Pistons set to buy out Hamilton?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Pistons set to buy out Hamilton?

The C's may have to be a bit heartless and buy out Marquis to creat a roster spot to fit Rip.  It's possible that Daniels might not even be able to play this year, and I think he signed  1 year offer.  Cannot imagine they trade Bradley, it's way too soon to do that.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Re: Pistons set to buy out Hamilton?:
    [QUOTE]The C's may have to be a bit heartless and buy out Marquis to creat a roster spot to fit Rip.  It's possible that Daniels might not even be able to play this year, and I think he signed  1 year offer.  Cannot imagine they trade Bradley, it's way too soon to do that.   
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about that. With Ainge, you just never know, its all business. In all fairness, that is how it should be but I wouldnt have the heart to do it if I was in his spot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMichalski12. Show JMichalski12's posts

[QUOTE]I hope Boston gets him...this is serious serious addition in my opinion...
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]Rip is not a small forward. Why on earth do people think he replaces a starting SF in the case of Dallas. I've never seen him guard opposing SF's. He a SG. He would absolutely help the bench if we cannot acquire a SF and he gets bought out.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

tompenny, you're right and that has been my concern BUT I think with his experience and scoring ability we would have to take his scoring over his defense. Quis doesn't provide the offense that Rip does. Teams don't gameplan for Quis. If Rip is put on the 2nd unit teams would have to focus on him. Right now I doubt they're worried about anyone on the 2nd unit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

The Celtics should trade for Hamilton. It's the only way to ensure that he comes to Boston. Jermaine O'Neal, Marquis Daniels, and Nate Robinson for Hamilton works out salary-wise. The Pistons would make the deal because O'Neal and Robinson both come off the books a year earlier than Hamilton. Sweeten the deal with a draft pick, if necessary.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

looks like Murphy is going to Orlando which is really interesting..Bass has been playing excellent when healthy...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I agree we can't take on that $12M in trade. No way they want our junk.

The Bulls would be ideal for him. Bogans just isn't cutting it at the SG position.

This is why I said 3 things have to happen to get Rip
    A buyout
    A bidding war
    Is he willing to come off the bench

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I think he is willing to come off the bench, I mean the guy has hardly played  this year..I think that being a Bull wont make the Bulls any better!  Bulls are actually good just as they are! It would be like overdoing it..same with Troy in Orlando, the team is overdone. But Rip would def make a difference in Boston more than in the other teams that he could land.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Well true, an upgrade to Bogans but starting with:

Carlos Boozer
    Luol Deng
    Kurt Thomas
    Derrick Rose 

He is not going to get the touches!! and speaking of playing more but doing less..remember, Rip is a scorer, he is a spot up shooter..Luol is that as well and Derrick likes to keep the ball in his hands.. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

reminder that Rip is owed not only the pro rated balance on this years contract which works out to about $5 million, but he is also owed $12.5 mil next year and $9 mil in 12-13.
    So Heddy, you are saying that the Pistons, a team in the midst of an ownership change, is going to buy out a player due over $26mil??
    When are you going to understand the NBA? And when are you going to realize that REALGM needs to put out drivel to keep dupes like you coming back? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]reminder that Rip is owed not only the pro rated balance on this years contract which works out to about $5 million, but he is also owed $12.5 mil next year and $9 mil in 12-13. So Heddy, you are saying that the Pistons, a team in the midst of an ownership change, is going to buy out a player due over $26mil?? When are you going to understand the NBA? And when are you going to realize that REALGM needs to put out drivel to keep dupes like you coming back? 
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

Of course, there would have to be some compromise on Rip's part.  Because not just RealGM, but also:

Richard Hamilton will have to be willing to give back a significant portion of the two years, $25 million owed him to get a buyout on his contract. Sources said the Celtics still remain intrigued with Hamilton as a scorer off the bench. Yahoo! Sports - from Hoopshype

and:

Rumors: Bulls and Celts targeting same guys  from ESPN

or this:

http://lakers.topbuzz.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-42433-view-previous.html

or:
    http://prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16757169

IT'S TRADE SEASON oh Mr. I-think-I-know-more-than-I-do-by-a-mile!!

RUMORS are everywhere-  YOU are of the opinion we should not do anything.

YOU are in the minority. Danny has done something every year.  Personally, I think Anthony Parker or Shane Battier are coming, but many people want Rip.  Whoever it is, in Danny We Trust.

