Pitino Predicts Kansas Could Have Top Two 2014 Picks In Wiggins, Embiid

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

Pitino Predicts Kansas Could Have Top Two 2014 Picks In Wiggins, Embiid

Rick Pitino cites Joel Embiid as the most impressive recruit he's seen in the Class of 2013.

Embiid committed to Kansas and is joined by Andrew Wiggins.

“I think Kansas could have the No. 1 and No. 2 picks in the draft with [Andrew] Wiggins and Embiid. [Embiid] does everything,” Pitino said.

Embiid, a seven-foot center, is projected as the 12th overall pick in the 2014 Mock Draft by Draft Express.

Kentucky had the two top picks in the 2012 NBA Draft in Anthony Davis and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.

Via Jeff Goodman/ESPN

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Re: Pitino Predicts Kansas Could Have Top Two 2014 Picks In Wiggins, Embiid

Embiid is a manchild BEAST that I would love to see in green, but he'll have to show quite a bit of polishing as a freshman to beat out Randall and Parker for #2.  But he certainly has all the tools!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I'm McLovin this draft!!!

Tankopalooza 2013!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

I do agree that this draft has a ton of talent but it seems more top heavy than deep in my opinion. 

After the first 5 guys (Wiggins, Randle, Parker, Smart, Embiid) the next ten or so guys have talent yes, but also have holes in their games.  Gordon, Exum, Harrison, Saric, Seldon, Walker, RobinsonIII ect. all have potential and upside but are probably not game changing players you can build your team around.

The other problem in this draft is it is loaded with high end SFs and PFs. Those are the only two positions that you could say the Celts have locked up.  Yes if you get Wiggins Randle or maybe Parker you could consider getting rid of Green, Olynyk, or Sully.  But if the Celts get the 7th pick and Gordon who projects as another 3/4, is the best player avail  are you going to ditch Green?  (I already know Crickets answer on that one, but if you arent rediculously biased against Uncle Jeff). Or would you pass on the best player to take a lesser center or shooting guard?

Tough one on Ainge.  He has to completely tank, or pull some major magic and trade for a young player with all star potential.  Just missing the playoffs or getting the eighth seed, then ending up in the middle of this draft won't do anything for this team.  He needs to you-know-what or get off the pot.

Tanking = trading Rondo, (you have to, there is no way he is sitting out for half a season) 

Competing = Trading some combo of Humpcrap, Sully, Bradley, Lee, Bass, Brooks, Melo, Picks, for a more established young C or SG that may have AllStar potential.

He must do one of the two, and it has to be this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

harrison, gordon, exum, seldon...etc have holes in their game, but most HS players do. they also have the skill sets and athleticism to become super stars.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

2 guys I'll be keeping my eye on this year in college, Embiid and Cauley-Stein (Ky). Both have "beast" potential.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

In response to MrCricket's comment:

harrison, gordon, exum, seldon...etc have holes in their game, but more HS players do. they also have the skill sets and athleticism to become super stars.

There is a difference between superstars and allstars.  There are usually 5 or 6 guys in the league at any one time that have the ability to lead a team to a championship.  Lebron, Durant, Parker, CP3, Kobe, Maybe Howard.  Those are players worth trading away an already proven all star player in order to be Position yourself in the draft.

There is a very good chance that there are two or even 3 of these players in the upcoming draft. But to get one out of the top five is almost impossible.  

I feel DA is holding out on improving the team to ensure the Celtics a better draft position.  But he isn't making the moves necessary to make them a bottom 5 team.  This middle of the road stance is not going to get them a franchise player, and is going to frustrate the current all star we do have.  

Tank if you must but doing a half-azzed job of it is the worst possible course of action. 

Sections
Shortcuts