be the #2 player on a very good team as many here hoped. He is a third best player on a borderline playoff team and a 4th best player on a contender. He will coast on bad teams and put up 22 and 24 points games once every 2-3 games and then look disinterested and score 12 or 14 points once every 2-3 games... but in that sense he is no different from many useful starters over the years (Cedric Maxwell?).

Green has had some incredible defensive performances against LeBron and Melo these last 2 years and if this team hopes to contend by the 2016 playoffs (or does not get Parker/Wiggins) then Green deserves to be part of the future in Boston.

The facts also include that Green shoots 41 percent from the field and pulls down 4.8 rebounds and dishes out  1.5 assists a game in 34 minutes.

He shoots at a low percentage, doesn't rebound and doesnt pass.

Those are facts too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

[QUOTE]

One reason Green draws such ire here (I feel) is that we compare him to Paul Pierce b/c they play the same position.

The most concerning stats when it comes to Green is his only having 6+ rebounds in 20 of 62 games and 4+ assists in 5 of 62 games. Green has only had 10+ boards in TWO games this year. I get that he was never a ferocious rebounder, even as a PF in OKC, and is now a SF, and he is not a distributor type point-forward.

But he is 3" taller than Pierce, and when Pierce was the same age as Green ('05 season) he had 47 games with 6+ rebounds. FORTY-SEVEN! Including 17 with 10+. Pierce also had 41 games with 4+ assists including 14 with 7+. Green has not had ONE game this year with 7 assists.

I think Green is a solid player and in a league where the Josh Smith's get 14 million, he is paid 100% fair value at 9 million. Let's chill with all the hate.

Now if he is our 3rd or 4th best player on a playoff team in 2016, at age 29, and has a game where he goes 4-17 and has 10 points and 2 rebounds like he did vs. the Spurs a month back... we can rip him to pieces.

[/QUOTE]

Solid posts on Jeff Green.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Smith get you twice the boards, twice the assists and three times the blocks.

I don't hate Green. he is too insignificant to hate.