1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Re: Pistons to Offer Big Baby Full MLE?

Looks like bye bye Big Baby.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Agree, someone with size

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I've always liked Maxiel!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Yeah, so?  The Pistons will still stink, Baby will continue to be deluded into thinking he should be a starter, and Boston will have an open slot. I've liked G. Davis since LSU, but his maturity has stuck on 17. When and if he grows up, he might realize what he has to offer and be happy with that.  He can't jump, over- confident of his shooting prowess, and gets "confused" by his role. Huh? He's a small PF who's supposed to play D and rebound; everything after that is gravy, but get the first two done! I wasn't aware that a player gets confused if he starts or subs. If the better player ahead of him can't go, he does. If the better player ahead of him can play, he'll sit until otherwise asked to do something else. Where's the confusion? It's not like Doc told him to play point.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Pistons to Offer Big Baby Full MLE?:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, so?  The Pistons will still stink, Baby will continue to be deluded into thinking he should be a starter, and Boston will have an open slot. I've liked G. Davis since LSU, but his maturity has stuck on 17. When and if he grows up, he might realize what he has to offer and be happy with that.  He can't jump, over- confident of his shooting prowess, and gets "confused" by his role. Huh? He's a small PF who's supposed to play D and rebound; everything after that is gravy, but get the first two done!  I wasn't aware that a player gets confused if he starts or subs. If the better player ahead of him can't go, he does. If the better player ahead of him can play, he'll sit until otherwise asked to do something else. Where's the confusion? It's not like Doc told him to play point.
    Posted by painter[/QUOTE]

How will we have an open spot?  He will probably HAVE to come back, since we only have 6 players under contract.  But if he goes, we need to get someone in return, since we can't pay anyone, either!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]I've always liked Maxiel!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

funny, the pistons, who have stank for years now, don't seem to like maxiell.  he's about 6-8, has some strength but can't body out big centers like davis can and had hands like cinder blocks when it comes to shooting the ball.

if maxiell was worth a stale sandwich then wouldn't his minutes in detroit have gone UP the last 2-3 years?  they haven't.  his mnutes have at least halved if not gone down by 2/3

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i'm going to make a bold prediction- if davis leaves this team, the team will not be able to cover the things that he does with any TWO acquisitions of your choice that will fit under the salary cap.

and this my friends is why i am soooo turned off on the c's next four years- the very idea that doc ribbers would clobber davis in the press as much as he has for YEARS and the guy did the work of two bench players.  and did admirably.  was frequently quoted as the best help defender in the league by broadcasters of any and all networks.

and now we're going to watch him leave town because doc can't be a coach and has to be a beatcch instead.  funny how rondo has consistently shot 50-55% from the line but never gets sold out to the press.

more poor talent management.  it's going to parlay into a MISERABLE last run for the big 3 if davis leaves town.  mark my words.  jermain might as well not be here.  he's a 6 million dollar mooch who won't pay 20 games, again. 

so we're bare naked to cover kg's 20 minutes a game and 48 minutes at the 5.  good luck "getting the pieces" to cover up after davis walks!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

it speaks volumes about how terrible a coach rivers is that he can't keep a STEAL / GIFT in the draft- a second rounder that panned out and has been on the books for CHEAP his whole career.  but doke rivvars has to run him out of  town, while ainge looks on like a dummy. 

it's not like we've really gotten over in the draft lately, plenty of joe forte's and the likes.  God forbid we try to keep the one guy who could be the lasting impact of the ray allen deal after allen retires.  idiots. 

and the signing of jerLAME o'neal for two years.  brilliant.  no league pass for me this year.  i might watch 2 or 3 games when they are on tnt.  everything they did was dumb.  nate had to be driven out of town.  maybe we keep delonte.  and he'll be hurt the automatic 40-45 games that he always is. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out bb!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

[QUOTE]i'm going to make a bold prediction- if davis leaves this team, the team will not be able to cover the things that he does with any TWO acquisitions of your choice that will fit under the salary cap. and this my friends is why i am soooo turned off on the c's next four years- the very idea that doc ribbers would clobber davis in the press as much as he has for YEARS and the guy did the work of two bench players.  and did admirably.  was frequently quoted as the best help defender in the league by broadcasters of any and all networks. and now we're going to watch him leave town because doc can't be a coach and has to be a beatcch instead.  funny how rondo has consistently shot 50-55% from the line but never gets sold out to the press. more poor talent management.  it's going to parlay into a MISERABLE last run for the big 3 if davis leaves town.  mark my words.  jermain might as well not be here.  he's a 6 million dollar mooch who won't pay 20 games, again.  so we're bare naked to cover kg's 20 minutes a game and 48 minutes at the 5.  good luck "getting the pieces" to cover up after davis walks!
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE] DITTO OLDCOACH

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Good luck Glen, enjoyed watching you and Powe when you made the most of your opportunities. Not sure what happened last post season, but maybe you have reached a certain level and did not work hard enough to play above that.  Doc Rivers, in many ways, has continued Red's team concept of role players, and the players who have been the most valuable have continued to remember that concept. Even Hall of Famers like Ray, Paul and Kevin, despite all their money and fame, have continued to play like they each are such part of something much bigger and more special.  Maybe that is the reason they have a championship together and almost another one and LeBron, Dwayne and Chris don't have one yet.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Detroit?  Look for Davis to gain another 20 - 25 lbs this season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