And stop with the insults, it won't make me go away, and it makes you look like you're losing the argument!!

Which you are!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pistons set to buy out Hamilton? : Of course, there would have to be some compromise on Rip's part.  Because not just RealGM, but also: Richard Hamilton will have to be willing to give back a significant portion of the two years, $25 million owed him to get a buyout on his contract. Sources said the Celtics still remain intrigued with Hamilton as a scorer off the bench . Yahoo! Sports  - from Hoopshype and: Rumors: Bulls and Celts targeting same guys   from ESPN or this: http://lakers.topbuzz.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-42433-view-previous.html or: http://prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16757169 IT'S TRADE SEASON oh Mr. I-think-I-know-more-than-I-do-by-a-mile!! RUMORS are everywhere-  YOU are of the opinion we should not do anything. YOU are in the minority. Danny has done something every year.  Personally, I think Anthony Parker or Shane Battier are coming, but many people want Rip.  Whoever it is, in Danny We Trust. And stop with the insults, it won't make me go away, and it makes you look like you're losing the argument!! Which you are!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    I'm not arguing Heddy. I am just waiting until the deadline to call you out for believing and regurgitating the nonsense! Rather than copy and paste, have a thought of your own that is somewhat intelligent. Or if you must copy and paste, think about it and see if it makes any sense?
    Battier is making #7.3 mil. Nate is making $4.2 mil. Who do the C's even have to include in the trade to match salary?
    This is what I mean by you don't even think about what you are posting.
    I am not insulting you, I am telling you the truth, perhaps the truth is insulting?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pistons set to buy out Hamilton? : Of course, there would have to be some compromise on Rip's part.  Because not just RealGM, but also: Richard Hamilton will have to be willing to give back a significant portion of the two years, $25 million owed him to get a buyout on his contract. Sources said the Celtics still remain intrigued with Hamilton as a scorer off the bench . Yahoo! Sports  - from Hoopshype and: Rumors: Bulls and Celts targeting same guys   from ESPN or this: http://lakers.topbuzz.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-42433-view-previous.html or: http://prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16757169 IT'S TRADE SEASON oh Mr. I-think-I-know-more-than-I-do-by-a-mile!! RUMORS are everywhere-  YOU are of the opinion we should not do anything. YOU are in the minority. Danny has done something every year.  Personally, I think Anthony Parker or Shane Battier are coming, but many people want Rip.  Whoever it is, in Danny We Trust. And stop with the insults, it won't make me go away, and it makes you look like you're losing the argument!! Which you are!
    Oh, and Heddy btw...do you really see Rip at 33 years old and no future contract in the NBA in sight, "compromising" to the tune of $10-12mil for a buyout?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

is tayshaun getting bought out? i rather him..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pistons set to buy out Hamilton? : I'm not arguing Heddy. I am just waiting until the deadline to call you out for believing and regurgitating the nonsense! Rather than copy and paste, have a thought of your own that is somewhat intelligent. Or if you must copy and paste, think about it and see if it makes any sense? Battier is making #7.3 mil. Nate is making $4.2 mil. Who do the C's even have to include in the trade to match salary? This is what I mean by you don't even think about what you are posting. I am not insulting you, I am telling you the truth, perhaps the truth is insulting?
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

So, where are you on the Tracy McGrady trade thread?  Where are you on the Troy Murphy thread?  Do you plan to "call out" those people as well?  I fail to understand why you single me out, when there are MANY others doing the same thing.  Battier would be perfect for this team and Nate, Daniels and Bradley work by the way.  So does JON and Daniels.  Or get a third team involved.  Have you chastised EVERY person who has a trade idea??  WHEN I see that you have, I will cease to take it personally.  Otherwise, as the great Monty Python skit demonstrated, you are NOT arguing, you are contradicting and saying the same thing over and over again.  We GET it, you don't want to do anything.  You arrogantly think we are okay as we are.  Tell me, DR, is Daniels going to play again this year?  If so, when?..........................

While we wait for your answer, the rest of us will just have some fun trying to get players and play GM.......Houston is looking to trade, they have said they would even take on salary to try to make the playoffs.  We probably can't get Battier, who is their leader, and a starter.  But it is fun to see what everyone thinks.

How about the "Melo to the Celtics" thread.  Have you commented on that one?  So, let's be clear here.  YOU have a personal "thing" for attacking me and no one else.  YOU offer nothing in return but a future "I told you so."

