Pistons, Kings Revisit Josh Smith Trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Pistons, Kings Revisit Josh Smith Trade

VGoodshill @vgoodshill
    One league source tells me #Pistons are pushing to include more players in Josh Smith deal to clear roster glut. Think: Bynum, Gigi, Mitch..

VGoodshill @vgoodshill
    Source: Framework of #Pistons #Kings trade could include Smoove/Gigi/TMitch for DWilliams/Thompson, other possible moving parts #developing

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

Re: Pistons, Kings Revisit Josh Smith Trade

VGoodshill @vgoodshill
    Breaking: One league exec just suggested to me that 3rd team that #Pistons & #Kings are pitching is the Houston #Rockets. Trying to confirm.

Ainge should be in the mix for this one, I hope.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Interesting. But why would the Kings still want Josh Smith? Do they really see him as a guy who will put them over the top?  It can't be because of Rondo anymore, which is why I thought they wanted Smith in the first place.  

Rondo to Sac. doesn't work at this point because the Kings no longer have Isaiah Thomas to offer us, they don't want to give up Stauskas, and we just signed Bradley to a four year deal so McLemore doesn't make sense here anymore.  They no longer have anything to offer us that would be worth trading Rondo for.

Maybe they think D.A. Is going to sit on his hands all year and not be able to trade Rondo, then they could sneak in and steal him in Free Agency, but I don't even know how much they could offer him with Boogie, Gay, and Smith all making big $$$.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Interesting. But why would the Kings still want Josh Smith? Do they really see him as a guy who will put them over the top?  It can't be because of Rondo anymore, which is why I thought they wanted Smith in the first place.  

Rondo to Sac. doesn't work at this point because the Kings no longer have Isaiah Thomas to offer us, they don't want to give up Stauskas, and we just signed Bradley to a four year deal so McLemore doesn't make sense here anymore.  They no longer have anything to offer us that would be worth trading Rondo for.

Maybe they think D.A. Is going to sit on his hands all year and not be able to trade Rondo, then they could sneak in and steal him in Free Agency, but I don't even know how much they could offer him with Boogie, Gay, and Smith all making big $$$.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not talking about Rondo.

Maybe Ainge can trade Green or Bass, or both, if the Celts become involved.

Sections
Shortcuts