Pistons set to buy out Hamilton?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Pistons set to buy out Hamilton?

Just read it on realgm, becuase I can't get the game on TV.  They want to buy him out, and he would have to give back some of the 25 million, BUT, it says the Celtics may be ready to pounce when that happens.

Good news?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Re: Pistons set to buy out Hamilton?

I say go get him Danny! He would be ideal for the 2nd unit, and can bring much needed scoring!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

He just turned 33.  Isn't that kind of young to be playing for the C's?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

As a realistic Celtic's fan, why would hamilton go to the celtics and come off the bench for a chance at a title when he could go to dallas and take the sf spot vacant from butler's injury and start for a title contender, plus pay no state income taxes, making the vet minimum go a little further. Plus the extra minutes would inflate his states, which might lead to more $ when he becomes a free agent again at season's end. I'd love him to come to boston as much as anyone, but I don't see it happening.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd rather he play 18 mins @ SG than Nate.

Other than that I prefer a small forward who can backup Pierce and defend guys 6'8" and 6'9" Rip can't do that.

but if we can then move Nate and other pieces to get that other bench guy, sure

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I am not sure how Boston fits him in roster-wise or salary-wise, but I'd like to see him here because he would be a good fit at the 2 or 3.  I also could see him in Dallas, I think that Dallas squad is legit this year and they have a chance to come out of the west. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I hope Boston gets him...this is serious serious addition in my opinion...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

If it came down to picking boston or dallas...and all he cared about was getting another title...I think rip knows boston has a better chance than dallas...Dallas always is a let down come playoff time...and i think rip would fit perfectly with us

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Pistons set to buy out Hamilton?:
    [QUOTE]As a realistic Celtic's fan, why would hamilton go to the celtics and come off the bench for a chance at a title when he could go to dallas and take the sf spot vacant from butler's injury and start for a title contender, plus pay no state income taxes, making the vet minimum go a little further. Plus the extra minutes would inflate his states, which might lead to more $ when he becomes a free agent again at season's end. I'd love him to come to boston as much as anyone, but I don't see it happening.
    Posted by jrmccook[/QUOTE]

I agree. The most Hamilton will get from the Celtics is 24 minutes per game. With the Mavs he will be a starter and will get a lot of minutes regardless of position.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pistons set to buy out Hamilton? : I agree. The most Hamilton will get from the Celtics is 24 minutes per game. With the Mavs he will be a starter and will get a lot of minutes regardless of position.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't just count on Dallas fooling around all that much with their rotation either.  They do have a pretty good thing going already.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pistons set to buy out Hamilton? : I wouldn't just count on Dallas fooling around all that much with their rotation either.  They do have a pretty good thing going already.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but Hamilton is an upgrade as to having Brian Cardinal or DeShawn Stevenson in the starting 5. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Stevenson has been playing well, especially defensively, which the Mavs love.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Stevenson has been playing well, especially defensively, which the Mavs love.

I doubt the Mavs would pass on Hamilton, if he's available. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Pistons set to buy out Hamilton?:
    [QUOTE]Just read it on realgm, becuase I can't get the game on TV.  They want to buy him out, and he would have to give back some of the 25 million, BUT, it says the Celtics may be ready to pounce when that happens. Good news?
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

How come you can't get the game?  I thought you had league pass?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pistons set to buy out Hamilton? : I doubt the Mavs would pass on Hamilton, if he's available. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I didn't say they would pass on him, but he may not move right to the starting lineup.  Butler is also expected back for the playoffs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pistons set to buy out Hamilton? : I didn't say they would pass on him, but he may not move right to the starting lineup.  Butler is also expected back for the playoffs.

A trade would be the best option, but if the Celtics really don't want Rip's contract then let's hope, after Rip gets a buyout, he prefers going to Boston. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pistons set to buy out Hamilton? : A trade would be the best option, but if the Celtics really don't want Rip's contract then let's hope, after Rip gets a buyout, he prefers going to Boston. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Rip would give us a REAL scorer on the second team.  He would probably get more minutes that we think.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Pistons set to buy out Hamilton? : How come you can't get the game?  I thought you had league pass?
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]
    Nope, and I can't even get it on the computer now!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

That would be unbelievable.. After seing Rasheed do well here, why would'nt he come here for a ring???

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

dallas might try to get him so that we can't. would orlando or the heat want to grab him?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

If he's bought out by the Pistons and agrees to join the Celtics for the veteran's minimum pay, then we should definitely sign him. Rip can provide the offense our second unit is often lacking. It's almost like having a second Ray Allen on the team. With Marquis Daniel's health uncertain, it would be unwise to pass on Hamilton if the opportunity to sign him arose.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

What abut Troy Murphy? Heard he might be bought out all so.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pistons set to buy out Hamilton? : Nope, and I can't even get it on the computer now!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

I know all of the3 sites that I used to watch the games online are blocked. Anybody know of any online sites that allow you to watch the games online for free?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

If we get Rip...it's over!! Period! Send the O'Brien to Beantown.

A buyout and a signing would mean the only person you waive is Wafer.

West
    Nate/Rip
    Rip/PP
    BBD
    Shaq

Is a good starting lineup in the NBA. This is the kind of player we need off the bench...instant scoring. This would mean Doc has decided to go offense off the bench instead of defense. So this would exclude a Posey or Battier.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

cant JO be waived? I rather have Wafer than JO(ke)...

Sections
Shortcuts