If you don't agree with the crux of a thread, stay off of it.  But to single me out is truly insulting to my intelligence.  So, leave me alone - or go pick on EVERYONE else that is excited about the rumors.  I prefer option 1, if you don't mind!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Seems everyone is talking about rumors except rkarp:

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b8dfj

so, karp, where is your nonsensical rant about the possible buyout of Tayshaun Prince - he makes more than Rip.................where is it??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pistons set to buy out Hamilton? : So, where are you on the Tracy McGrady trade thread?  Where are you on the Troy Murphy thread?  Do you plan to "call out" those people as well?  I fail to understand why you single me out, when there are MANY others doing the same thing.  Battier would be perfect for this team and Nate, Daniels and Bradley work by the way.  So does JON and Daniels.  Or get a third team involved.  Have you chastised EVERY person who has a trade idea??  WHEN I see that you have, I will cease to take it personally.  Otherwise, as the great Monty Python skit demonstrated, you are NOT arguing, you are contradicting and saying the same thing over and over again.  We GET it, you don't want to do anything.  You arrogantly think we are okay as we are.  Tell me, DR, is Daniels going to play again this year?  If so, when?.......................... While we wait for your answer, the rest of us will just have some fun trying to get players and play GM.......Houston is looking to trade, they have said they would even take on salary to try to make the playoffs.  We probably can't get Battier, who is their leader, and a starter.  But it is fun to see what everyone thinks. How about the "Melo to the Celtics" thread.  Have you commented on that one?  So, let's be clear here.  YOU have a personal "thing" for attacking me and no one else.  YOU offer nothing in return but a future "I told you so." If you don't agree with the crux of a thread, stay off of it.  But to single me out is truly insulting to my intelligence.  So, leave me alone - or go pick on EVERYONE else that is excited about the rumors.  I prefer option 1, if you don't mind!
    Bye Heddy. It is no longer fun to play with you!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from VTcelts. Show VTcelts's posts

Two Uconn guys on the team?  Donny Marshall would be unbearable!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pistons set to buy out Hamilton? : Bye Heddy. It is no longer fun to play with you!
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

That's HEDLEY, and you don't have the discipline to ignore me!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Why can't the Celtics take on $12 million a year in Richard Hamilton? Sure, he'd be overpaid, but so what? Jermaine O'Neal, Nate Robinson and Marquis Daniels combined make about $12 million too. The money gets spent either way. So ask yourself this: would you rather have Richard Hamilton at $12 million, or the other three at $12 million? I'd rather have Hamilton.

As for playing time, Hamilton could get 30 minutes per game here. If Pierce plays 34 minutes a game, and Allen about 32 minutes a game, that still leaves 30 minutes for Hamilton as backup SF/SG. The Celtics could go with a 9-man rotation of Perkins/O'Neal at C, Garnett/Davis at PF, Pierce/Hamilton/Allen at SF/SG, and Rondo/West at PG. Such a team would likely win the NBA title this year. Shouldn't that be the goal? How much long-term planning should the Celtics really be doing when realistically the core outside of Rondo will be too old by the end of next season?

I say bring Hamilton on board. Win a ring now. Hopefully win another ring next year. Then worry about the future, as Garnett, Allen, and Hamilton leave or sign MLE extensions.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinnacle10. Show pinnacle10's posts

[QUOTE]As a realistic Celtic's fan, why would hamilton go to the celtics and come off the bench for a chance at a title when he could go to dallas and take the sf spot vacant from butler's injury and start for a title contender, plus pay no state income taxes, making the vet minimum go a little further. Plus the extra minutes would inflate his states, which might lead to more $ when he becomes a free agent again at season's end. I'd love him to come to boston as much as anyone, but I don't see it happening.
    Posted by jrmccook[/QUOTE]

The part about getting a little more out of the vet minimum is true, but I doubt that's on his mind if he's willing to walk away from $25 million in a buyout.  We're talking about 4 months salary at the vet minimum.  No state income tax for that short amount of time won't mean much.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

I agree that he'll likely end up on the Mavs. He can start and still play for a legit title contender which Dallas is this year. Dallas, LA or SA could come out of the West, while in the East in could be us, MIA or Chi. Also he wouldn't have much playing time when Delonte comes back seeing as he can play 1 2 or 3.

Sections
Shortcuts