[QUOTE]Good luck Glen, enjoyed watching you and Powe when you made the most of your opportunities. Not sure what happened last post season, but maybe you have reached a certain level and did not work hard enough to play above that.  Doc Rivers, in many ways, has continued Red's team concept of role players, and the players who have been the most valuable have continued to remember that concept. Even Hall of Famers like Ray, Paul and Kevin, despite all their money and fame, have continued to play like they each are such part of something much bigger and more special.  Maybe that is the reason they have a championship together and almost another one and LeBron, Dwayne and Chris don't have one yet.
    Posted by rgmfick[/QUOTE]

Hi,
    +1 to rgmfick.
    Paraphrasing Bird RA, KG came to Boston to win.
    BBD is a very useful player for Celtics but with quite a few limitations. If he can't or doesn't want to play within those limitations it's better to get somebody less useful who'd play within his role and limitations every night, IMO.
    I think DA will try to resign BBD but if the price goes too high he is a gonner - S&T.

AK

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]i'm going to make a bold prediction- if davis leaves this team, the team will not be able to cover the things that he does with any TWO acquisitions of your choice that will fit under the salary cap. and this my friends is why i am soooo turned off on the c's next four years- the very idea that doc ribbers would clobber davis in the press as much as he has for YEARS and the guy did the work of two bench players.  and did admirably.  was frequently quoted as the best help defender in the league by broadcasters of any and all networks. and now we're going to watch him leave town because doc can't be a coach and has to be a beatcch instead.  funny how rondo has consistently shot 50-55% from the line but never gets sold out to the press. more poor talent management.  it's going to parlay into a MISERABLE last run for the big 3 if davis leaves town.  mark my words.  jermain might as well not be here.  he's a 6 million dollar mooch who won't pay 20 games, again.  so we're bare naked to cover kg's 20 minutes a game and 48 minutes at the 5.  good luck "getting the pieces" to cover up after davis walks!
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Powe was playing over Davis when he was here.....he will rebound, a totally foreign concept to Davis..........so  - Humphries AND Powe will not make up for Davis?  You're right, you shouldn't follow the team anymore!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Good bye and good riddance BBD!!

I would rather have Reggie Evans anyway. Evans will do the dirty work BBD didn't want to do.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

not sure about glen davis, but do wonder why there has been so little mentioned about the celtics re signing leon powe?

is powe still not able to play at 100% because of his last knee injury?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]not sure about glen davis, but do wonder why there has been so little mentioned about the celtics re signing leon powe? is powe still not able to play at 100% because of his last knee injury?
    Posted by charliedarling[/QUOTE]

Agree with you about Powe.  If he is healthy he could be a great help to the Celtics next season. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Pistons to Offer Big Baby Full MLE?": [QUOTE]Good bye and good riddance BBD!! I would rather have Reggie Evans anyway. Evans will do the dirty work BBD didn't want to do. Posted by BirdLewsBias[/QUOTE] What dirty work has there ever been that BBD didn't want to do? He wanted to do TOO many things by wanting to shoot too much and hold the ball from others should be doing the shooting. BbD frustrated us all, but we can never accuse him of not getting underneath and fighting, setting picks, taking charges, etc. he got enough o-rebounds such that he constantly got his shot blocked from stupidly going up against bigger guys rather than kick it out. But, he was definitely doing the dirty work.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Acie, Will there ever be a thread where it's not all Doc Rivers fault for you? Please get over that and move on. Your comments will be more valuable and insightful if you look past your hate for Doc.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

GREAT !

Maybe the Celtics can offer Rodney Stuckey the same and they can do a sign and trade !

Also, I keep having visions of Jonas Jeblerko in a Celtics uniform. A 2nd round draft pick who averaged 30 minutes a game for the Pistons last season. Jeblerko has better length than Baby , can run , catch and finish in the paint (instead of getting all his shots blocked)....he is a restricted FA and would be a good fit for the Celtics , 6-10 forward who can run the floor, hit the outside shot and put it on the floor in the paint.http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3998/jonas-jerebko

Highly skilled. And this is a guy the Celtics could play 15-20 minutes at any frontcourt position, can't see Big Baby being happy with anything less than 30 minutes a night this season, maybe it is time for him to go. He was great with the Celtics but I think a longer player like Jonas Jerblenko would be a better fit and not be such a mismatch for the Celtics.

It's dealing with the mismatch Big Baby has as a small center with no lift who can't get out to cover outside shooters, this is what I think Doc and Danny are sick of....what do you guys think of Stucky and Jonas Jerblerko  for a Big Baby and spare parts package ?

I think Stucky would be perfect swinging between the 1-2 and averaging more minutes than anyone but Rondo.....instant offense, can play poin and is big enough to cover LeBron and D Wade !

Stuckey is the # player the Celtics should target....Jonas Jerblerko is available as a rstricted FA and this would seem to be an obvious match for a trade with the Celtics...

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejusox21. Show ejusox21's posts

Keep BB in Boston!!!

Sections
Shortcuts